GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Weds Cerebrus (wait) or Zenetti Mystik (now)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-01, 05:38 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just noticed the Zenetti Mystik are identical to the Weds Cerebrus

Cerebrus would cost me around $3500 19" with tires
Mystik would cost me around $3300 20" with tires

Problem is Cerebrus will be around 8 week wait once i pay for them

the Mystik i can probably much sooner

You guys think there's a big built quality difference between the 2?

Mystik are probably knock offs.. not really sure

Im VERY impatient when it comes to waiting

any suggestions comment appreciated

thanks

Erick G
Old 04-20-01, 08:38 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Uh, yeah, the Zenetti are DEFINITLY Weds Cerebrus knock-offs. I wouldn't even CONSIDER getting the Zenetti's over the Cerebrus...would you buy a Daewood Leganza over a Lexus GS300?

8 Weeks? I'd rather wait 8 months than buy fakes.

I hate to wait too but there are just some things you should wait for...quality difference will be VERY evident. Plus, I don't think the Mystiks are even 3-piece wheels...I think they're 3-piece "LOOKING" 1-piece wheels...which, in it's own right, is a pretty sad thing. It's a double fake!

Old 04-20-01, 08:45 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Are the Weds Cerebrus 3 piece?

Maybe if David From GTautosports emails me the bank wire info today

I can get the ball rolling.. if not.. im not sure what im going to do

I want to spend $3500 give or take a little
19"-20" something chrome something aggresive

thanks

Erick G
Old 04-20-01, 08:56 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Zenetti Wheels

Let me just say first that if you you want to label Zenetti's as "knock-offs", that's cool. Cause' they are some "damn good looking & performing" "knock-offs"! I currently have the Chrome 18' Vega's and my deposit is already down for the 20' Mystic's! All I have to say is wherever I go, (and I'm out quite a bit!) be it a club, movie theater, restaurant, gas station, or wherever. I get compliments on my wheels from drivers of Benz, BMW, Porsche, and of course Lexus owners on my wheels every single time I am out! And oh by the way, I have had a couple of what felt like for sure damaging brushes against curbs, I get home buff a little Meguiars on em' and bamm! Those babys chrome is intact! A little scuff of course but from my many previous wheel experiences, Zenetti has proven awesome in my book, in both looks and quality!!!
Old 04-20-01, 10:32 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up worth the wait

eric,

how's going?

def. wait for the weds. i repeat, they are the WEDS KRANZE we are talking about. did the price came from DAVE? i thought he takes plastics? why do you need to wire the fund to get things rolling? is it cheaper that way he said?

you are spemnding over $3k, and found the wheel YOU LIKE-the WEDS, you should wait for them. as i said, they are the WEDS
Old 04-20-01, 11:00 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Gs4will
they dont take plastic

and he is impossible to get a hold off

price he gave me was $3500 for rims and tires

but pretty useless if i cant get a hold of him

I called superbuytires.com they have the zenetti rims in stock
could have them by next week

so i guess im in limbo

Erick G
Old 04-20-01, 11:11 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Default to eric

Eric,

Oh, i see the problem, not a small one too.

what is your location, scal, correct? tell me the exact offer- $3500 for what size combo/ tyres, brands, finish of the wheel you want. i will see and ask around for you. if you feel more comfortable, you can also private message me too.

if you do not like the WEDS, that would be another story. but you do, and because you spend quite a few $$$$, it is worth it to be a little patient.

will
Old 04-20-01, 11:29 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Whether or not Zenetti's are good performers, the fact of the matter is, it's a knock-off. A Rolex Knock-Off with a base ETA movement will run as reliably as a Rolex (and maybe better if they knock-off guys use a better, higher-end ETA movement) but it's STILL A KNOCK OFF NO MATTER HOW YOU SLICE IT. Don't wear a Folex.

As for the curb feeling, any Chrom rim will have the same level of durability...the chrome is what offers the protection.

