Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

JM/Club Lexus Meet (7-27-08) Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-08, 07:08 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD

The only question is for tony in what way is my car petty much like Ed's car please explain.
wayne pretty took it out of my mouth.. but now i have a goal for next year..is to join you guys on boost, auto couture kits, and some 20 &Swiss wheels....And Wayne you need to join us too..
Old 07-31-08, 07:09 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

id say wayne described it perfect....
Eds engine bay is nothing to look over..his engine is beautiful too...might not be as clean but its beautiful!
wish i could have seen the white car in person to form a better opinion.....seems like ed has a more complete car with brakes interior/stereo...
but that white sc is georgous too...i wish jose would have brought his out too
some one buy my SC please...lol
Jeff
Old 07-31-08, 07:45 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC300TURBO
id say wayne described it perfect....
Eds engine bay is nothing to look over..his engine is beautiful too...might not be as clean but its beautiful!
wish i could have seen the white car in person to form a better opinion.....seems like ed has a more complete car with brakes interior/stereo...
but that white sc is georgous too...i wish jose would have brought his out too
some one buy my SC please...lol
Jeff
I wish I knew about it when I was looking for a SC! Great pics Tony, I now have a new background!
Old 07-31-08, 08:30 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Discrediting My Build

[QUOTE=wayne;3722855]I'll answer this.

You both have nice SC's, you both have auto couture body kits!

A single comment was made 2day and I've heard this before.Even after this big weekend (awesome work by the way Josh.)to hear it again. And it wouldn't even mattered who said it.It was said (white one is pretty much like Ed's Ying Yang twin.)Well Wayne I or any1 out there who has devoted time and energy to build their car the words PRETTY MUCH LIKE.Takes CREDIT from me or any1 who has done so..In my case 2 1/2 yrs of bloody knuckles,sweat, stress because my painter had my sh_t 19mos. SC's where coming and going.And finally one day she done and finished and even makes it to the big show and wins.Instead of hearing congrats, good job.I get pretty much looks like Ed's.PLEASE I would never take cred from any1 or disregard the facts as some of U did.Pedro ,ED big thanks 4 the rec.And folks if wrong on this matter.Then so kindly point it out.I just need 2 vent.Confucius said give credit where credit is do.I can only hope that is true in the CL world.HEY what the h_ll hope we can all cruz again.I take great pride in my car and the group of SC's I've be rolling with hope it can stay the same.I'm vented out
Old 07-31-08, 09:33 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

John. I'm not taking anything away from your car. It's just that you both have similar cars and had similar ideas on what you both wanted your individual cars to look like. So what if you both took the same route. If some said my car was similar to someone elses car and that car looked good, I would take it is as a compliment. And just remember that i was one of the first people to congratulate you when you got trophy. Win lose or draw you both along with many other people have very nice looking SC's. I know from the beginning all the heart ache and pain you went thru with your car. Your car has come along way and i'm sure you got more in store for it.
Old 08-01-08, 03:20 AM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's all the drama about between John and Ed's cars? Even though there's similarities between the two(Autocouture body kit & Swiss wheels) there's huge differences. For one John has really stepped up the game with that 5.5 inch rear lip and that back rim being able to hold 11.5, wow! Also, just keeping it real John's paint job has less flaws than Ed's and yes the JDM is definitely by far a better look than a NA-T motor. But congrats to John and Ed on their accomplishments and their awards.

Also, why isn't anyone talking about Jerome's clean, beautiful black SC with the black Autocouture wheels that was at the show. the car didn't have any engine work or sound system but by far his wheels, interior, and paint job was exceptional by far. So, with that being said both John and Ed better come strong next year because Jerome will be ready to take the trophy at the next show.
Old 08-01-08, 04:30 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

i was going to ignore this thread and move on but after seeing the last 2 replies i must interject my thoughts

john ,
wayne ,tony,pedro ,jeff and many many others who have emailed me their thoughts is correct. you take this to seriously. this is supposed to be a fun event first and foremost. going to a meet with unprofessional judging is a forum for us to hang out , enjoy each others company and work and if the judging fetches and win then thats gravy, bottom line is who cares period , fun first

you have taken this to another level and shown me your true character.

