EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Onward

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-23, 09:24 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Congrats! I've never sat in one of these. There's one around my corner. I didn't expect to see these nice features inside. Does it have air vents and more buttons too?

I feel the same way when I checked out MY. On smooth surface, the thing is super smooth but when the roads are not smooth, even very light irregular you will feel the bumpy ride. I haven't driven Santa Fe but I feel with the tire set up, it's smoother.

Isn't it time you washed the (nice) garage? They even have a "gas' cap. Nice way to keep the water out of the port completely. I read some tesla owners have this issue.
Our Ioniq 5 doesn't have that cap
Old 10-10-23, 09:56 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 631 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Our Ioniq 5 doesn't have that cap
I believe that's the DC port cap. You don't have one?
Old 10-10-23, 10:32 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mike728
I believe that's the DC port cap. You don't have one?
OK yes, it does have the DC port cap. I mistook this cover for a J1772 port cover
Old 10-10-23, 12:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,217 Likes on 1,438 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
What do you think of the sliding center console?
forgot about that feature until you mentioned it. took me a moment to figure out the handle is on the front - first impressions, fairly useless feature but maybe i'll prefer it in one of the positions.

Congrats! I've never sat in one of these. There's one around my corner. I didn't expect to see these nice features inside. Does it have air vents and more buttons too?
lol, tesla does have air vents you just have to use the screen to set the direction (ridiculous imo).
it does have more buttons, yes. on my santa fe there was a "star" icon button you could assign to any function. the ioniq has one on the dash AND one on the steering wheel and they can be assigned to different functions!
one on the dash right now is set to switch to apple carplay.i steering wheel one i set to something else but can't remember what right now.

Isn't it time you washed the (nice) garage?
thanks last time i washed the garage floor, less than a year ago, i hurt myself because the floor is EXTREMELY slippery when wet. in my life, a clean garage floor is not much of a priority. i know the door could use a pressure wash too.
The following users liked this post:
BayeauxLex (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 12:36 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
forgot about that feature until you mentioned it. took me a moment to figure out the handle is on the front - first impressions, fairly useless feature but maybe i'll prefer it in one of the positions.

lol, tesla does have air vents you just have to use the screen to set the direction (ridiculous imo).
it does have more buttons, yes. on my santa fe there was a "star" icon button you could assign to any function. the ioniq has one on the dash AND one on the steering wheel and they can be assigned to different functions!
one on the dash right now is set to switch to apple carplay.i steering wheel one i set to something else but can't remember what right now.

thanks last time i washed the garage floor, less than a year ago, i hurt myself because the floor is EXTREMELY slippery when wet. in my life, a clean garage floor is not much of a priority. i know the door could use a pressure wash too.
Just my opinion, but the vents in my Y are way better and adjusting them is easier. I spent all day Sunday with the Ioniq, and I kept over adjusting the vents. Every time I touched it, it would move either too little or too much. In the Y, just set them and forget them, and if I need to fine tune them, it's much easier
signdetres (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 01:34 PM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Just my opinion, but the vents in my Y are way better and adjusting them is easier. I spent all day Sunday with the Ioniq, and I kept over adjusting the vents. Every time I touched it, it would move either too little or too much. In the Y, just set them and forget them, and if I need to fine tune them, it's much easier
It can't be easier than using your own finger and move it.
I can't see how this is convenient while driving. Lol
lol, tesla does have air vents you just have to use the screen to set the direction (ridiculous imo).it does have more buttons, yes. on my santa fe there was a "star" icon button you could assign to any function. the ioniq has one on the dash AND one on the steering wheel and they can be assigned to different functions!
i meant vents that can be adjusted with fingers. I know how you feel about the assignable buttons. Previous BMWs have 8 of them. I have one for Carplay, one for PSI, one for USB Media, one for pre condition. Well... a lot of times your priority is not the priority. Yeah those floors can be slippery if not done in specific ways. The door was what caught my eyes.
BayeauxLex (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 01:54 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I can't see how this is convenient while driving. Lol https://youtu.be/c_dKSj1Udmo

i meant vents that can be adjusted with fingers. I know how you feel about the assignable buttons. Previous BMWs have 8 of them. I have one for Carplay, one for PSI, one for USB Media, one for pre condition. Well... a lot of times your priority is not the priority. Yeah those floors can be slippery if not done in specific ways. The door was what caught my eyes.
LoL these Youtube videos are just freaking ridiculous! You do it from the screen, it's way more precise, and you only need to do it once. I'll do a video on it not trying trying to be over dramatic just to get views LOL.

