GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Some new rims for Giovanna and others to knock off...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-01, 11:58 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To answer some basic questions...

1) Yes, these are expensive compared to knock-offs. They range from USD$557 to USD$885 EACH in silver...US$90 more PER RIM for chrome (these prices are based on today's JPY to USD exchange rate).
2) They come in 18", 19", and 20".
3) Other than the rims and the body kit (Wald), I don't know anything else about the GS in the picture.
4) This rim is made by AME, it's called the ModelArt Prider.
Attached Thumbnails Some new rims for Giovanna and others to knock off...-ame-20modelart-20prider.jpg  
Old 06-13-01, 12:05 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Next up...maybe G-Racing or Katana will copy this one...

The Work Equip 508 - Classic design, now in 20". Dope *** rim.

www.work-wheels.co.jp

Here's a straight on shot...
Attached Thumbnails Some new rims for Giovanna and others to knock off...-equip508_1.jpg  
Old 06-13-01, 12:08 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Here's another shot on a LS430...
Attached Thumbnails Some new rims for Giovanna and others to knock off...-equip508_2.jpg  
Old 06-13-01, 12:18 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default AutoCouture's SUV rim

I dunno if there are any other sizes besides 22" and 23"...I don't know the name but the 5 spoke (this is a 6spoke, 6 lug) car version of this rim is called the Indicator. Dunno prices but I think it ONLY comes in chrome...
Attached Thumbnails Some new rims for Giovanna and others to knock off...-acs-20indicator-20suv.jpg  
Old 06-13-01, 12:24 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default AutoCouture Indicator

Here's a pict of the new AutoCouture Indicator...this is the rim that was on the AutoCouture GS that I posted a while ago (I remember someone asking me specifically about the rims...well here it is! )

Also, as you can see, AutoCouture has a body kit for the new SC...looks VERY NICE!
Attached Thumbnails Some new rims for Giovanna and others to knock off...-acs_sc.jpg  
Old 06-13-01, 12:27 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M,

thanks for the latest info on those rims.

looking at the work equip model is like looking at a piece of art work...just llok at the materials and workmanship...so awesome. though the rim has been out for sometime, as people say "classics never die..."

will
Old 06-13-01, 12:40 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default AutoCouture Indicator...

Ok...available in 20" ONLY and only in chrome...bad ***...one of the few rims I'd buy in chrome...
Attached Thumbnails Some new rims for Giovanna and others to knock off...-acs_indicator.jpg  
Old 06-13-01, 12:56 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Ok..and finally...

Ok, this isn't a "new" rims but it's got a pretty cool feature...

It's a 1-piece FORGED rim...available in 18" and 20" only...says it's 7.5Kg per wheel (about 16.53 pounds!)...I assume that's for the 18"...so the 20" must be about 19 pounds or so (maybe a little more because a 20" rim probably needs more structural reinforcment)....which is pretty damn good for a rim that's chromed! (5 year warranty on the chrome and lifetime on "Structural" warranty...dunno what's "excluded" on that last one though...I'm sure potholes and curbs don't count! )

It's made by a American company called WELD (I'm sure you've probably heard of them...mostly make rims for American cars and trucks)...

Here's the two car models they sell...the Axis SL and the Espada...The Axis SL are another set of rims I would be willing to do in chrome. I think the Espada, in chrome, is a little too bling-bling for me...

I wonder if you could get these in silver or polished?

The ONLY think I don't like about the rims in the center cap...they're coned outward...I think a flat cap with their "Evo" logo would have been better...maybe they can custom make some...
Attached Thumbnails Some new rims for Giovanna and others to knock off...-weld_evo.jpg  
Old 06-13-01, 01:24 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW

some of those rims are BADASS!!

Now i bought my wife a 2001 Rx300 Silversport

what size rims would you guys recommend

Im thinking 18's since she will be driving it mostly
and the Rx300 isnt all that big.. so i think 20's might look stupid

please let me know what size and which model perhaps

thanks

Old 06-13-01, 02:04 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the SC430 body kit, too bad I don't have one = (, in terms of luxury and design, (not performance), I still think Lowenhart's LD1 is the best. Nomatter on a GS or LS or S class. just pure luxurious and stole my attention away :eek:
Old 06-15-01, 03:08 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Eric...

Hey, why not go with 19" rims? But I'm think 18" 1-piece rims would fill the need...
Old 06-19-01, 06:50 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

Manaray:
You said that Work Equip 508 is a Dope A** Rim. Is that good or bad? They are awesome. Would you put them on your car? Too bling bling?

And the AutoCouture (v)Indicator is Bad A**. Period. I wish I had the "you-know-whats" to run those on my GS.

I wonder how much those rims cost? Who the heck would you call to find out about ordering those Bad A**es. Man.

Old 06-19-01, 06:55 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,191 Likes on 1,423 Posts
Default manaray or anyone...

Does anyone think that GS in the first picture manaray posted actually looks GOOD?

I think it looks AWFUL being lowered that much. Not to mention basically undrivable.

Ugh
Old 06-19-01, 07:27 PM
gsnav
Lead Lap

From the people i've been talking to, the LD1's are played out. Everyone and their mom has it. That is my own opinion. For me, i like to be exclusive so i'm thinking of getting wheels that you can't get easily here and of course, ones that don't even fit on most rice boy cars.

GsNav@clublexus.com
Old 06-19-01, 07:44 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by gsnav
From the people i've been talking to, the LD1's are played out. Everyone and their mom has it. That is my own opinion. For me, i like to be exclusive so i'm thinking of getting wheels that you can't get easily here and of course, ones that don't even fit on most rice boy cars.

GsNav@clublexus.com
Hmmm.. Played out or not I think they will look good on my SC.. I've yet to see them on a car up here so I guess i'll still be exclusive.. :eek:

Your welcome to your opinion thou and I can respect that but like some of said you buy what you like and what you can afford and as long as you are happy then that is all that really matters.. Just my 2 cents..

Quick Reply: Some new rims for Giovanna and others to knock off...