GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Rebuilt rear window tracks with motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-17, 07:32 PM
lildann
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Rebuilt rear window tracks with motor

I'm not sure if any of you have delt with this yet. On a trip to the store, my daughter rolled down her window and it wouldn't roll back up. After getting it rigged up and sealed with painters tape till I could find a reasonable priced solution, I thought I was good to go. (My dealer quoted me over $700 just for the part) The next day, I rolled down the other rear window and it too stuck down. These window regulators are the cable type so I had a very hard time finding replacements. Most places told me that it was a dealer only part. I wasn't about to spend $1400 on window regulators and wasn't happy with the idea of buying used ones off of eBay for $100 each fearing that they would do the same thing that my current ones did. Luckily, while on eBay, I found a service that would rebuild my current ones and give them a lifetime warranty. The company was called Window Motor World in Palm Coast, Florida. I called them on the phone and they told me that they would replace the broken parts and re-string the regulator and replace the gears in the motor. After that they would back their work with a lifetime warranty. The best part was that it was $112.50 per side. I sent them both rear window regulators USPS property mail. They got them rebuilt and back to me in about 3 days. After installation, I did have a problem with the pass rear. I sent them a video of the problem and they told me to send it back to them for inspection. They told me that one of the clips had broken and they fixed it and sent it back to me. Now everything is working great. I highly recommend them to anyone that has this problem.

My rebuilt regulators arrived.
Freshly rebuilt.
I thought this was a great deal.
Old 05-15-17, 12:26 PM
N1T3MARE
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This is good to know! Thanks and congrats on getting yours fixed up relatively quickly and cheap.
Old 05-15-17, 12:59 PM
ClarkKent
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post and thanks for the info! Seems like this guy did the same thing. With the same invoice! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...1994-gs-3.html Oh wait that was you! So they did all four. Are you still selling the car?

Last edited by ClarkKent; 05-15-17 at 01:01 PM. Reason: editing
Old 05-15-17, 07:19 PM
lildann
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ClarkKent
Great post and thanks for the info! Seems like this guy did the same thing. With the same invoice! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...1994-gs-3.html Oh wait that was you! So they did all four. Are you still selling the car?
No. They only did the rear two. I had it on the for sale post just to show something else I did. And I think we are still going to sell it. My wife is up for district manager. If she gets it, they give her a car to drive. No need to have 5 cars. Although part of me wants to keep it and mod it.

Last edited by lildann; 05-15-17 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Finish