Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Jan 3rd Mile Marker 1 event

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-09, 03:24 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very interestng calculations. I doubt these juiced up SC's can perform like the chart says without blowing up something.
Here's a deal. If anyone in an SC does 180 in a mile without breaking something, I'll give them 100 dollars. Heck, I'll give them 200.
Old 12-22-09, 05:36 AM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Very interestng calculations. I doubt these juiced up SC's can perform like the chart says without blowing up something.
Here's a deal. If anyone in an SC does 180 in a mile without breaking something, I'll give them 100 dollars. Heck, I'll give them 200.
Sir, you better have money on hand because you gonna get rape
Old 12-22-09, 05:43 AM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Reggie, that's a serious challenge! I hope you stop to the ATM on the way to the Mile run because I think you're in for a srprise if you think that no one can hit 180 mph on the mile...
Old 12-22-09, 06:02 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Proverbs 17:27
A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered.

This is going to get good!
Old 12-22-09, 07:04 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Wow Reggie, that's a serious challenge! I hope you stop to the ATM on the way to the Mile run because I think you're in for a srprise if you think that no one can hit 180 mph on the mile...
Without any damage to anything on the car???
I doubt it.
I know this ain't gonna work because people would have to be honest when a few days later something doesn't work normally.
Old 12-22-09, 07:50 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Without any damage to anything on the car???
I doubt it.
I know this ain't gonna work because people would have to be honest when a few days later something doesn't work normally.

I know you think this is funny Reggie and by all means your entitled to it.But the things you're saying to us are sacrilegious in our group .It's apparent to me you want one of us to break a spoiler or even worst blow a motor or radiator at 150 plus mph ..For what just so you can prove your point .Putting these car together is hard work and labor intensive .And not to speak of expensive as well even for the do it yourselfers. I know we unnecessarily push cars to their limits .I guess what I'm trying to say is we don't need a cheer leader on the sidelines cheering

(You will break you will blow yes you will that I know..YAH breakage)

So please man stop with this blasphemy. and just wish us well ..Again Reggie I know it's all fun and games but god for forbid if anything were to happen to anyone of us it wouldn't be funny anymore..

I got nothing but respect for you and your car .I ask the same in return..

Last edited by //LRD; 12-22-09 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-22-09, 09:24 AM
sc2.5
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by //LRD
Tomas what's up with your motor sir we need you to rep Cl. And at the same time hit your mark of 170..
Hey John,My guy at the machine shop call me today and told me
That the heads in good condition "Thank god i drove home and parked the car".He's checking that everythings to spec and told me that I should recieve
it tomorrow
If all goes good I should be running by this weekend
Old 12-22-09, 09:59 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sc2.5
Hey John,My guy at the machine shop call me today and told me
That the heads in good condition "Thank god i drove home and parked the car".He's checking that everythings to spec and told me that I should recieve
it tomorrow
If all goes good I should be running by this weekend
what motor did you go with ??
Old 12-22-09, 10:23 AM
sc2.5
Lead Lap

what motor did you go with ??
At this point in time (LOL).Since there was nothing wrong with my motor I stayed with the 1JZ
The motor has only 2500 miles since I put it together so why fix or replace something when it's not broken right?The only problem was that sh@ty machine shop I took it the first time didn't do there job right
but other than that its all good.
Old 12-22-09, 11:32 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sc2.5
At this point in time (LOL).Since there was nothing wrong with my motor I stayed with the 1JZ
The motor has only 2500 miles since I put it together so why fix or replace something when it's not broken right?The only problem was that sh@ty machine shop I took it the first time didn't do there job right
but other than that its all good.

Did I miss something ?? so your motor is good then ?? It was just the head ??
Old 12-22-09, 11:51 AM
sc2.5
Lead Lap

Did I miss something ?? so your motor is good then ?? It was just the head ??
It turns out the head was the cause of the compression drop.The valve seats was not properly pressed in the head from the previous machine shopBut everything else is in good condition
Old 12-22-09, 12:01 PM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by //lrd
i know you think this is funny reggie and by all means your entitled to it.but the things you're saying to us are sacrilegious in our group .it's apparent to me you want one of us to break a spoiler or even worst blow a motor or radiator at 150 plus mph ..for what just so you can prove your point .putting these car together is hard work and labor intensive .and not to speak of expensive as well even for the do it yourselfers. I know we unnecessarily push cars to their limits .i guess what i'm trying to say is we don't need a cheer leader on the sidelines cheering

(you will break you will blow yes you will that i know..yah breakage)

so please man stop with this blasphemy. And just wish us well ..again reggie i know it's all fun and games but god for forbid if anything were to happen to anyone of us it wouldn't be funny anymore..

i got nothing but respect for you and your car .i ask the same in return..

<< a.m.e.n >>
Old 12-22-09, 01:47 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you think this is funny Reggie and by all means your entitled to it.But the things you're saying to us are sacrilegious in our group .It's apparent to me you want one of us to break a spoiler or even worst blow a motor or radiator at 150 plus mph ..For what just so you can prove your point .Putting these car together is hard work and labor intensive .And not to speak of expensive as well even for the do it yourselfers. I know we unnecessarily push cars to their limits .I guess what I'm trying to say is we don't need a cheer leader on the sidelines cheering

So please man stop with this blasphemy. and just wish us well ..Again Reggie I know it's all fun and games but god for forbid if anything were to happen to anyone of us it wouldn't be funny anymore..