As for the looks, you'll get people gawking at ANY 19" or 20" chrome rims on a luxury car...I could put on some $100 POS rims that are chromed on my GS and I guarantee you that people will gawk...it doesn't take much to "impress" the general public...now take it to a car show and they'd laugh my *** right out the place ("Who the **** would put such low-end ****ty rims on a Lexus!? I wouldn't even put those on my Civic!"...trust me, I hear comments like this all the time...not directed at me of course! )

If you want to look it in another way, what the people are complimenting is the DESIGN of the rim, which was designed by WEDS. NOT Zenetti. So no matter how you look at it, the Zenetti is nothing but a fake. Period.

GS4Will - I think it's actually a Weds Kranze Cerebrus...because there is also the Kranze ERM and Kranze Shoki...I believe Kranze is just the "family" name and ERM, Cerebrus, and Shoki are the names for the specific "model" in the the Kranze "family"...but I could be wrong!

Eric - Wait for the Weds...dont' cheezy out and buy knock-offs. I would think one would feel better about owning the real deal, not some cheap knock-off....

...and nevermind the fact that they copied the Cerebrus exactly, they were SO CHEEZY that they didn't even make it a REAL 3-piece rim but FAKED it to look like one...THAT ALONE IS PATHETIC!

Last edited by Manaray; 04-20-01 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-20-01, 11:53 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

M,

you right. i like the shoki, whereas eric likes the cerebus , i just need the exact spec and the kind of finish he likes
Old 04-20-01, 12:08 PM
geodesic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Erick G

From reading your posts, I'm interpreting your priorities to be: 1. quality 2. availability 3. cost. If you care about having a name brand, then throw that in there too. But at any rate, evaluate what's important to you and make a decision based on that. Some people can't live without the origingals. You could make arguments all day about knock-offs. GS ripped headlights from E-class Benz. SC430 ripped Audi TT from nose to tail. Titlist ripped Nike's golf ball. My $.02 is to decide what's important to you and go with it.
Old 04-20-01, 01:10 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Gs4will

Im located in Maryland
A little far from Scal

Erick G
Old 04-20-01, 01:10 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Geo - I think it's a matter of debate as to whether or not Lexus ripped the E-Class headlight design...but that's in another thread...

As for the SC430, I don't think they ripped from the Audi....the general shape may look similiar, but then again, most four door sedans look similiar, most mini coupes look similiar...you can say the Audi TT looks like a Porsche (bubbled cabin)...the SC430 isn't close enough to a TT to call it a copy...

If anything, the overall shape looks very yacht like...I was just in Nice, France (several months ago) and I saw a *****load of yachts, Lexus wasn't kidding when they said that they took inspiration from boat designs...

Anyways, in unrelated events, I'm off for a mini-vacation to visit the Pope in Italy...I'll see all ya guys a week or so from now...maybe if I can find a internet cafe, I'll check in...I'll see if I can find some Italian versions of any Lexus cars...I wonder if they use the Toyota badge or the Lexus badge in Italy...I might have to pick up some embelms!

LATER!

(I'm not really visiting the Pope...but I am going to the Vactican)
Old 04-20-01, 01:18 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Manaray

how do you know the Cerebrus is a REAL 3 piece?

I cant find ANY information about the rim itself

Erick G
Old 04-20-01, 01:30 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Eric - I know they're real because A) It's made by Weds...They don't **** around and B) I've seen them in person...

For a company like Weds to create a FAKE 3-piece wheel (especially in their high end Kranze line), would be an EMBARASSMENT. Japanese don't like been embarassed!

16 Hour flight in a few hours...see ya guys!
Old 04-20-01, 01:36 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

I thought gs4will mentioned a 3 piece wheel they made
but wasnt the cerebrus

Now all i need is to find another company that can import them

Erick G

Quick Reply: Weds Cerebrus (wait) or Zenetti Mystik (now)?