GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New pics of the car, SLAMMED VIP style....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-03, 08:40 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DGOT20s
hate to admit, but I have the same problem, I think girlfriend will do just FINE for a few more years! LOL
Hahaha no doubt, no doubt, if my gf ever saw my last post........
Old 12-09-03, 09:31 AM
ikankoi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holymamaaa...

HOLLYYYY COWWWWWWWWW... SWEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRIDEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

damn man, i wish i had the previledge to take vacation back to jakarta (stuck here with H1 crap)...

btw, how about the camber issue? is there any solution back home there or you just have to live with it like the rest of us here? i remember back in the college days (im trisakti alumni) when we lowered our car, we always brought it to 'ceper baru' near PI Mall / gandaria (wonder if they still exist?) and they are always know how to correct cambers.... or maybe back then we were just too dumb to care eh..LOL
Old 12-09-03, 10:28 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Hahahha you guys crack me up.

Aristor - You do know that I am not one to leave anything stock don't you? I have something up my sleeve bodykit wise...just you wait.

I am shopping around too, trying to wait for a good deal to come up.
Seeing the new toys you have on the car I wanted to do some more performance stuff , what should I DO ??? I hate you I hate you
Old 12-09-03, 06:25 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Default Re: holymamaaa...

Originally posted by ikankoi
HOLLYYYY COWWWWWWWWW... SWEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRIDEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

damn man, i wish i had the previledge to take vacation back to jakarta (stuck here with H1 crap)...

btw, how about the camber issue? is there any solution back home there or you just have to live with it like the rest of us here? i remember back in the college days (im trisakti alumni) when we lowered our car, we always brought it to 'ceper baru' near PI Mall / gandaria (wonder if they still exist?) and they are always know how to correct cambers.... or maybe back then we were just too dumb to care eh..LOL

Hahhaha Ikankoi. I know the shop that you were talking about but that place is way too far from where I live (Ancol/Mangga Dua area). I trust my car whole-heartedly to Permaisuri in Mahakam and they did a whole install. There's some serious negative camber issue, but that's something that can't be helped. The shop you mentioned make custom camber kits to correct the issue, but really, with all this custom hackjob that some of our local shops are famous for, you would be "waking the sleeping tiger" so to speak. Maybe you will correct your camber issue, but a lot of other issues may come up - highway speed vibrations, uneven or unbalanced wheels, etc....

Aristor - seriously, if you want some serious good deals, I suggest you contact Alex (HKGS300) in Hongkong. I tell you this guy has some serious good nose to smell out the best deals in the country.
Old 12-10-03, 09:33 AM
jucee187
Lead Lap

INDOs representin!!!! =)

hey where do you live? jakarta? hows the prices there for parts?
Old 12-11-03, 12:39 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by jucee187
INDOs representin!!!! =)

hey where do you live? jakarta? hows the prices there for parts?
yep, Jakarta. No parts for the aristo here. The car itself is so rare, nobody stocks anything for my car. I have to get all the parts for this car in Hongkong or Singapore.
Old 12-11-03, 12:43 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

have you raised it back up yet or still loving the slammed look?
Old 12-11-03, 02:05 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by NoRyceGS4
have you raised it back up yet or still loving the slammed look?
hellz naw, I just quit going to places where I think I might be scraping the downpipe....I am a slave to my car I know...
Old 12-11-03, 02:15 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hellz naw, I just quit going to places where I think I might be scraping the downpipe....I am a slave to my car I know...
Even for those of us who are not as low know exactly how you feel.
Old 12-11-03, 04:16 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

I feel u man. after the body-kit y you gonna have to drive re-route to get to places. So have you dyno your car yet??? I am gonna go on a dyno soon b4 any new mods, I want to know what numbers I have first.

Last edited by Aristor; 12-11-03 at 04:19 AM.
Old 12-11-03, 07:44 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Aristor
I feel u man. after the body-kit y you gonna have to drive re-route to get to places. So have you dyno your car yet??? I am gonna go on a dyno soon b4 any new mods, I want to know what numbers I have first.

As soon as I put everything on, the dyno is the first order of business. I tried the tiptronic today at the red light, put it down to L and punch the gas on green. I was scared *****less by how much power this thing has before all the mods that are going on it. I can't hardly wait!!
Old 12-11-03, 09:27 AM
Aristor
Lead Lap

with the mods you have try having the TRC off, the tire will slip a bit when you change to second. is fun try it sometime , 1st to the end of 2nd should go up to 120 atlease.
Old 12-11-03, 11:12 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

That's what I'm talkin' about. <head nodding>

Anybody from the Bay Area/SF (or any place with steep hills) ever look at a hill and think..."Hmmm....We're gonna have to find another way to get over there!" ?

Last edited by TwentyTen; 12-11-03 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-11-03, 11:15 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

LOL Slaves indeed.
Old 12-11-03, 06:56 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Really, I wouldn't have it any other way. (The oh-my-car-is-so-slammed-how-do-i-get-over-this hill look)

I'd do the 1st gear to 2nd gear thingie, except we always run out of road so quick and it's kinda dangerous to do this kinda stunt in Jakarta. You never know if a guy on a bicycle or a bike suddenly slips up next to you while you are trying to loose your tailend.

Just the other day a dude on a bicycle ran right onto my rear left quarter panel while my car was STATIONARY! I mean I was sitting there waiting for the light and all i heard was slam, crunch and a dude who fell off his bike. I was like, what the hell!??! I went out to check the damage and all I saw was a bent gas cap with a 4-in long gash. Thank goodness. I'd hate to think I have to fix and repaint the whole rear quarter panel.

Quick Reply: New pics of the car, SLAMMED VIP style....