The truth....
Old 12-22-09, 03:55 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, you went deep and played the sympathy card on me.
Okay, I'll go with it.
No way I'd want anyone to get hurt and you know my crazy talk has nothing to do with this.
I joke like this for several reasons.
1. I don't stop anyone from doing their thing. I enjoy difference and preference. It makes the world go round. But when people criticize me for not wanting to boost a car that isn't engineered for it and always try to talk me into liking what they like, I get crazy with it. Especially when they keep breaking that un-engineered car proving my point. I love talking about your cars and seeing them but I get tired of peeps always saying, you should do this, you should get that....screw that. If I ever do boost it will be correct. Complete engine breakdown and re-engineering to support that new work. This is the culmination of years of people trying to tell me what to like.
Again, I do enjoy hearing about this stuff but don't act like you're doing a smart thing cause it ain't smart to spend big bucks on shortcuts....not imo. But do your thing man. I won't ever criticize you guys again cause no one will ever tell me I should get boost ever again. Deal! It's a passion. Passions go beyond rational thought. I understand that but be real about it. It's not smart. It's fun. But know this, I prefer NA power over boost. I ain't racing.

2. This got to this level because of a disagreement with Ed and a few others. We were at Towers and several people were on me. All saying I don't know what I'm talking about. There were a few people that knew my point was right but they stayed quiet and didn't support me. They told me later that they agreed with me but they didn't speak up. So it was me against the Boost gang. I enjoy a good fight. I can fight several people at once. I usually win too. I was just in mid run. I was not going to stop until someone submitted. Well, you have asked for an end of the debate and I will oblige. Hopefully, no one else will rekindle this debate. I never start a fight or debate but I'm known for ending them.

You know what, my other reasons don't matter and I won't write a book about it. The bottom line, I respect people and their choices. I never once criticized you guys until I got tired of being criticized for not wanting it and people continually trying to talk me into liking it. I wouldn't do that. To me, that is disrespectful. When people disrespect me, I retalliate.
I want to hear about your cars and engines and how you handled business when someone challenges you. That stuff is cool. I am still an enthusiast. It's the crap about what I should like that gets me. That's what high school kids do, not adults. I'm good!
Old 12-22-09, 10:08 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, you went deep and played the sympathy card on me.
Okay, I'll go with it.
No way I'd want anyone to get hurt and you know my crazy talk has nothing to do with this.
I joke like this for several reasons.
1. I don't stop anyone from doing their thing. I enjoy difference and preference. It makes the world go round. But when people criticize me for not wanting to boost a car that isn't engineered for it and always try to talk me into liking what they like, I get crazy with it. Especially when they keep breaking that un-engineered car proving my point. I love talking about your cars and seeing them but I get tired of peeps always saying, you should do this, you should get that....screw that. If I ever do boost it will be correct. Complete engine breakdown and re-engineering to support that new work. This is the culmination of years of people trying to tell me what to like.
Again, I do enjoy hearing about this stuff but don't act like you're doing a smart thing cause it ain't smart to spend big bucks on shortcuts....not imo. But do your thing man. I won't ever criticize you guys again cause no one will ever tell me I should get boost ever again. Deal! It's a passion. Passions go beyond rational thought. I understand that but be real about it. It's not smart. It's fun. But know this, I prefer NA power over boost. I ain't racing.

2. This got to this level because of a disagreement with Ed and a few others. We were at Towers and several people were on me. All saying I don't know what I'm talking about. There were a few people that knew my point was right but they stayed quiet and didn't support me. They told me later that they agreed with me but they didn't speak up. So it was me against the Boost gang. I enjoy a good fight. I can fight several people at once. I usually win too. I was just in mid run. I was not going to stop until someone submitted. Well, you have asked for an end of the debate and I will oblige. Hopefully, no one else will rekindle this debate. I never start a fight or debate but I'm known for ending them.

You know what, my other reasons don't matter and I won't write a book about it. The bottom line, I respect people and their choices. I never once criticized you guys until I got tired of being criticized for not wanting it and people continually trying to talk me into liking it. I wouldn't do that. To me, that is disrespectful. When people disrespect me, I retalliate.
I want to hear about your cars and engines and how you handled business when someone challenges you. That stuff is cool. I am still an enthusiast. It's the crap about what I should like that gets me. That's what high school kids do, not adults. I'm good!
Reggie, I understand what you are saying, However no one here is ill-wishful towards you. We do what we do for the same reasons you do what you do.
Please understand that your demeanor towards the boosted guys is judgmental, falling into the same category that makes you feel disrespected.
With all due respect, It's our hobby and we pay to play and we keep paying to play and that is duly noted. The last thing we desire is someone to be a "Debbie-downer" and blow up our car because that is not what it's engineered to do.

Quick Reply: Jan 3rd Mile Marker 1 event