GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Cabin air filter info

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-06, 04:14 PM
JonCAGS300
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Cabin air filter info

I always thought that there is no cabin air filter for this generation, but there is. Apparently the the hardware is already in the firewall, it just needs the filter. There is a factory bulletin about cleaning the a/c. It includes info about an a/c filter, which is the same as a cabin air filter in this case. So, if you want a cabin air filter, it is easy to add one.
Old 10-06-06, 08:58 PM
BRAKATK
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to add a filter so that when someone in front of me in traffic is smoking, I don't smell it! How/where does it go?
Old 10-06-06, 10:19 PM
Lexus Boy
Lead Lap

i dunno if this helps or not but here ya go https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=a%2Fc+filter
Old 10-07-06, 12:12 PM
JonCAGS300
Driver

That thread sums up what my mechanic told me. He also said that the filter comes in two pieces. One goes horozontally and the other vertically. Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the installation, so I can't speak for sure. (The part cost $48.)

From the other thread: "First get underneath the dash (below the glovebox... you don't even have to open it to do this job) on the passenger side of the vehicle. There you will see a black plastic panel with a light in it. Gently pull it straight down from the front (the side closest the seat). It's held in by those snap in fittings, so it may take a lil effort. Just don't go ballistic on it cuz those things love to break. Once you pull it loose you just slide it out towards you. Then you will see two brass wing nuts on the bottomside of the big white box. Simply turn those (counterclockwise) to undo the filter opening. They might be a little tight... I had to use pliers cuz they were too tight for my delicate little fingers If your car didn't come with a filter I'd also suggest vacuuming out the opening. As soon as I got the cover off a grip of dirt and stuff fell out, so expect a bit of a mess."
Old 10-07-06, 12:47 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

This is very easy to do. Takes 15-20 mins tops. Works nice too, especially wit the AC on. When diesels like to step on it, u almost don't smell it, same wit cig smoke.
Old 01-22-07, 07:15 PM
YaYAReAGs3
Pole Position

what are the dimensions of the filter?
Old 01-22-07, 08:21 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

I believe people have built them before but i just don't see how that would be possible with the need to slide the filter over to fit the whole thing in???

Buy the filter, and then if you feel like you can replicate one after the recommended 12xxx miles, then you could do that.
Old 01-23-07, 01:27 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Default post dimension and instruction please

those that installed the a/c air filter, please post picture, dimension and instruction.

i would like to make one.

thanks

Last edited by GoldGS3; 01-23-07 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-23-07, 05:41 PM
YaYAReAGs3
Pole Position

its 7w x 8L
Old 01-24-07, 04:21 AM
pero
Driver School Candidate

does anyone have the part number for the filter. could someone post a picture of the original filter, that should have been installed at the factory? i took a look and my GS doesnt have the a/c filter installed.
thanks
Old 01-24-07, 10:04 AM
JonCAGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by pero
does anyone have the part number for the filter. could someone post a picture of the original filter, that should have been installed at the factory? i took a look and my GS doesnt have the a/c filter installed.
thanks
Apparently none of them came from the factory with the filters installed. It was probably some brilliant marketing campaign to make the LS better. Don't have the part number, but any dealer should have it.
Old 01-24-07, 12:43 PM
pero
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JonCAGS300
Apparently none of them came from the factory with the filters installed. It was probably some brilliant marketing campaign to make the LS better. Don't have the part number, but any dealer should have it.
well, I have a bit of a problem. I don`t live in the States, and Lexus cars are very rare here a Toyota dealer told me, that there is no a/c filter available for the 1995 GS model. that is why I would like to know, if the filter exists in the States, and if someone has a serial number for it.

thanks
Old 01-24-07, 01:19 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by YaYAReAGs3
its 7w x 8L
Thank you I shall try to make one out from a HomeDepot hepa filter.

I tried Longo Lexus yesterday for a/c filter for my 94 GS. They don't have it, and person at the parts said that Lexus don't make it.

I remember reading somewhere in First Gen forum a while back that someone bought Blitz reusable a/c filter.

For those interested in a/c filter should search for Blitz cabin or a/c filter.

GL.
Old 01-24-07, 01:32 PM
pero
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vipguy
you just buy the part by the part number.
ask for a 94 GS300 cabin filter.
ran me like 60 bucks? or something.

it comes with 2 filters and instructions inside the box.
its super easy.
u just undo 2 wingnuts and pop the cap down and u slide the filters on up.
its a 5 mins installation
vipguy could you take a picture of your filter and post it here?

Thanks
Old 01-24-07, 03:16 PM
JonCAGS300
Driver

Default Need part number

Originally Posted by pero
well, I have a bit of a problem. I don`t live in the States, and Lexus cars are very rare here a Toyota dealer told me, that there is no a/c filter available for the 1995 GS model. that is why I would like to know, if the filter exists in the States, and if someone has a serial number for it.

thanks
I just called my local dealer to get the part number for you, but they won't give it to me over the phone. Weird.

Can someone else try to get this guy the part number? A reminder: it comes in two pieces.

Quick Reply: Cabin air filter info