Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Horrible shop experience at WWR in Miami...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-08, 12:26 PM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible shop experience at WWR in Miami...

I along with my father have had some really bad experiences at world wide racing.
Here a list of some parts on the car (installed by us):

6.6 stroker
complete aftermarket drive train (tranny, axles, diff, etc)
twin external weldons.
850cc injectors
methanol
electric water pump
ported oil pump
direct port nitrous
procharger
etc

We took them a 06' GTO to have a standalone and a tranny computer install along with other misc. parts. We have spent over $11,000 on what was supposed to be "The best thing you can do to your car, and end all your problems." Mind you the 11k was mostly for the computer and install.

We couldn't find someone to tune the OEM computer so we figured since there is longer nothing stock on the car. So after a month of talk to the guys at WWR they convinced my father the a EMS would be the best bet. They also said the car would run like stock. They took more than 1 month to get the car barely running with the EMS and almost 1 month to install the TCI (tranny computer). It took them almost a week to tune it and the the car would shift at WOT. The AFR's were crazy. But they said their job was JUST to get the car running. The car has never ran right since December, when they first started on the car. Many heated arguments and money spent and still nothing. And till this day the speedo doesn't work and we don't know yet if the car shifts which they were supposed to fix last week.

After all this they kept telling us that the install only includes getting the car running. $2900 dollars to install the EMS the first time there, plus the ~$2000 for the EMS itself. Connect the TPS, IAC, fans etc was extra. The car left the shop with a ticking noise from them ******* the car. And then blamed it on the motor build. (they are well known for doing that) The only known problem was that the head gasket was leaking some.

Every time we took them the car they would charge us hundreds of dollars for other misc. things. There are so many other problems we have had and most lest unresolved. Their business is in mind games.

Along with the crap we have been through they have also crashed a customers Supra in a very late night joy right with friends in the car. I was also told they read on the police report they found beer bottle's in the car. And the car has now been in the shop I would say for no less than 1 year when all it was there for was a single install and tune.
They also failed to properly install a fuel pump in a friends SRT4 and told him his car has problems. The were also supposed to build a stroker motor for another friends Evo that they started last year and till this day doesn't run right and they have to redo the motor. (Good luck on that).

I have also heard many other stories beside those. Oh and when they say take them the car ON APPOINTMENT, they leave the country the same week on jobs they said was supposed to take 1-2 days and the car ends up there for weeks.

We just left there a few hours ago in what ended up in a HUGE verbal fight with everyone disrespecting each other. I cant ever explain in plain words how bad this has been. We will never go there or suggest anyone to go there. Good luck to anyone who plans on dealing with them or is currently.
Old 05-30-08, 01:58 PM
lexis307
Lexus Test Driver

Man bro, thats terrible I wish you the best and hope everything turn out for you and your father, im looking forward to see ya at the Mega Meet. BTW good chillin with you this past week @ the mini meet
Old 05-30-08, 03:41 PM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Thanks bro. Its was nice meeting up too. CYA out there man
Old 05-30-08, 05:05 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Wow, thats gay. This is one of the reasons why I hate putting or leaving my car with trust to anybody or shop.

Oh yeah, this is Eric, I sold you some omni coilovers and a turbo kit a while back. I got my GS like I said I would. If this isn't you... whoops.
Old 05-30-08, 05:31 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn thats one horrible shop, what made my jaw drop though is the fact that they took a supra joy riding and crashed it..HOW DO U GET OFF OF GOING WITH A CUSTOMERS CAR JOY RIDING wtf???
Old 05-31-08, 07:27 AM
3m ta3
Lead Lap

Thanks for the heads up on that shop.Any other shops that people had bad experience with?
Old 05-31-08, 04:59 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BIENDIESEL
du ma.. sounds like ruff racing buddies, they did the same **** to my brother lude, all we needed was a new dizzy, one month later i get a used on with 10 wires coming out of it and its obd1 when the lude is 2001, paided over1k bucks just for a 5 minute dizzy change
Should have paid me 500 and you would get a new one and better service from my home garage. 1 day is all it takes. lol
Old 06-02-08, 11:19 AM
xboostx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
Wow, thats gay. This is one of the reasons why I hate putting or leaving my car with trust to anybody or shop.

Oh yeah, this is Eric, I sold you some omni coilovers and a turbo kit a while back. I got my GS like I said I would. If this isn't you... whoops.
Naw that wasnt me bro.

Originally Posted by jokie
Thanks for the heads up on that shop.Any other shops that people had bad experience with?
Yeah dont go to Speed shop, MTR, WWR, Drag international, there's another shop by Eureka Dr. down in kendall down there some where. I think the guys name is Ricky. I have heard horror stories from there too.