GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New magnaflow pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-07, 05:10 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
You got em Nice install buddy.. How does it sound to you so far?? It will break in fully in about 6 months
Thanks. They sounds great! Just right.
Old 01-30-07, 08:37 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-01-07, 09:55 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 228 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by lexmenow
muffler #14235
tips #35121

www.hottexhaust.com

Ask member GSoup for the coupon code. It knocks off 10% on top of a 6% sale going on now. Shipping is free. Total cost 224.00 plus install.
Thanks lexmenow! I just placed my order and with the discount + taxes (free shipping), total cost out the door was $254.00!

I can't wait to get them installed in April!

Gotta take off the L-tuned mufflers, shine them up and put them in the classifieds now!

Question for you lexmenow, how much more pipe did you have to buy to join the muffler to the existing piping?

The pic of the muffler shows it as not having any pipe on the end that is joined to the exhaust pipes coming from the engine. What about hangers etc? All those had to be welded on?

Last edited by Hameed; 02-01-07 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-01-07, 10:43 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Thanks lexmenow! I just placed my order and with the discount + taxes (free shipping), total cost out the door was $254.00!

Gotta take off the L-tuned mufflers, shine them up and put them in the classifieds now!

Question for you lexmenow, how much more pipe did you have to buy to join the muffler to the existing piping?

The pic of the muffler shows it as not having any pipe on the end that is joined to the exhaust pipes coming from the engine. What about hangers etc? All those had to be welded on?

Wow the price went up considerably since i got mine back in the day. I paid 181.00 shipped for both.
Old 02-01-07, 10:44 AM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

My local muffler shop measured pipe so they could match length for welding the tips to the mufflers. I kept my stock mufflers so the shop cut and welded my existing exhaust to the mufflers. They welded hangers, but not like stock.

I hope this helps.
Old 02-01-07, 10:48 AM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
You got em Nice install buddy.. How does it sound to you so far?? It will break in fully in about 6 months
What do you mean break in?
Old 02-01-07, 10:55 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lexmenow
What do you mean break in?
The sound will change a bit as the insulation inside the mufflers burns off a bit. Not detrimental at all, so no need to fret. Had mine since late 04 I believe, and it is not as deep sounding inside of the car as it was new. I had my girlfiend drive my car around my block once since I never heard these magnaflows outside of the car.. All i have to say is wow... It sounds throaty and raspy similar to a C6 Vette You will be happy
Old 02-01-07, 11:37 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just to clarify something. The magnaflows DaShocker has and the one I had have the tips on them already.

With discount comes out to $171.31 SHIPPED!!!!!
I just double checked it.
The part number is 14829

http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?product_id=14829
Old 02-01-07, 11:46 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by GSoup
Just to clarify something. The magnaflows DaShocker has and the one I had have the tips on them already.

The part number is 14829

Yes, GSoup, lexmenow and I bought different ones because the tip on the one you bought is not centered in the cutout of the bumper.

Part numbers
muffler #14235
tips #35121

Last edited by Hameed; 02-01-07 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-01-07, 01:09 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Hameed...

I wanted to clear that up for those that were reading and saw different prices in regards to it.

For the record, mine was perfectly centered.

Tuddy & oohpapi44 also have the same muffler. I took them to my muffler guy and they are centered also.

Last edited by GSoup; 02-01-07 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-01-07, 01:19 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hey Hameed...

I wanted to clear that up for those that were reading and saw different prices in regards to it.

For the record, mine was perfectly centered.

Tuddy & oohpapi44 also have the same muffler. I took them to my muffler guy and they are centered also.
Maybe I said that wrong.

DASHOCKER said that they are off-centred ala Supra style tips. Does that mean anything to you?
Old 02-01-07, 01:26 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

ummm... not really.. LMAO

I know his mufflers are installed on an angle on purpose. Other than that I guess he would have to chime in and clarify that.
Old 02-01-07, 01:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

ummm... not really.. LMAO

I know his mufflers are installed on an angle on purpose. Other than that I guess he would have to chime in and clarify that.
I sure hope I didn't waste my money buying the ones I did and should have just bought the same ones you bought that had tips on already.......
Old 02-01-07, 04:09 PM
isaacly
Rookie

The part number is 14829

i bought these today.. 191 w/ shipping.. so are these a simple install.. just hang or is there welding and cutting involved? anyone recommend an muffler shop in so cal, thanks.
Old 02-01-07, 05:19 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

I sure hope I didn't waste my money buying the ones I did and should have just bought the same ones you bought that had tips on already.......
Don't think of it that way. either way its a bargain and a half

I actually have a set here sitting in my kitchen waiting to be installed but its the 3" piping ..racing series

Quick Reply: New magnaflow pics