Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Introduction/project pics - Turbo LS1 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-13, 11:35 AM
guardrail
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction/project pics - Turbo LS1 SC300

After being a member for just over 7 years I suppose it's time to get my post count higher than 2 .

About a year ago I sold my MKIV Supra in search for the next car to build. It was an auto and I knew the next thing I got had to be a stick. A friend of mine built an SC while I had the Supe with an LSx motor and eventually turbo'd it. I liked the setup a lot and wanted to build something similar but on a Supra platform. After looking and looking and not finding a clean shell that fit my budget I decided to give him an offer on his car with the intent to put my touch on it, firstly dropping the 4L80E and putting in a much more fun T56. I also plan to swap to a black interior (already started as you'll see); run Brembo 8/4 piston brakes front/rear (have these on my AMG and they are phenomenal) and switch to a set of CCW classics over the wheels that are on the car as it is. Unfortunately due to slight oversight on latching the hood while performing a test/tune run, I'll also be repainting/replacing the hood, perhaps a carbon fiber one if I can find it cheap enough.

The motor is a 4.8 bottom end, new bearings, rings, studs, etc. Turbo cam and upgraded valvetrain. It's mated to a Tick T-56 with a Textralia clutch and custom one piece driveshaft. The precision turbo feeds through a 4 row knock off intercooler with Tial wastegate and BOV. The fuel system is setup for E85 with twin in take pumps. Currently we're tuning for 93 and will eventually setup a flip switch for E85/93 tunes. Hoping to see 600+ on E85.

Enough of the back story, the weather was pristine this morning so I washed her up and cruised around a bit. Here are some pics of the old girl.

Swapped to a grey headliner this weekend and redyed the rear panels. The rear seat was not too pretty so redyed it too temporarily until I can find some seats to drop in.

I stay pretty busy but I'll try and get by one of the cars and coffee meets soon. If you see me around say hi!
Old 11-24-13, 12:41 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

impressive installation, nicely done man
Old 11-24-13, 04:02 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Looking nice hope to see next year
Old 11-24-13, 04:46 PM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice... looking forward to more post
Old 11-26-13, 08:56 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pretty sure I sold you that hood! lol, nice to finally see the car. Nice build too!
Old 11-27-13, 07:04 AM
guardrail
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by usoff89
I pretty sure I sold you that hood! lol, nice to finally see the car. Nice build too!
Yup! It's getting put to good use . Thanks for all the compliments!
Old 11-27-13, 11:23 AM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will be sick nice intro!

Now start a build thread and draw the rest of the world in on this beast
Old 11-27-13, 01:34 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, you defiantly need to start a thread over in the SC forum. The guys over there will get all hot and bothered over this! lol
Old 12-01-13, 02:50 PM
guardrail
Driver School Candidate

Maybe I'll put something together once I get it a little further along that shows beginning to end build pics. Today's addition will probably just **** them off more

Didn't get much done this weekend (did put a about 100 miles on it with this lovely cold weather!) but did get progress done on the interior. I went to the Turkey Run on a mission to figure out what kind of seats I intend to run. They needed to be full power, black leather and have a decent bolster/comfortable frame. After falling in love with a set of C6 Z06 seats I figured out pretty quick they wouldn't work with a $2k price tag. Ended up settling for a set out of an '06 GTO, seems to match the Frankenstein type of build I got going .

I was able to mock up the passenger seat today. The front mounts needed only minor modding to work, the rears I cut off and drilled the original SC mounts off the track and mocked them to the GTO frames. They fit great! Let me know what you think, hopefully I can wrap up both this coming week/weekend and can get my hands on some more black parts.

Rear GTO mounts:

Rear with SC mounts:

The installed look:

My son big pimpin', lol:

Last edited by guardrail; 12-01-13 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-01-13, 08:00 PM
polozlx
Driver School Candidate

Very nice.
Old 12-02-13, 04:24 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

The seats look great in there. They will blend nicely with the motor. Haha.

I was down at the turkey run also. Picked up a radio flyer wagon that I'm going to put an air suspension on for my daughter.
Old 12-02-13, 06:12 PM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What part of Florida are you at?
Old 12-02-13, 08:01 PM
guardrail
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AtlasLS400
What part of Florida are you at?
I'm in Jax.

Originally Posted by usoff89
The seats look great in there. They will blend nicely with the motor. Haha.

I was down at the turkey run also. Picked up a radio flyer wagon that I'm going to put an air suspension on for my daughter.
Yea I thought it was fitting, had to put some more GM tidbits in there.

I got both seats fully installed, still need to figure out the seat belt light and come up with something to hold the belt clip receiver (with the PUSH to release button)upright, I'll probably throw a few plastic bushings on them to keep them from falling down, the bolt for the GTO was much longer so there is a lot of play. Mounts came out pretty good for some after dinner welding . Was even able to tweak the tune a little more and draw back some of the fuel in the peak enrichment tables, I was seeing 8-9.5 AFR's when under boost. Have it up to about 11.5 now. Can't wait to be able to slide the timing up and feel a lot of the lag go away but probably won't do that until I break the motor in a little longer. (I should admit that my friend actually did this for me while I was doing the seats...but he's not here to defend himself so I'm taking the glory.

Enough of that talk, on to pics!

SC rear mounts welded on:

Belt receiver I was speaking of:

Bolted in and final product!

Old 12-03-13, 02:46 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Those gto seats are mad comfy! Sick build!
Old 12-08-13, 05:34 PM
guardrail
Driver School Candidate

got a little bit more done on the interior this weekend as well as some odds and ends on the engine bay.

Tor the door panels down and dyed them black. The driver's I'm not all that thrilled at how it came out so I'll probably go over it again soon.

Also shot the lower portion of the back seat. It looks good in the picture but the seat is in pretty bad shape. This is only temporary but at least it's not tan anymore!

Quick Reply: Introduction/project pics - Turbo LS1 SC300