GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

what exhaust you guys got?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 09:36 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnjohn13
I had the now discontinued Blitz exhaust. It was loud as heck even after I added a resonator. Now I'm back to stock exhaust! Probably will just change the tips.
yeah i've heard the blitz's are LOUD AS HELL. thats why i never got it.

Here's a thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...estige+exhaust

lots of good information even though the posters are arguing amongst themselves lol. Everyone should check this out to get an idea on what to search for in regards to many of the 1GS aftermarket parts.
Old 03-20-08, 10:32 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
yeah i've heard the blitz's are LOUD AS HELL. thats why i never got it.

Here's a thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...estige+exhaust

lots of good information even though the posters are arguing amongst themselves lol. Everyone should check this out to get an idea on what to search for in regards to many of the 1GS aftermarket parts.
cool, thanks
Old 03-20-08, 10:46 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

they are good sites, most are down but the thing i have a problem with is finding the pricing on them. the website layouts confuse me, and most are in japanese.

most of these exhausts are realllly expensive. i like the aimgain one, but i cant find the price on it.

is this the price? JZS147/UZS143(左右出し) JZS147/UZS143 (right and left out) \115,500 \ 115,500 and if it is what currency is that? and wat would that be in usd?

man searching for a good cheap exhaust is hard for this car.
Old 03-20-08, 12:32 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

I have my custom exhaust. I have some free time tonight, Ill get one of my friends to help me make a vid and I take a couple pics for you. It sounds good, but its got a little drone inside.
Old 03-20-08, 01:13 PM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

man searching for a good cheap exhaust is hard for this car.
When it comes to after market parts for the GS you get what u pay for...
Old 03-20-08, 01:18 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

yea true, i guess ill just do custom larger piping and maybe a blitz universal exhaust or that aimgain if i can find the price for it....everyone says the only way to get more power out of these cars is with a turbo....so would it matter if the exhaust was catback or not?
Old 03-20-08, 01:23 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

In the long run it will matter, if you want to get more power, a little bigger exhaust will help, I think the stock midpipe is like 2.5". I put a 3" pipe in there, and then from the cat back I put 2.5" piping. Some people say its a myth that the bigger the better, but I dont know, better safe than sorry. Really with exhaust, its more about flow and the curves and what not are actually what matter.
Old 03-20-08, 01:38 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Abear
In the long run it will matter, if you want to get more power, a little bigger exhaust will help, I think the stock midpipe is like 2.5". I put a 3" pipe in there, and then from the cat back I put 2.5" piping. Some people say its a myth that the bigger the better, but I dont know, better safe than sorry. Really with exhaust, its more about flow and the curves and what not are actually what matter.
ohh i see, can you explain exactly what you did with your exhaust? and how much it cost? what muffler did u use too. sorry to make u go into detail, lol im just thinkin of goin custom instead of payin 1200 for an exhaust. probably a noob question, but can you explain what catback exactly is...and can you do custom one?

thanks
Old 03-20-08, 02:25 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yusef
ohh i see, can you explain exactly what you did with your exhaust? and how much it cost? what muffler did u use too. sorry to make u go into detail, lol im just thinkin of goin custom instead of payin 1200 for an exhaust. probably a noob question, but can you explain what catback exactly is...and can you do custom one?

thanks
Yeah, sure.
Ok, I have a full header back exhaust. Custom 3" midpipe from the header to a 3" to 2.5" y-pipe, after the y-pipe I have dual 2.5" piping that goes to 2 Magnaflow mufflers..I dont remember the part number though. Lets see, for all the custom work, it was like 450 I think, for the piping it was about 200 or so, and the mufflers were probably 200. So at around 850, it wasnt cheap, but it sounds good, and looks good, and other than the drone, I like it alot.

So as far as a catback goes, yes you can do a custom one, and a catback is exactly as it sounds, its an aftermarket system from your cars cat back. The cat being the catalytic converter. So, its pretty much the whole exhaust, except for the midpipe and header. Then you have the axleback, which is just changing the mufflers. Catback you change the piping after the cat, and the mufflers....I think...I could be wrong, but I think thats all you change.
Hopefully this helps, and if Im wrong, someone will step in and correct me Im sure.
Old 03-20-08, 04:51 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

yes ty abear that helped alot. if i cant find a exhaust for cheaper then 1200 then ill do a setup almost like yours. thanks!
Old 03-20-08, 08:36 PM
Temptation
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a picture of my custom exhaust, nothing fancy but I like it !

Old 03-20-08, 09:05 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

^^ i like it too, its not overdone. looks very classy and clean. flows very nice with the white.

damn, so many choices.
Old 03-20-08, 09:30 PM
Temptation
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's another view from the side:

Old 03-20-08, 11:44 PM
butcher
Driver

^^ thats nice..

what mufflers are those?!
Old 03-21-08, 07:48 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Here is an old pic that I have which somewhat shows my magnaflow oval mufflers with magnaflow 5" chrome double walled tips.

Last edited by Wald GS; 03-21-08 at 07:53 AM.

Quick Reply: what exhaust you guys got?