GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Vertex and Fabulous kit for white GS

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-04, 11:28 PM
chrisgs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertex and Fabulous kit for white GS

Hi

Please help chosing the kit. Should i go with full Vertex kit on Pearl White GS or Vertex front, side and Fabulous rear ? Do you think Fabulous rear would flow with Vertex side skirt? Does any one here have a pic of Vertex rear bumper? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Vertex and Fabulous kit for white GS-vertex-side-on-white.jpg  
Old 06-08-04, 11:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i always recommend same brand all around, so...
Old 06-09-04, 07:14 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Vertex and Fabulous kit for white GS

Originally posted by chrisgs
Hi

Please help chosing the kit. Should i go with full Vertex kit on Pearl White GS or Vertex front, side and Fabulous rear ? Do you think Fabulous rear would flow with Vertex side skirt? Does any one here have a pic of Vertex rear bumper? Thanks
what kit or pieces is on this car ???
Old 06-09-04, 07:15 AM
kirby122
Pole Position

rear shot:

Old 06-09-04, 02:44 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I gotta say that I think the sharp angle/lines in the rear bumper cover kinda go against the smoother, rounded lines of the car itself.

it's not hideous, and I've seen worse!, but, there are other kits that I think 'flow' better......at least on that rear shot.
Old 06-09-04, 03:53 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by ImportFAN
Only go with NON FIBERGLASS....you will thank me later.
Take advantage of the fact that poly urethane kits are made for the GS.
Old 06-09-04, 04:06 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

I use a FRP kit and the car is driven more than 80 miles a day? It has held up now for over a year. Its been scraped, hit by countless rocks on the freeway, and the only wear it shows is rock chips. no cracks what so ever! Don't forget to mention my 8hr drives from San Diego to the Bay Area or from the Bay Area to Las Vegas?

Last edited by JunctionGS; 06-09-04 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-09-04, 04:16 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by JunctionGS
I use a FRP kit and the car is driven more than 80 miles a day? It has held up now for over a year. Its been scraped, hit by countless rocks on the freeway, and the only wear it shows is rock chips. no cracks what so ever! Don't forget to mention my 8hr drives from San Diego to the Bay Area or from the Bay Area to Las Vegas?
Ive got to say you have really good luck then. Im still so scared of gettin an Evolution FRP kit for my LS. Especially since my other family members drive the car sometimes. You wont believe how much curb rash Im getting on my rims from my sister or mom hitting the curb trying to parallel park. I guess if i got a FRP kit I just wouldnt let anyone else drive it.
Old 06-09-04, 04:42 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by LeXuSrAcIn
Ive got to say you have really good luck then. Im still so scared of gettin an Evolution FRP kit for my LS. Especially since my other family members drive the car sometimes. You wont believe how much curb rash Im getting on my rims from my sister or mom hitting the curb trying to parallel park. I guess if i got a FRP kit I just wouldnt let anyone else drive it.
I can't really say its luck. I mean, I have had many other cars b4 with poly bumpers or fiberglass or FRP. Most of my kits never really had a problem with it unless my dumbass actually hits something that will break ANYTHING. Its pretty much how I drive. As for curb rash? I just am extremely careful when I have to parallel park. I usually avoid it at all costs.
Old 06-09-04, 05:00 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by kirby122
rear shot:

anyone know where you can pick up the vertex kit? or how much its gonna cost? junctiongs whats up with the hook up on the trd lip kit. im gonna need the whole kit now. i cant get a hold of tlex. hit me up

Last edited by antbo; 06-09-04 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-09-04, 06:45 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Vertex Kit is $2250 delivered. The North American distributor is Speed Alliance - www.speedalliance.com. Dealers are Wholesale Hyperperformance, CIP Motorsports, and Haevy Throttle Performance. Check out www.vertexaerokits.com. Maybe you can do better on the price. Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails Vertex and Fabulous kit for white GS-vertex-front.jpg  
Old 06-09-04, 06:54 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Another shot of Vertex rear.
Attached Thumbnails Vertex and Fabulous kit for white GS-vertex-rear.jpg  
Old 06-09-04, 08:21 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Vertex rear looks very similar to the fabulous rear. Either way, they both look a lil too funky and sharp-edged for me. Doesn't flow well with the rounded lines of the GS.

Just my 2 pretty pennies....
Old 06-09-04, 09:25 PM
BLu_Gs3
Driver

SOMEONE POST A PIC OF THE FAB KIT PLEASE . . AND ALSO, A SITE THAT SELLS IT? I WANNA LOOK INTO IT A LIL MORE! THANKS!
Old 06-09-04, 11:06 PM
chrisgs
Driver

Yeah, i agreed. the rear bumper is too sharp for the car itself. I like the front and side of Vertex but not the rear. i am looking for the rear that flow with the side of Vertex. How about this Wald? Anyone here know others?
Attached Thumbnails Vertex and Fabulous kit for white GS-wald-rear-add-on-with-jp-spoiler.jpg  

Quick Reply: Vertex and Fabulous kit for white GS