GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Quick update on our Dragcar

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-05, 05:51 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick update on our Dragcar

Just a quick update on our GS300 dragcar. We were in Florida this weekend at Moroso for the NHRA season opener. We did some testing on thursday, but had some problems getting down the track. Then on friday we went up and made one pass. We ran a 7.25 at 190mph. It probably could have been a high teen, but we had one of our turbos lock ed up as soon as we hit 5th gear. Then on sunday we ran probably one of the closest passes of the weekend. We ran a 7.379 against my friend Paul E's Solara, who ran a 7.374. We lost but it was one hell of a race. Just wanted to keep my fellow CL members up to date. If any of you make it out to the races, stop by and say hello.

One more thing, We also now hold the MPH record in the NDRA, as we ran 190MPH in Phoenix at the Nopi season opener.
Old 04-04-05, 06:05 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats Justin

any pics of the car ?
Old 04-04-05, 06:09 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Default re

Thank Johnny. Hey, George has those side skirts for you. I told him you would be picking them up. I have a bunch of pics and videos. I just always have problems getting them uploaded onto my computer. I can get the pics uploaded, just have problems with the videos. I will try to get them up.
Old 04-04-05, 06:09 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RACEREDI
Just a quick update on our GS300 dragcar. We were in Florida this weekend at Moroso for the NHRA season opener. We did some testing on thursday, but had some problems getting down the track. Then on friday we went up and made one pass. We ran a 7.25 at 190mph. It probably could have been a high teen, but we had one of our turbos lock ed up as soon as we hit 5th gear. Then on sunday we ran probably one of the closest passes of the weekend. We ran a 7.379 against my friend Paul E's Solara, who ran a 7.374. We lost but it was one hell of a race. Just wanted to keep my fellow CL members up to date. If any of you make it out to the races, stop by and say hello.

One more thing, We also now hold the MPH record in the NDRA, as we ran 190MPH in Phoenix at the Nopi season opener.
congrats!!!

and way to go George on the super tuning!!!

I'm dying to see video of the run between you and Paul!!!!!

I can host Video, send me on AOL Instant Messenger, i'm TsopranoNJ

ahhhhh, what an awesome year this is, so thrilled for you guys!!!
damn, I cant wait to see you run at englishtown....I'll be there RACING that day....
Old 04-04-05, 06:14 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

holy crap justiin thats the car ??

that looks insane

and thanks

im going to george to tune my lexus hopefully soon

thanks again for the sideskirts

great shot
Old 04-04-05, 06:17 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome times. Thanks for giving our brand some creadabity again. Since Area69 and blast racing pulled their SC's- there haven't been any Lexus' out there giving the big guys a run for their money!
Old 04-04-05, 06:30 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i am so MAD, i was going to go to moroso but it was raining so i didn't go, i was there last week and there was a sc doing 8.1's and i was telling my brother about your car. dam man i wish i would have gone...looks great by the way..
Old 04-04-05, 06:52 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone. Soprano, I am going to email you the videos hopefully tomorrow. I had to rush back to maryland early this morning as my fiance is in the hospital getting ready to have my first little one. If everything goes good I should be able to email the vids to you tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for the great comments. And also Im with Soprano about the tune up from George. George and Mike from Racing Technology and consulting have been a huge help for us. And they will be with us all year at every event. There is no better tuner out there. Anyone that needs any tuning or other things done on their Lex's should give them a call. They have been doing some trick IS's lately. Also a big thanks to Gary from VP Race Cars. I also got to give a big thanks to everyone at Turbonetics for coming on board with us, also NGK, Goodyear, Crane Cams, K&N, East West clutches, G-force transmissions, Speedesign, and everyone else out there that has helped us so much.
Old 04-04-05, 07:09 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone. Soprano, I am going to email you the videos hopefully tomorrow. I had to rush back to maryland early this morning as my fiance is in the hospital getting ready to have my first little one. If everything goes good I should be able to email the vids to you tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for the great comments. And also Im with Soprano about the tune up from George. George and Mike from Racing Technology and consulting have been a huge help for us. And they will be with us all year at every event. There is no better tuner out there. Anyone that needs any tuning or other things done on their Lex's should give them a call. They have been doing some trick IS's lately. Also a big thanks to Gary from VP Race Cars. I also got to give a big thanks to everyone at Turbonetics for coming on board with us, also NGK, Goodyear, Crane Cams, K&N, East West clutches, G-force transmissions, Speedesign, and everyone else out there that has helped us so much.
sounds good......

best wishes to u and ur fiance on ur firstborn!

Yes, my car was rejuvinated by George and Michael, lucky for me i'm 15min drive away....
Old 04-04-05, 07:11 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

Wonder..is it street legal?

Just cause it's on the track doesnt mean it cant be stylin. Slap on some SD headlights!
Old 04-04-05, 07:16 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
sounds good......

best wishes to u and ur fiance on ur firstborn!

Yes, my car was rejuvinated by George and Michael, lucky for me i'm 15min drive away....
yeah i second that

congrats Justin

good luck with everything this year
Old 04-04-05, 07:17 PM
RACEREDI
Driver

Default re

The car does still have its Vin plate, and all of the factory lights still work. Headlights, Fog Lights, Turn signals, taillights, and even the factory 3rd brake light. I have been tempted to get tags for it. But I would have to go to WV or somewhere to get them. But it wouldn't see the street until after I have finished racing it. But who knows. lol
Old 04-04-05, 07:59 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Are you planing on making the NDRA event in St. louis?

Ben
Old 04-04-05, 08:03 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That car is just crazy. As always, keep us posted.
Old 04-04-05, 09:24 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

The car does still have its Vin plate, and all of the factory lights still work. Headlights, Fog Lights, Turn signals, taillights, and even the factory 3rd brake light. I have been tempted to get tags for it. But I would have to go to WV or somewhere to get them. But it wouldn't see the street until after I have finished racing it. But who knows. lol
LOL joke!

Quick Reply: Quick update on our Dragcar