Also the advantage of Tesla vents is that each vent setting is saved in the users profile, so your wife can't mess your vent setting up and vice versa

EDIT

Adjusting air vents in a Tesla:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5dp7ooWCekmXMLqD7

Easy peasy

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 10-10-23 at 02:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
Hameed (10-10-23), swajames (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 06:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

i adjust vents every 6 months or so, so not an issue.
i adjust two ways, either in my face (rare), or anywhere else (couldn't care less where).

LoL these Youtube videos are just freaking ridiculous! You do it from the screen, it's way more precise, and you only need to do it once.
i don't need precision.
and i hated doing it from the screen on the tesla.
The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
AMIRZA786 (10-10-23), BayeauxLex (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 06:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

things i learned today...

so as i walk up to the car, the doors (all 4) unlock automatically and the handles come out of their flush position in response to the fob being close to the car (nice).
once car is driven away the doors lock automatically (probably mainly so the handles are flush again).
so then when i exit the car only the driver's door handle is now unlocked and 'out' from the flush position.
so if i want to go in the back, i have to unlock the doors from the driver's inside door switch, or press the unlock button on the fob.
at least that's what i thought were the only options. i now realize (and should have known from other cars i've had, and especially if i'd bothered or had time to read the enormous manuals ) that there's a button (square pixel shaped of course ) on the driver's and front passenger door handles that when pressed locks or unlocks all the doors!

said handle and door button:

signdetres (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 06:27 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 140 Likes on 118 Posts

I can't see how this is convenient while driving. Lol https://youtu.be/c_dKSj1Udmo

LoL these Youtube videos are just freaking ridiculous! You do it from the screen, it's way more precise, and you only need to do it once. I'll do a video on it not trying trying to be over dramatic just to get views LOL.

Also the advantage of Tesla vents is that each vent setting is saved in the users profile, so your wife can't mess your vent setting up and vice versa

EDIT

Adjusting air vents in a Tesla:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5dp7ooWCekmXMLqD7

Easy peasy
To some there is a thing as “too much tech”. Some things should be kept simple imo. I personally would take buttons over navigating in menu screen.
AMIRZA786 (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 06:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

with apple carplay running, i can just say "siri" and ask the car/phone whatever... works great.

i confirmed all 4 doors have dual pane glass.
plus rear doors have manual sun shades (ok i knew that one already).

The following 2 users liked this post by bitkahuna:
BayeauxLex (10-10-23), signdetres (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 06:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

car has installed 3 OTA updates since friday too.
BayeauxLex (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 06:31 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 140 Likes on 118 Posts

with apple carplay running, i can just say "siri" and ask the car/phone whatever... works great.

i confirmed all 4 doors have dual pane glass.
plus rear doors have manual sun shades (ok i knew that one already).
I use that feature as well but the whole going into the menu to simply adjust air vents can be tedious to some.
Old 10-10-23, 06:34 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

i adjust vents every 6 months or so, so not an issue.
i adjust two ways, either in my face (rare), or anywhere else (couldn't care less where).

i don't need precision.
and i hated doing it from the screen on the tesla.
That's perfectly fine, but I have 3 others that drive the Tesla, and each of them like to change the vents to their liking. Because it saves the vent positions in each drivers profiles, just set it and forget it. Just the way I like it. Bring on the tech
The following 2 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
BayeauxLex (10-10-23), Hameed (10-10-23)
Old 10-10-23, 06:36 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
I use that feature as well but the whole going into the menu to simply adjust air vents can be tedious to some.
But it's not. It's easy and you only do it once. And you don't have go into the menu, it's a one touch pop up. You don't have to go into sub screens. Multiple people can have their own vent, temp and fan settings
BayeauxLex (10-10-23)

Quick Reply: Onward