GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Woohoo...first pics of my car and mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-05, 12:07 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, and what happened to the Lexus Logo on the RMM grille and the TTE sticker?
Old 07-10-05, 12:22 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Oh, and what happened to the Lexus Logo on the RMM grille and the TTE sticker?
yes looks kinda naked with out the "L" emblem on the rmm grille...go find the tte sticker too
Old 07-10-05, 04:20 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks sharp man.

-Fernando
Old 07-10-05, 05:22 AM
dmodstl
Lexus Test Driver

Great list of mods for your car. I concur with others, 'O1 OEM Tails would make a huge diference for the rear of your vehicle. I'd also look into some side skirts and probably a roof spoiler in the future.

Thanks for the pics.
Old 07-10-05, 11:06 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

What's wrong on the driver's side rear? Is that just distortion in the pic or have you been hit?
Old 07-10-05, 11:13 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I think it looks pretty good. I like the wheels but the grille definately needs the L emblem
Old 07-10-05, 01:29 PM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

I do have the front emblem and the tte sticker but just havent put them on yet. The emblem is chrome which doesnt match the gold on the trunk. I'm thinking of getting a set of black pearl emblems or getting new gold ones cause the old ones are all peeling and cracking.

The lip seems to be fine in person. Maybe it's just the pics that is distorting the view. If there is anything wrong it could be the fact that the bumper was badly scraped on the bottom causing it not to fit perfectly.

About the fuzziness in the rear left quarter panel, I believe this car has been in a minor accident which the owner I bought it from did not mention. Yes, I am pissed at the owner for misrepresenting his car (showroom cond) but most of the fault lies in me. I rushed myself into buying the car and did not do a detail check. I also relied too much on Carfax which report no problems with the car. I just have to deal with it now.

So thanks for all the compliments. Looking forward to more mods.
Old 07-10-05, 01:56 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

the car looks great
Old 07-10-05, 05:43 PM
AustinGS4
Rookie

Default first mods

Very nice. I met a Club Lexus member here in Austin the other day who has done lots with his GS400. I have yet to start. Well I did purchase a link from my iPod to my stereo. I need to get that installed when it finally arrives. Next in line will be the Greddy exhaust and then wheels. It's hard not to want to do it all at once but the budget demands planning and time. I'm excited for you and what you have done. It looks good. I really like the grill and the wheels.

Oh I forgot my very first purchase - the die cast version of my GS400.
Old 07-11-05, 01:07 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by jtgs400
The lip seems to be fine in person. Maybe it's just the pics that is distorting the view. If there is anything wrong it could be the fact that the bumper was badly scraped on the bottom causing it not to fit perfectly.
Well, in the 4002 pic, the lip LOOKS like it is tucked under the bumper (not right) instead of covering the bottom of the bumper (correct).

Here is an old pic of my car but hopefully you can see what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails Woohoo...first pics of my car and mods-img_1859_800600.jpg  
Old 07-11-05, 02:13 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

I can see what neo is talking about. You should get them to realign it.
Old 07-11-05, 07:48 AM
jtgs400
Lead Lap

I do see what you guys mean. But how is it possible to realign it after it's been glued on? I had the lip installed about 2 weeks prior to the paint job by some other shop. Honestly I wasn't too satisfied with the outcome but I thought the lip could get damage if they had to remove it and re-glue it so I just left it alone. Also, like I mentioned before the lower bumper was badly scraped by the previous owner which probably caused the lip to not fit perfectly flushed. I'll just have to live with it now with everything said and done.
Old 07-11-05, 06:30 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep up the good work.
Old 07-11-05, 07:26 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by jtgs400
I do see what you guys mean. But how is it possible to realign it after it's been glued on? I had the lip installed about 2 weeks prior to the paint job by some other shop. Honestly I wasn't too satisfied with the outcome but I thought the lip could get damage if they had to remove it and re-glue it so I just left it alone. Also, like I mentioned before the lower bumper was badly scraped by the previous owner which probably caused the lip to not fit perfectly flushed. I'll just have to live with it now with everything said and done.
It is only glue (and a few screws). The body shop messed up but any decent shop should have been able to remove the lip. It would only take a bit of time to be careful with it but since they messed up, it is on them to take as much time as needed to make it right. The only issue would be the paint but since you were getting a paint job anyway, that would not have been a problem.

Anyway, it is all done now. My only point in brining it up was just to make sure you are aware of it. If you are OK with it, then that's fine. It is your car after all.
Old 07-11-05, 08:42 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Lookin good

Quick Reply: Woohoo...first pics of my car and mods