GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

TED920 PICS from SEMA IAS -AC, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-04, 01:38 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys .. Riddle me this..
Is the car moving... or wait.. are just the wheels spinning (intense horror film music)

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW

J
Old 05-27-04, 02:01 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 262 Likes on 152 Posts

Your car looks absolutely awesome Ted!! Congratulations!!!!
Old 05-27-04, 02:01 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JunctionGS
ted, the car looks good man... congrats on the win... good representation for International All Stars...

junctiongs, this is off the topic, but are you located in poway also? i saw that address on the bottom of your pic.
Old 05-27-04, 03:03 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Nice wheels Ted, those are SL55 or SL15?

Either way nice choice
Old 05-27-04, 03:06 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ted....that looks awesome bro....why you only posting pics now? You holdin out on us? LOL!!!

More pics please....

Pete
Old 05-27-04, 03:19 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by antbo
junctiongs, this is off the topic, but are you located in poway also? i saw that address on the bottom of your pic.
I believe that is where the new US JP office is.
Old 05-27-04, 03:30 PM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

nice ride. i can't believe you left with 2nd place, you should have gotten 1st! there weren't that many gs at the sema show. one car that caught my attention was dj skribble's gs. i was dissappointed on how it had an MB theme going with the side mirror blinkers and MB grille, c'mon it's a LEXUS for cyring out loud! the interior mods were tasteful and thank god the louis vuitton trim didn't get past the trunk!
Old 05-27-04, 04:02 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by FLiP Sp33d
nice ride. i can't believe you left with 2nd place, you should have gotten 1st! there weren't that many gs at the sema show. one car that caught my attention was dj skribble's gs. i was dissappointed on how it had an MB theme going with the side mirror blinkers and MB grille, c'mon it's a LEXUS for cyring out loud! the interior mods were tasteful and thank god the louis vuitton trim didn't get past the trunk!

This was DJ Scribbles car? Its kinda ugly. Needs new wheels and a drop

Old 05-27-04, 04:22 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats Ted, get some more pics up from different angles u can't really c the wheels well, uh man i would have paid 2 c his face when u and others won and he didn't...
Old 05-27-04, 04:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally posted by GammaLex
This was DJ Scribbles car? Its kinda ugly. Needs new wheels and a drop

and what's up with the hood....
Old 05-27-04, 04:49 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by rominl
and what's up with the hood....
Looks like a Veilside hood with pics/flyers in the scoop.
Old 05-27-04, 05:37 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by FLiP Sp33d
i was dissappointed on how it had an MB theme going with the side mirror blinkers and MB grille, c'mon it's a LEXUS for cyring out loud!
Dude...he went for the Japan VIP-Style look....which entails some MB style accents....like the grill and side mirror blinkers. I must admit...his drop could be much lower, and he missing that huge negative camber to complete that look.

Hey....at least he didn't mount an MB emblem on there. LOL!!!

Oh...and lastly...that hood !!! I never thought I would live to see the day that a US GS owner would put that on their car.....looks similar to this....

Last edited by PHML; 05-27-04 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-27-04, 08:20 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Wow, thanks for the compliments guys. It was great meeting some cool CL members and talking shop.

As far as the wheels are concerned, they are indeed Symbolic Wheels (www.symbolicwheels.com) 20X8.5 and 20X9.5 triple chrome forged three piece wheels.

As many of you know, I have been waiting on these wheels for sometime and I got them just before the show b/c we had an agreement that I would rep them at SEMA. I am very happy with them, they look luxurious yet sporty at tghe same time. 2.5 " lip in front and little over 3" in the back. I wish rear lip was bigger but whatever. I went with 40 offset on both. that probably explains the the somewhat small rear lip. I could've gone 20X10 in rear but Hankook, which supplied me with tires, only makes 275/35/20 tires which is too big so I have 255/35/20 in the rear.

Off topic, I met the Hankook guys at the show and spent some time in their booth and all I can say is they are truly great guys and the produxct is top of the line. This is a company thats really on the move. Big things comin' boys.

As far as more pics are concerned, I took about 200+ pics with my friend's digital camera and he'll burn a disk for me and I 'll post a bunch of pics for you all. I took photos of everyhting at every angle and up close. You might even see my mug with some real hotties.

PS: I just signed a deal with Faze Gauges and they sent their model, Flo Jalin, over to the car for a couple of photos. I'll post those as well.

I'm travling in Chicago this week so thats why I have been a bit delayed in responding. Thanks a bunch fellas.

Peace,

Ted
Old 05-27-04, 08:26 PM
ted920
Lexus Champion

FYI fellas, the girl in pic # 2 in the black outfit is also a member of the International All Stars from Atlanta and she is a real mover in the import scene. While you may not recognize her, you have all probaly seen her in a nationwide ad campaign with Polk Audio. At the time she had a blue honda civic and it showed her standing beside her car and a bunch of her friends with her. She is totally sponsored by Polk and has a bunch of other deals as well. She just got a new Honda and its already been on cover of a major Car Audio magazine. Also, she damn hot as well. A reaL FIRECRACKER.

Ted
Old 05-27-04, 08:52 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by PHML
[B]Oh...and lastly...that hood !!! I never thought I would live to see the day that a US GS owner would put that on their car.....looks similar to this....
I don't know Pete. Either I'm giving him too much credit or you too little but I think he has the full Veilside KI kit including the hood.

Quick Reply: TED920 PICS from SEMA IAS -AC, NJ