Aristo94
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! can you say bad A$$
Old 12-03-05, 10:03 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you can use it without the GTE ECU. I would just hardwire the pressure increase solenoid, other than that, it operates the same as the GE tranny with the changing of the polarity on No. 3.
Old 12-03-05, 10:11 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, do you use the nitrous when you drift?
Old 12-04-05, 12:07 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
you can use it without the GTE ECU. I would just hardwire the pressure increase solenoid, other than that, it operates the same as the GE tranny with the changing of the polarity on No. 3.
Hmm.. now you tell me. I am in the middle of the GTE swap at the moment b/c I didnt think the JDM tranny would work at all with the USDM ecu. I didnt understand that PM I got from you about that. It's okay, I was going to start it in a few days anyway, I just got an unintentional head start.

Yes, I have drifted on nitrous before. In fact it was the reason that I chose to revise my power goals. I was shooting for 400-450rwhp previously, but the runs I drifted with the nitrous, making only 280 were amazing. It was even still with a stock open diff, and with that amount of power the car did exactly what I wanted it to. Keep in mind that was 100hp more than I was used to, but it made me realize that at a low power level on a heavy car I'm fighting the car, forcing it more than just driving it. My new power goals are a very attainable 350rwhp. In fact in order to stay at that level, I'll probably have to reign in the K26s a bit. Running .4 bar springs in the 2 tial wastegates.. should be about 12 psi into the engine and just about 300rwhp to start with. Good thing is, at a low power level such as 350, I should be able to use a w58 5 speed for the time being.
Old 12-04-05, 12:23 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Default update pics.. this should help me drift :)

continued
Old 12-04-05, 12:30 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Default a few more pics of todays work

notice the clean engine bay..pressure washed.

Damn ABS pump is the devil..screwing with my routing. It is gone tomorrow.

Thats it for today kids.. ABS delete tomorrow will free up space for charge pipe routing the way I want it to be and give me back the ability to trail brake deeper into the turns. more to come, prob no more pics til monday though. Thanks to Derek (my partner at Epik, Doriftwolf on here.. for processing these) !!
Old 12-06-05, 12:13 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Default more pics..GTE install and turbo fab

let me start with this.. ABS is gone and a ton of space is available..

but not for long..due to this.

2 blowoff valves for double barreled fun!

I built the rest of the charge hot pipes, and the intakes tonight, but the pics arent processed yet. More tomorrow.

Stay tuned!
Old 12-06-05, 12:25 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

I also built a new front bumper support since I tossed the old one a while back. I made 3/8" steel plates that bolt to the old bumper support holes in the front of each frame rail and then welded a bar across. It does double duty as an intercooler mount too, and I have the stability back in my front end now. You should never just remove the front bumper support on a car.. you lose the frame boxing that way...trust me, I had the understeer to prove my point.

Almost there.. doing the downpipes and the cold charge pipe tomorrow night, my gasket rebuild kit comes in tomorrow too.
Old 12-06-05, 01:09 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Looks great! PM sent.
Old 12-07-05, 04:23 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This car was for sale on Yahoo Japan Auctions a while back:
Old 12-07-05, 07:43 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

SWEET! Anyone with any more footage of drifting 1st gens..pics or vid?? There was a clip of an option vid with a black 1st gen at one time.. Gompka I think you had it.. can anyone repost?
Old 12-07-05, 07:51 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Default more pics

downpipes are done..

hot side chargepipes are done

gasket kit still hasnt arrived.. apparently the UPS truck broke down monday night in Louisville, KY.... just my luck.
Old 12-07-05, 07:58 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Default Intake pics

almost forgot this one too..

Old 12-07-05, 08:50 AM
Irish Lex
Driver School Candidate

how ya epik ,

Wicked pics and nice car!!!!!!!! I'm thinking of entering my 94 gs300 in drifting comps over here in ireland . Its only a ge model tho with stock auto box in it, is yours gte with a standard box and standered welded diff?
Old 12-07-05, 09:03 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Irish Lex
how ya epik ,

Wicked pics and nice car!!!!!!!! I'm thinking of entering my 94 gs300 in drifting comps over here in ireland . Its only a ge model tho with stock auto box in it, is yours gte with a standard box and standered welded diff?
Hey Irish.. welcome to the forum. My GS is a 93 with the stock engine and auto trans until a week ago. I have owned it since April '04 and drifted it since then on the mainly stock parts.

If you are planning to drift.. get an LSD, suspension, and the TT supra front brakes are a good idea too.. heavy car needs big brakes. Be aware that with a low power level thru the auto it will take a beating. Much easier to swap in some power in the form of a single turbo on the NA motor.. believe it or not, a nice 300whp setup will beat on the car less than drifting NA and manual shifting the auto trans like I did to stay in the power band.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: 1st gen drifting..requested vid/pics