Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Question about a Tampa Bay area body shops

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-11, 07:23 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Question about a Tampa Bay area body shops

I as just wondering if anyone has any recent experience having repairs done at Autoway/Autonation collision center at Autoway Lincoln in Clearwater or at Lexus of Tampa Bay collision center. I have to choose one of the two to have my bumper repaired at. I used the Lexus of Tampa Bay one back in 2007 but it was under another name then and I have mixed feelings about that experience.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-11, 10:03 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it have to be between these two places only?
Old 02-01-11, 10:16 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

It is where we got the quotes, we wanted a certified bodyshop. So pretty much it is between these two because the shop in Orlando was really expensive. We live in Lakeland so it was a lot of driving around.
Old 02-01-11, 02:30 PM
p_r_i_m_o
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my navigator to Autoway Lincoln to have the bumper painted about a year or 2 ago after I was involved in an accident. My truck was black and they did a great job with the blending and i had zero issues with it right up to the day I got rid of it. I know the times aren't recent but hope it helps
Old 02-01-11, 03:24 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Thanks! I was leaning towards using them just because it is in a better location and seemed a little nicer.
Old 02-05-11, 03:09 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my buddy took his acura TL over to the lexus autoway shop on hillsborough, they did a good job.
Old 02-07-11, 06:36 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by robertrios
my buddy took his acura TL over to the lexus autoway shop on hillsborough, they did a good job.
Thanks! I think that is where we are taking it, it is the closest to where we live.
Old 02-07-11, 10:15 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gl let us know how it went!
Old 02-07-11, 10:27 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Thanks, I will post up before and after and let everyone know the details. It will be at least another week before the insurance part is taken care of so that we can proceed with getting it repaired.
Old 02-25-11, 03:06 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Default Just got my car back

Just got my car back today from Lexus Collision center on Hillsborough in Tampa. They did a great job, the paint is smooth and well blended. The only defect was a little bit of dust in the clear coat but it was only visible under the florescent lights at the clear bra installer. Also the total came in at less than their original estimate.

I am so glad to have my car back, enterprise gave me the filthiest piece of crap dodge avenger to drive. Really appreciating my car today.
Old 02-25-11, 09:02 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where do you do clear bra, tints etc in the tampa area? Looking for other options. Also do you do your tires at Lexus?
Old 02-25-11, 11:37 PM
cygator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where do you do clear bra, tints etc in the tampa area? Looking for other options. Also do you do your tires at Lexus?
Auto Safe and Sound on Hillsborough did the tint on my LX 470 and ES 350. Really nice guy and did good, quick work. I talked to a guy up on Nebraska that does clear bras on high end cars. He gave me a good quote but I haven't had it done yet. I have some rock chips in the soft ES paint that I need to get fixed first. When I replaced the tires on the 470 I ended up getting them at Olin Mott on Kennedy. I shopped and checked out Tire Rack, etc. But ended up with a better deal at Olin Mott. They were very helpful to deal with and even called a week later to get a Michelin rebate that just started.
Old 02-26-11, 02:24 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

The place on Nebraska that Cygator mentioned is Ryan at Auto Paint Guard, he is the only person I trust to do the clear bra. He has installed 3 for us and does an excellent job. He has a tint guy that shares his shop but I haven't used him, I probably will when I get a new car when my lease is up. I had my tires done at a local shop in Lakeland and they F'd up my rims so when I get the rears done it will be at Lexus.