Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-08, 02:08 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DINH300
I just spoke with NERO from Titan Motorsports and he said that, that is false and when they build a block they use the TT block and oil squirters even in there 6 sec cars.

People only use the NA block with TT internals because they are cheap and don't know how to use the oil squirter properly.

call him if you like
407 277 8423
so nero is god ,come now , loads of people do without them , boostlogic , tps, wotm etc etc .. nero is one to many others

now dont get me wrong having them is not bad and probably beneficial , i dont know for sure as i have not conducted any tests between the 2 however a easy way would be to hook up a oil temp and oil pressure guage to both blocks and see at what level if truly any does the squirters have any ill or positive effects on temps and press

another thought to throw in the mix is what is the max oil temp at high rpm and high boost , why in the world would you want to squirt hot oil onto hot pistons hence running a external oil cooler to me makes better sense, i guess kinda of like running car hard and shutting off right after with hot oil in the turbo = destruction

but for me if i could get a tt block cheap enough to do my build i would be since i am looking at 9:1:1 forged and heat treated pistons , either block is fine

Last edited by lexforlife; 11-25-08 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-25-08, 02:22 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
so nero is god ,come now , loads of people do without them , boostlogic , tps, wotm etc etc .. nero is one to many others
Actually I spoke with Marshall from TPS and he told me that the TT with the oil squirters are better then the NA block in many ways for higher horse applications. the oil squirter lubricate the walls which keeps the motor at low temp. again Na is just a cost efficient way of building a block

I also spoke to Zohair from BoostLogic and he told me that he would perfer to build a TT over a NA because the TT will last longer and make efficent numbers. he would not recommend anybody build a high horse power block for the street.
Old 11-25-08, 02:25 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

I couldn't reach WOTM so I can't say anything about what they said. but I'll call them tomorrow when I have time.
Old 11-25-08, 02:41 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

thats not what they told me sir for i too spoke when zohair and errol and ryan prior to building my car

now be sure and ask them if block becuase of tt pistons or block in itself

now as i illustrated above i dont have concrete eveidence to say with 100% authority if it matters but common sense tells me oil temp high squirting under hot pistons may not make for good mix

Last edited by lexforlife; 11-25-08 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-25-08, 02:50 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Okay so I have the pistons but not the head, so then what am I? A 1.5jz or maybe a 1.75jz?

I'm just kidding guys...
No sir that make you and Titan motorsport smart cookies.better flowing heads with a better built block........................
Old 11-25-08, 02:58 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

thats not what they told me sir for i too spoke when zohair and errol and ryan prior to building my car

now be sure and ask them if block becuase of tt pistons or block in itself

now as i illustrated above i dont have concrete eveidence to say with 100% authority if it matters but common sense tells me oil temp high squirting under hot pistons may not make for good mix
Oil squirter run threw out the hole entire revolution of the piston and the Oil is squirted up to keep it at a low temp. If your talking about the oil squirting when the block is only overheating that can cause major problems.

This is what Nero, Marshall , and Zohair all told me but in different ways. For a Road driven car it is recommended to run a TT block with a squirters because it Lubricates the Piston and rods. there for the block last longer and that is what a road car needs longevity.
Old 11-25-08, 03:06 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Oil squirter run threw out the hole entire revolution of the piston and the Oil is squirted up to keep it at a low temp. If your talking about the oil squirting when the block is only overheating that can cause major problems.

This is what Nero, Marshall , and Zohair all told me but in different ways. For a Road driven car it is recommended to run a TT block with a squirters because it Lubricates the Piston and rods. there for the block last longer and that is what a road car needs longevity.
din , have you even ever opened up a block and disassembled it

well just 2 weeks ago i did when we swapped out a bad block on coreys 1jz

the squirters are a nozzle located under the piston sir and squirts a bead of oil as piston is going up and down , itrs squirting the same oil thats running through eng so oil is hot squirting onto hot surface .. again i could be wrong but i agree with the road race scnerio , for i was told that as well when using in constant extremes squirters are necessary as well as external oil cooler
Old 11-25-08, 03:12 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by //LRD
No sir that make you and Titan motorsport smart cookies.better flowing heads with a better built block........................
my block will be when done next year by me
Old 11-25-08, 03:25 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

din , have you even ever opened up a block and disassembled it

well just 2 weeks ago i did when we swapped out a bad block on coreys 1jz

the squirters are a nozzle located under the piston sir and squirts a bead of oil as piston is going up and down , itrs squirting the same oil thats running through eng so oil is hot squirting onto hot surface .. again i could be wrong but i agree with the road race scnerio , for i was told that as well when using in constant extremes squirters are necessary as well as external oil cooler
The Piston and Rods are always going to be hotter then the Oil simply because the Moving parts conduct heat and the oil help the moving parts such as Piston, rings, rods, bearing stay at lower temperature. Over heating kills the block and as you go up in boost the engine get hotter and hotter so the more cooler the block is the more efficient you can make power.

people run oil coolers simply because it help aid in higher boost.
Old 11-25-08, 03:28 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my block will be when done next year by me
You go bad boy!!!! Hopefully you produce the big numbers that you hope to, then you can patent it and call it Lexforlife fully built racing block, guaranteed to produce a minimum of 600rwhp!!!
Old 11-25-08, 03:31 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Here is my list of parts and Modds that I will be doing.

1. Bigger injectors and rail
2. 2nd fuel pump
3. big feed and returns
4. pte 67 journal bearing
5. build the tranny
6. relocate the ECU
7. intake manifold
8. 3 roll intercooler with 3" intercooler piping
9. relocating the ABS pump and battery
10. STANDALONE

run the car on 18psi and if that don't work 6spd swap
Old 11-25-08, 03:34 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
You go bad boy!!!! Hopefully you produce the big numbers that you hope to, then you can patent it and call it Lexforlife fully built racing block, guaranteed to produce a minimum of 600rwhp!!!
that it shall for thats the intent in my coversations with errol at tps and brian from prolink they both concur that 9:1:1 is the best compromise when running a standalone seeing that i will never see higher the 25psi max

higher compression but still in safe zone , acl race bearings, 3 angle valve job on head , titanium valve springs and retainers and new guides and seals , slight very slight port job on head itself and maybe the aftermarket cmas to a 268 or maybe 272deg

biggest part of equation STANDALONE to be able to control it all and 600ish max is the goal meaning 560 -610 is the max i want out of the build but build will be for in the 900hp range so it will be able to take a everyday beating with hiccups

Last edited by lexforlife; 11-25-08 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-25-08, 03:36 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Here is my list of parts and Modds that I will be doing.

1. Bigger injectors and rail
2. 2nd fuel pump
3. big feed and returns
4. pte 67 journal bearing
5. build the tranny
6. relocate the ECU
7. intake manifold
8. 3 roll intercooler with 3" intercooler piping
9. relocating the ABS pump and battery
10. STANDALONE

run the car on 18psi and if that don't work 6spd swap
that should make you happy and car should be a beast in the 500 ish range with those mods guranteed providing eng is healthy
Old 11-25-08, 03:38 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

that should make you happy and car should be a beast in the 500 ish range with those mods guranteed providing eng is healthy
I hope so
Old 11-25-08, 04:31 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: Who Did You Blow Away Today Or Vice Versa