Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

clublexus of past

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-12, 09:35 PM
sc2.5
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IndecentSC
f*** a dinner at a restaurant things get to complicate..you wanna go and have a nice friendly discussion. All of us knows we just need an empty parking lot, chairs, and coolers with ice and "water"..

I second this!
Old 09-08-12, 10:34 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

f*** a dinner at a restaurant things get to complicate..you wanna go and have a nice friendly discussion. All of us knows we just need an empty parking lot, chairs, and coolers with ice and "water"..
Now that's CLFL style for sure .. I third that ..
Old 09-09-12, 03:57 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Here Here!!
Old 09-09-12, 04:58 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For a real discussion, this is it. Long as there is a shade tree!
Old 09-09-12, 05:03 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

guys , please lets stay the course .. a dinner out is different then the usual parking lot thing .. we can all sit down away from the cars and talk shop .. ..

i think i may have found a compromise then .. last night i took my wife to hang at a place right on the intracoastal at dania beach .. its called jimbo's sandbar .. its mainly outdoor seating right on the water , they have a parking lot right at the seating area .. i think its perfect and i could ask them to set up the tables up and block off front parking

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-09-12 at 05:07 AM.
Old 09-09-12, 06:08 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

that sounds like a plan Ed. if the area is nice and good view and food then let's all chatttttttttt it up...the 2ISCrew will def be there.
Old 09-09-12, 06:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

heres a link to jimbos , click on photos on their site and pay special attention to a few photos showing the seating area right on the intracoastal
btw , the seafood is outstanding and they make strong a$$ drinks and sell many different brands of beer
http://www.jimbossandbar.com/#!__photos

heres the section of the place which is on the other side away from the band itself . i could ask for this entire section for us and as you can see we can park right in front where we sit ( please excuse the crappy cell pic)

the gathering in a parking lot thing with coolers and shades is not bad but i really want to do something different as this was the foundation of what we once were ( im going back like 5+ years ) . we used to go and have dinner and conversations had little to do cars itself .. a roundtable type discussion is what im after .. and the backdrop is epic ..

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-09-12 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-09-12, 07:37 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Problem with a restaurant is if you have 50 people it is very difficult to have any sort of round table discussion as everybody will be divided up naturally.
Old 09-09-12, 07:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shaodome
Problem with a restaurant is if you have 50 people it is very difficult to have any sort of round table discussion as everybody will be divided up naturally.
not in this jordan , the establishment will have to agree to set up the tables my way and if you look at the photo i can see them setting up that entire section for us in a round table format ..

look when i did islamorada weekend thing , i got the resort on a weekend day completely rope off their entire parking lot for us . with enough numbers to the establishment most will work with me as they see a large block of diners which to them equals $$$$$$$.. i am aslo asking them to automatically give us a 10-15% discount off our group bill
Old 09-09-12, 08:03 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

members , this is where the brotherhood was forged .this is where and how it all came together (thx adrian )

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...ember-7-a.html

and because of the attention the above show gathered , bmw , porsche , mercedes benz and nissan clubs asked to have a crossclub meet and greet , they saw the dedicated togetherness and embraced us with open arms

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...pril-17-a.html

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-09-12 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-09-12, 08:03 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fourth this

Originally Posted by lexforlife
not in this jordan , the establishment will have to agree to set up the tables my way and if you look at the photo i can see them setting up that entire section for us in a round table format ..

look when i did islamorada weekend thing , i got the resort on a weekend day completely rope off their entire parking lot for us . with enough numbers to the establishment most will work with me as they see a large block of diners which to them equals $$$$$$$.. i am aslo asking them to automatically give us a 10-15% discount off our group bill
I've been to Jimbo's Its a great restaurant next to the inter coastal with good food

Last edited by DINH300; 09-09-12 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-09-12, 08:06 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
members , this is where the brotherhood was forged .this is where and how it all came together (thx adrian )

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...ember-7-a.html
Those were the good days, but 2/3s of the guys aren't around anymore they have moved on
Old 09-09-12, 08:13 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

not true dihn , last night where i was sitting parking can accomodate 30+ cars brotha ... you are thinking about the main entrance side .. i am talking about the left side lot as you can note in the picture ...

lets please stay the course and do this as a dinner sit down and not the a typical parking lot car looking discussions etc etc ..
Old 09-09-12, 08:14 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DINH300
Those were the good days, but 2/3s of the guys aren't around anymore they have moved on
agreed however upto about 3yrs ago a good amount was still in the mix and have since disbanded for various reasons
Old 09-09-12, 08:51 AM
03SPDESIGN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I'm in.....it's about time we get back to having a good time hanging together instead of trying to 'outdo' one another. Let's just enjoy our cars and each others passion about cars. Let me know when and where and I'll also try to round up some other Palm Beach members, although they might be complacent, may be too busy, now have a girlfriend, or worse yet 'they aren't going to anything John sets up... Will be good on that last one - we'll just blame it on Ed!
Yea........ Blame it on Ed! No let's just blame it on Anthony!

Quick Reply: clublexus of past