you seem to forget at reggies barbecue at cb smith , YOU were the one stating to everyone that these cars are like ebony and ivory , theyy were twins, YOU were the one all excitied about taking pics bumper to bumper so all of a sudden when its said in this context you imply that you are far above us lowly guys , not nice brotha

our cars are 98% identical like it our not , your paint work is flawless but yet mine is 99% original , mine too would be flawless is i too chose to repaint

having a 5inch lip is not i my book stepping up game its just a different approach which i cannot do because of my LARGE brakes

what i did not like was your attitude when i was annouced 2nd , you did not even offer a conrats , nothing

when you got first i too was one of the first to conrat you , you took your prize and jetted

i am not going to engage in a pissing contest but will say humility says alot , being humble speaks a thousand words

i have been in this game along time in fact i started this whole lexus meet thing with the first ever lexus one back in 2003 with adrian and reggie and johnny

you won , i congrat you on that it was well deserved but as pointed out it could have gone either way or a tie could have occured but again who cares fun first (at nopi west palm in april my car took best of show with 9 otherswith real judges but i never posted up anything about that because to me its just a symbol of ones opinion what really matters is what i feel about my accomplishments )

on a side note i too went through a period of time building this car with the help of good friend steve , wayne ,dave and clive . i/we built this with OUR own hands from ground up in my garage so i know first hand about many late nights and blood and sweat

please be humble
Old 08-01-08, 05:00 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
What's all the drama about between John and Ed's cars? Even though there's similarities between the two(Autocouture body kit & Swiss wheels) there's huge differences. For one John has really stepped up the game with that 5.5 inch rear lip and that back rim being able to hold 11.5, wow! Also, just keeping it real John's paint job has less flaws than Ed's and yes the JDM is definitely by far a better look than a NA-T motor. But congrats to John and Ed on their accomplishments and their awards.

Also, why isn't anyone talking about Jerome's clean, beautiful black SC with the black Autocouture wheels that was at the show. the car didn't have any engine work or sound system but by far his wheels, interior, and paint job was exceptional by far. So, with that being said both John and Ed better come strong next year because Jerome will be ready to take the trophy at the next show.
i disagree (is this rudy btw)

many have said to me serectly they do not really like such a big lip , they did not like the extreme curveture to accomplish such a lip and i would reply to them , no it looks really nice but not my thing . having a 5in lip does not make it far from my 3.5 in lip which i chose ..having a swapped motor does look sweet but if i had a chromed out bay like clives it would have been very different but i too agree a twin turbo motor looks much better less cluttered ( mine will be in shortly with loads of surprises so look out) my car has the more desired 5speed r 154 as opposed to a auto but yet you forgot that one ( i swapped the auto myself with my buddies help) yes his paint is almost flawless but hold up its a repaint , my car has original paint from 1997 yes 1997 that i did my best in bringing back to its original luster.. if i repainted my car then it would be flawless as well but i am not interested in that now
how about my guage cluster which he has none and what about custom interior which his is original and aging (no disrespect) having 6piston front fronts with 14.25 in rotors and 4piston out back as compared run of the mill supra or ls400 brakes

jeromes car is a true work of art , you can ask anyone in fact ask jerome when he rolled in to towers and i saw it completed what i said to him before he could even park .. when he rolled into tradewinds park what i said to those around me , his car is the hotness

bottom line like i stated before this is for fun first , these events are for us to get together have fun appreciate each others work wether pos or neg but to enjoy each others company ..

we need to ask ourselves did we build a true show car or a car for our enjoyment you want to see a true show car then none of us compares to bluelex's (adrian car ) thats a true show car and should have gotten best of show hands down (no disrespect to current winner)
Old 08-01-08, 05:18 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=//LRD;3723359]
Originally Posted by wayne
I'll answer this.

You both have nice SC's, you both have auto couture body kits!

