GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

new wheels! JDM ;)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-05, 01:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
he cannot lower the car any more unfortunately ...the sides are soo low that we had to use blocks for the car to get back in his driveway...i guess the only option he has is air runners

as far as tires...the front he is running 225/35/19 and the rear he has 245/30/19 I think...they are dunlop tires. and he is the very one that helped out our car club with the tires. thanks a lot bro

cody
haha yeah i know, i saw that the bumper and the skirts are on the gnd already. i remember dave's home, so i can imagine how hard it's for him to even get on the driveway. i guess since he has to run stretch, that's probably why the wheels look smaller than they are and thus the wheel gap. but the offset are really something
Old 06-27-05, 02:20 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah it's somse off teh shelf universal one i beleive. i asked dave immediately when i saw the setup since i have never seen it before, but even him couldn't tell me what brand it was anymore, haha
All I know is he bought them in Japan and hauled them back with him....LOL!!!

Here's a better shot of his cans....

Last edited by PHML; 06-27-05 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-27-05, 04:10 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks sharp.

It doesn't look very low because of the ultra-short tires...

I do like aggressive offsets, but those might even be too aggressive for me!
Old 06-27-05, 07:23 PM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes those are crazy as hell.. saw them myself.. but the bad part about it is that yes, the kit is way too low... the only thing that dave did for modding his fenders or whatnot was just that he rolled and pulled on them.. thats it.. the car can tuck because the negative camber will allow the lip to go tuck right where the fender is.. there is jsut enough clearance without rubbing.. i shouldve gotten something of this sort of offset...
Old 06-29-05, 12:49 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

some may think the offsets are too aggressive....yes it is true if you are going for the clean sporty look...but if you are going for VIP....there is no limits when it comes to offsets....which is the reason why you will see 5-7" lips in the VIP car mags

Dave's car IMO definitely qualifies as VIP cuz he has a big body kit (win kit), huge dual tip exhaust canisters, stretched tire setup, sounds, slammed to the ground...in fact even he said it was a little too low for him when it comes to everyday driver.

cody
Old 06-29-05, 08:04 PM
pimpluxGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks!

Hey Guys,

Thanks cody for posting up the pics for me...Ive been so busy lately...with my wedding and everything...

Thanks everyone for the comments..good and bad...lol...

I know its not everyone's cup of tea...but its my car and this is what I like... I am trying to go VIP style and not sport sedan or cali style..

Thus I chose to go with the most aggressive offset I could with the stock body (no over fenders etc...) here is the information requested...

Work Euroline KH
19X 9 +20 Low disk
19X10 +20 Low disk

Tire size:

Dunlop sponsored 225/35/ZR19 Front
Dunlop sponsored 245/35/ZR19 Rear

Lip depth 3.75" front
Lip depth 4.6" rear

Modifications to fit wheels:

Somewhat difficult but now possible...

Rolled fender lip completely flat to the inside wall (using a fender rolling machine that bold on to the hub) and slight pull by hand and machine front and rear (estimated 3-5mm)

I didnt want to shave the fenders because there would not be enough material to pull the fender and I was worried the fender would become too weak without any support for the arch of the fender... (It is very weak even after just rolling the fender)

Notes:

No spacers used to clear brakes
No camber was added (close to stock specs)
Tires are very stretched

1 finger gap rear unloaded
2.5 finger gap front unloaded

Tires clear rear fender within 2-3 mm...no rubbing at all...even at full load... wheel and tires naturally camber into the fender with load (perfectly).

Drop is only 1.25 front and 2.0 rear with eibach prokit (Spring settlement and Subwoofer set up dropped the front and rear alot).

Air Suspension sponsor... TBA

I don't think I could have gone anymore aggressive with the offset or with a larger tire... It is just about where I want it...

The Win Full Body Kit is way too low for driving with these smaller sized tires. 1"-3/4" from the ground at present height (front of side skirts).

Some people commented that the front gap between the fender and the tire looks like a lot but there is no way can I go any lower unless I get air suspension...and be able to adjust it while driving... Even with air... I dont think my kit will let me even come close to having no gap in the front because the kit will touch the ground first... lol..

I cant drive like this because my driveway is too steep...as Rominl remembers...I had to use blocks just to get out of the garage... lol! So I put back on my 20" Dronell CA-05s back on the car as daily driver wheels....

Sorry no pics during the day...had to drive the car the next day...Ill get pics when Im not so busy...

Thank you everyone for the comments and support...

VR

PimpluxGS
Old 06-29-05, 08:09 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice writeup

congrats on 2 sweet rides

love to hear what company you want to go with for AIR
Old 06-29-05, 09:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

you rock dave, too bad the wheels come about a yr late so i couldn't see it in person
Old 07-01-05, 04:49 AM
pimpluxGS
Rookie

Default write up

Thanks Rominl and GTFM...

I hope the write up helps anyone who is interested in pushing the envelope..

pimpluxGS
Old 07-02-05, 12:01 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

you know, i never understood the concept of stretching a tire to the point that the wheel rim lip can be so easily comprimised at each corner.

But either way, the wheels look hot!
Old 07-02-05, 02:57 PM
GS3T
Lead Lap

looks hot. post some more day pics when you get a chance
Old 07-03-05, 01:42 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great man but stay away from the curbs, LOL.
Old 07-03-05, 08:34 AM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Dave!

Car looks dope. Hopefully I will get a chance to check it out in October.
Old 07-04-05, 08:43 PM
pimpluxGS
Rookie

Default yo

Hudini!

yo wassup! thanks for the comments! give me a call when you come back!

Take care and see you in a few months!

Oh we tried the wheels on an 91 LS400 and my friend's previa. They are way too aggressive for both of the cars...On both the LS and the previa looks like around +25 to +28 MAX front and rear on the 19X9 and 19X10 with rolling and a little pull. I tehre is no way that the +20 could fit either car... but it looked pretty nutz tho!

I guess the GS400 can take just a little bit more....

scroll down for the pics......

http://www.pimplux.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=964

VR

pimpluxGS
Old 07-14-05, 09:27 PM
gtfour43
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pimpluxGS
Hudini!

yo wassup! thanks for the comments! give me a call when you come back!

Take care and see you in a few months!

Oh we tried the wheels on an 91 LS400 and my friend's previa. They are way too aggressive for both of the cars...On both the LS and the previa looks like around +25 to +28 MAX front and rear on the 19X9 and 19X10 with rolling and a little pull. I tehre is no way that the +20 could fit either car... but it looked pretty nutz tho!

I guess the GS400 can take just a little bit more....

scroll down for the pics......

http://www.pimplux.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=964

VR

pimpluxGS
Heyyy thats my car

Thanks again Dave for letting me test fit your wheels on my LS. Hopefully I can make up my mind soon on what to get than my car can actually be parked next to everyone else's cars.

Quick Reply: new wheels! JDM ;)