EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

2023 Ioniq 5 SEL AWD

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-23, 08:02 AM
TriC
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 200 Posts

You certainly have more tolerance than I do, AMIRZA786. Any such crap from a dealer immediately drives me elsewhere. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (07-30-23)
Old 07-30-23, 09:43 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 1,987 Likes on 1,536 Posts

Originally Posted by TriC
You certainly have more tolerance than I do, AMIRZA786. Any such crap from a dealer immediately drives me elsewhere. Good luck!
Haha well thankfully my dealings with them after the test drive have been email and text. I do have a redline...if I don't get it from them with the deal I'm after by Tuesday, than I'm done with them and I'll probably look for a deal on a used Model 3 next year
Old 07-30-23, 07:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,473 Posts

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Unbelievable. And predictable.
actually it's believable and predictable.

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
This tactic is purely to get you in front of them so they can pressure you into paying more money.
definitely. sales guy i dealt with for genesis and hyundai is leaving so he's put me in touch with someone else there, and they are of course asking me to 'come in' to check things out.

I'm only going through this because I really love that Ioniq 5
it's a neat car. if i can get from my santa fe to an ioniq 5 without feeling waterboarded it's a possibility for me.

if I don't get it from them with the deal I'm after by Tuesday, than I'm done with them and I'll probably look for a deal on a used Model 3 next year
when is your ioniq lease up? and do you think you have any equity in it?

my santa fe only has 20k mi. on it!
Old 07-30-23, 07:45 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
actually it's believable and predictable.

definitely. sales guy i dealt with for genesis and hyundai is leaving so he's put me in touch with someone else there, and they are of course asking me to 'come in' to check things out.

it's a neat car. if i can get from my santa fe to an ioniq 5 without feeling waterboarded it's a possibility for me.

when is your ioniq lease up? and do you think you have any equity in it?

my santa fe only has 20k mi. on it!
It's up in November. I only have four more payments of $190 each, so I have a lot of equity
Old 07-31-23, 01:19 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Alright, so here is the latest on the Ioniq 5 saga. There is word on the street that many Ioniq's are sitting on the lots of dealerships and not being sold, and people are picking them up below MSRP. And it's probably only going to get worse (for them). The sales guys are texting me and emailing me to come in today, because you know, the deal might not be available tomorrow ! At the same time, I found out that an event we attended last week, several people came down with COVID, including a friend of mine I was with yesterday (he texted me this morning that he tested positive). I've been having a bit of a scratchy throat myself, so I decided to use that to my advantage and told them that I am pushing this to the end of August. Hoping to get a better deal by than
Old 07-31-23, 01:30 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 921 Likes on 736 Posts

Alright, so here is the latest on the Ioniq 5 saga. There is word on the street that many Ioniq's are sitting on the lots of dealerships and not being sold, and people are picking them up below MSRP. And it's probably only going to get worse (for them). The sales guys are texting me and emailing me to come in today, because you know, the deal might not be available tomorrow ! At the same time, I found out that an event we attended last week, several people came down with COVID, including a friend of mine I was with yesterday (he texted me this morning that he tested positive). I've been having a bit of a scratchy throat myself, so I decided to use that to my advantage and told them that I am pushing this to the end of August. Hoping to get a better deal by than
What are you thinking the numbers will need to be for you to spring on the deal?

Yeah, they emailed low price deals to get you to the table but were those deals on the same trim level and price as the one you are negotiating?

Maybe they quoted a less optioned car?

Just trying to give them a way to redeem a little credibility.
Spoiler

Old 07-31-23, 01:49 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,754 Likes on 2,333 Posts

As soon as a dealership says deal expires on X date you know they are lying. Not to be confused with external intensives and rebates.
AMIRZA786 (07-31-23)
Old 07-31-23, 01:59 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Margate330
What are you thinking the numbers will need to be for you to spring on the deal?

Yeah, they emailed low price deals to get you to the table but were those deals on the same trim level and price as the one you are negotiating?

Maybe they quoted a less optioned car?

Just trying to give them a way to redeem a little credibility.
Spoiler

If it's $2500 down and $340 a month, it's the deal I want. It's for an SEL AWD, they are all optioned the same unless there is dealer add on
Old 07-31-23, 02:39 PM
TriC
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 200 Posts

There is word on the street that many Ioniq's are sitting on the lots of dealerships and not being sold, and people are picking them up below MSRP.
Edmunds' reviews of both the 5 and 6 now suggest a purchase price below MSRP.
Old 07-31-23, 02:44 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TriC
Edmunds' reviews of both the 5 and 6 now suggest a purchase price below MSRP.
Correct, which is why I cancelled yesterday and pushed end of August. I think there is going to be more pressure on them in a month
Old 07-31-23, 06:17 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 635 Likes on 477 Posts

Correct, which is why I cancelled yesterday and pushed end of August. I think there is going to be more pressure on them in a month
Rebates reset tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if they change.
AMIRZA786 (07-31-23)
Old 07-31-23, 07:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LeX2K
As soon as a dealership says deal expires on X date you know they are lying. Not to be confused with external intensives and rebates.
generally true but some manufacturer deals do expire of course but i'm guessing the dealer already knows what's happening in august while saying get a deal before the end of july.
AMIRZA786 (07-31-23)
Old 08-02-23, 12:22 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

That's the problem. I have to get into another Hyundai to officially get out of the lease. Or wait for November
you don't. you just pay the remaining payments which are only $800 or less.
Old 08-02-23, 12:28 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you don't. you just pay the remaining payments which are only $800 or less.
Or this ^^ ^^
Old 08-03-23, 07:09 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

so i figured i'd post a few more thoughts on my quick ioniq 5 test drive.

one thing i thought going into it was that i would like it because the controls are similar to my santa fe. while that's somewhat true, there was still several significant differences.
the whole interior is trying to be minimalist and modern and some of it, especially the very shallow center arm rest / 'storage' compartment, just seemed cheap and not very functional. there's a huge open space under that, but if i don't want my stuff visible to people from outside the car looking in, that's not so great.
the driver's seat on this 'limited' (top trim) had a power 'ottoman' / calf rest, but for me it was utterly useless. doesn't extend high enough of far enough to touch my legs. apparently the idea of it was to provide a better way to rest while recharging... or something.
the dual 12.3" screens fits in with cars like mercedes, but the display on gauge in front of the driver seems very odd. granted, i'm sure i could get used to it. but the 'star wars' death star tunnel display left me scratching my head a bit.

the drive itself was 'typical ev' - instant torque, very strong, smooth, quiet, effortless. however, to me it's hard to describe but feels... boring? i felt the same way about driving a tesla model 3 and pretty sure i'd feel the same way in a model y. i didn't feel it as much driving a mercedes eqs suv, probably because it was so nice inside and the air suspension ride was amazing.

the build quality was EXCELLENT and everything felt good, except the odd door handles that are a relatively small bar that pops out, to be pulled to open the door. the seats were exceptionally comfortable.

so i guess i wasn't wow'ed by it, but it's very nice.

Quick Reply: 2023 Ioniq 5 SEL AWD