A single comment was made 2day and I've heard this before.Even after this big weekend (awesome work by the way Josh.)to hear it again. And it wouldn't even mattered who said it.It was said (white one is pretty much like Ed's Ying Yang twin.)Well Wayne I or any1 out there who has devoted time and energy to build their car the words PRETTY MUCH LIKE.Takes CREDIT from me or any1 who has done so..In my case 2 1/2 yrs of bloody knuckles,sweat, stress because my painter had my sh_t 19mos. SC's where coming and going.And finally one day she done and finished and even makes it to the big show and wins.Instead of hearing congrats, good job.I get pretty much looks like Ed's.PLEASE I would never take cred from any1 or disregard the facts as some of U did.Pedro ,ED big thanks 4 the rec.And folks if wrong on this matter.Then so kindly point it out.I just need 2 vent.Confucius said give credit where credit is do.I can only hope that is true in the CL world.HEY what the h_ll hope we can all cruz again.I take great pride in my car and the group of SC's I've be rolling with hope it can stay the same.I'm vented out
wow.......i dont even think i should comment..but.....besides we all bust our asses on our cars.....we all have bloodied our knuckles and spent countless hours on the cars......your work is being praised....you have picked very good quality parts.....but i see eds car as more complete.....just my opinion.....
if my car was compared to eds.....id be flattered not have my panties in a bunch
Old 08-01-08, 05:32 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

ok we all vented enough for the year...I think we just need to sit back have a couple of beers and think about what new meet we are going to have next year...
Old 08-01-08, 05:36 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IndecentSC
ok we all vented enough for the year...I think we just need to sit back have a couple of beers and think about what new meet we are going to have next year...
AGREED

btw tony i was not venting for i have nothing to be upset over .. i had fun at the show , had fun driving to jm nuff said

just want some to remain humble
Old 08-01-08, 07:26 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Now that's all over, what do you say, let's meet up one Sat or Sun and discuss our next meet over some beer.
Old 08-01-08, 07:45 AM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

sounds like a plan to me...I'm starting tonight..
Old 08-01-08, 10:58 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not To Propetuate This

nice ripe on my car Ed. That funny I didn't say single thing about you or your car.I love how you took the comments posted by wicksc and ran with them.Green is not your color..further more when you won 2nd place and you walk by me I patted you on your back.I guess you had a lot on your mind .And 2nd I jetted becuase wife work nite's jm show run way to long.Kids were home along.If you took min. and read my tread you would clearly see that it was just about me and my thoughts.So don't talk about character.You clearly showing your.My whole thing was INDIVIDUALISM say it with me INDIVIDUALISH.The only thing the cars have in common are the ac kit........You sir made that clear and how my seats are old and nasty not custom like yous and my small a__ brakes.See how could we be twins.Remember you started that ying yang sh_t and you still propetuate it.bottom line I didn't not build this car for you or any1 else.The turth is i try every hard to do my own thing.I spoke my mind and I'm man enough to say this is done.Remember we all can be cool about this thatz up to you.SoFlo sc"s crew rules

Last edited by //LRD; 08-01-08 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-01-08, 11:16 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

okay enought of this mods please lock this thread for john is doing nothing but griping no one attacked his car period just making certain points clear in answering another persons point

again you are taking this to new heights if you patted me on the back i did not feel it or know it and you did not even ackowledge it earlier

my reply was to rudy or is it green sc as to denote comparision

how is that riping on your car , its a known fact the the leather in our cars dont age well thats why i changed mine , no attack on your car ( notice i put no disprespect in the reply)

its a known fact i have had supra brakes and those who know me know my thoughts on them being puny which is why i upgraded to big brakes , no attack on your car
( notice i did not say puny brakes i said run of the mill , i know i had them before did not work for me)

so how is this attacking your car

i said from the start your win was deserved my reply was illustrating how identical the cars were and no matter what the results could have gone either way

and dont bring the man up or man enough issue to me , you dont want to ride this train bro

your character still shines through , you are upset many many many are comparing yours to mine and many many many compares mine to urs so what who cares bottom line these 2 cars are top notch and are twins who cares whos is better or faster then whos

john please reread my reply above and tell me where i have slighted you and if i did my apologies but i know i did not

let me close this this way by saying this

if the roles were reversed and they awarded me first , i would have stood there giving you credit in plain view for your car , i would have publically stated that both cars should have tied and it could have gone either way because they are identical ( again wether you want to believe it or not)

i would have congrat you accordingly on your win but insist it should have been a tie

thats my character , but more over would have had fun

Last edited by lexforlife; 08-01-08 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: JM/Club Lexus Meet (7-27-08) Thread