ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Luxury vs. Ultra Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-19, 06:55 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts
Default Luxury vs. Ultra Luxury

While looking at the stickers on the ES 350 inventory at my local dealer, I noticed that none of the stickers say "Ultra Luxury." They either say Luxury or Sedan. However, all of the models labeled Luxury on the sticker appear to have the Ultra Luxury options. Did Lexus eliminate the Luxury package and rebrand the Ultra Luxury package as Luxury?
Old 07-15-19, 07:50 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

For the 2019 ES, it is (still) available in both Luxury and Ultra Luxury options.

What has changed is that some options that were only available with the UL package during the Generation 6 ES model years are now available with on the 2019 Luxury ES. And many/most of the Luxury ES cars that are being shipped to dealers seem to be loaded with options. With the Generation 6 ES, there was a $4000-5000 price difference between a typical ES with the UL package and one with the Luxury package. For the 2019 Generation 7 ES, with Luxury ES coming in much more heavily equipped, the price difference between and 2019 UL ES and a 2019 Luxury ES is likely to be less than $2000.
Old 07-15-19, 09:02 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

I agree with lesz. Our Luxury model is pretty well equipped, missing primarily just Mark Levinson, Panoramic sunroof and the triple beam headlights - that seem to be available for the most part just on the ultra luxury and F-sport models. There are other smaller options, like side shades on the rear windows and power trunk that are missing on our particular Luxury model. Since ours is a hybrid, the pano moonroof isn’t available as an option on any model.

Also, just for the record, our dealer had an ES 350 on the showroom floor and it was labeled as “Ultra Luxury”.
Old 07-16-19, 05:14 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

And don't forget the option for power folding side mirrors. Oh right, they're nowhere to be found.

Surprising, it is available on the newly released UX.
Old 07-16-19, 07:28 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 679 Likes on 505 Posts

It looks like the only thing you can't get on a Luxury is the semi-aniline leather seats. The only other standard feature the UL has over the Lux is the rear sunshade, which can be added to it.
Old 07-16-19, 02:36 PM
DavidZ
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
For the 2019 ES, it is (still) available in both Luxury and Ultra Luxury options.
The funny thing is that when I go to my local dealer's website's home page and search their inventory for the 2019 ES, the only models that show up on the list are the base model and the luxury. I went to the website of a dealer about 120 miles away and found the same thing. My local dealer has 12 luxurys in stock and the dealer 120 miles away has 28.

Also, when I said the phrase Ultra Luxury to the (albeit very green) salesperson, she looked bewildered.
Old 07-16-19, 03:08 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidZ
The funny thing is that when I go to my local dealer's website's home page and search their inventory for the 2019 ES, the only models that show up on the list are the base model and the luxury. I went to the website of a dealer about 120 miles away and found the same thing. My local dealer has 12 luxurys in stock and the dealer 120 miles away has 28.

Also, when I said the phrase Ultra Luxury to the (albeit very green) salesperson, she looked bewildered.
I have no idea what the production schedule is for the 2019 ES, but, with all 6 years of the Generation 6 ES run, production lines at the factory were set up to build UL package ES right at the beginning of the model year, and dealers got a supply of those UL cars. But, once those cars were sold, most dealers went without any UL cars for months until the next time that the production lines were set up to build UL cars much later in the model year. It would appear that something similar is the case for the 2019 ES. I just did a quick search of the inventories of a couple of Lexus dealers in my area. Dealers that had a nice selection of UL ES at the beginning of the model year now have 0 or 1 UL ES in their inventories.

Show your (very green) salesperson this link and ask her why Lexus would put a car on its website that she doesn't seem to know even exists.

https://www.lexus.com/models/ES
The following users liked this post:
debtfree1 (03-17-21)
Old 02-11-22, 07:10 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I have no idea what the production schedule is for the 2019 ES, but, with all 6 years of the Generation 6 ES run, production lines at the factory were set up to build UL package ES right at the beginning of the model year, and dealers got a supply of those UL cars. But, once those cars were sold, most dealers went without any UL cars for months until the next time that the production lines were set up to build UL cars much later in the model year. It would appear that something similar is the case for the 2019 ES. I just did a quick search of the inventories of a couple of Lexus dealers in my area. Dealers that had a nice selection of UL ES at the beginning of the model year now have 0 or 1 UL ES in their inventories.

Show your (very green) salesperson this link and ask her why Lexus would put a car on its website that she doesn't seem to know even exists.

https://www.lexus.com/models/ES
When would be the beginning of the model year for this year for the 2022 ES350 Ultra Luxury model? January 2022, February 2022 and March 2022?? Or was the beginning of the model year during Sept. 2021, Oct. 2021, Nov. 2021 and Dec. 2021?? Isn't the new 2022 model year for the 2022 ES350 UL usually introduced in the fall of 2021? I'm trying to find out "which" months during the year are the 3 different production runs that Lexus uses to build the ES350 Ultra Luxury model. Does anybody in here know?
Old 02-11-22, 07:24 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 951 Likes on 598 Posts

If you had delays before, now you'll have more. If you find something you like, buy it.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...ts-2022-02-10/
Old 02-11-22, 07:52 AM
glamglam
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by LexWannabe
If you had delays before, now you'll have more. If you find something you like, buy it.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...ts-2022-02-10/
I already know about the Toyota problem in Ontario, Canada. I believe that the trucker/transportation problem in Canada will be resolved in the next week or two. There aren't any ES350 UL vehicles available around in any of the Lexus dealers up here. I special ordered mine which is a beautiful Matador Red 2022 UL fully loaded.
Old 02-11-22, 07:25 PM
LexFinally
Racer

Originally Posted by glamglam
I already know about the Toyota problem in Ontario, Canada. I believe that the trucker/transportation problem in Canada will be resolved in the next week or two. There aren't any ES350 UL vehicles available around in any of the Lexus dealers up here. I special ordered mine which is a beautiful Matador Red 2022 UL fully loaded.
I like the way you think! :.)

The following 3 users liked this post by LexFinally:
glamglam (02-11-22), hammerme (02-12-22), Lexinerd (02-12-22)
Old 02-12-22, 05:09 AM
mattsrs
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidZ
While looking at the stickers on the ES 350 inventory at my local dealer, I noticed that none of the stickers say "Ultra Luxury." They either say Luxury or Sedan. However, all of the models labeled Luxury on the sticker appear to have the Ultra Luxury options. Did Lexus eliminate the Luxury package and rebrand the Ultra Luxury package as Luxury?
One key difference in UL vs L is lateral performance dampers that is specific to UL and F sport and cannot be added as an option to lux. Everything else in UL can be added as option to luxury.
Old 02-12-22, 05:19 AM
BillP
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mattsrs
One key difference in UL vs L is lateral performance dampers that is specific to UL and F sport and cannot be added as an option to lux. Everything else in UL can be added as option to luxury.
I just purchased a '22 ES300h Luxury, not a UL, last week and the spec sheet, that does have the VIN, states it has the performance dampers, although I haven't crawled under the car to confirm.
Old 02-12-22, 05:28 AM
mattsrs
Pit Crew

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by BillP
I just purchased a '22 ES300h Luxury, not a UL, last week and the spec sheet, that does have the VIN, states it has the performance dampers, although I haven't crawled under the car to confirm.
Performance dampers are not the same as lateral performance dampers. Just checked 22 ES brochure and like is said lateral one is specific to UL and F sport. As you said Luxury trim gets regular performance dampers
The following users liked this post:
TXWJ (02-12-22)
Old 02-12-22, 06:27 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Originally Posted by mattsrs
Performance dampers are not the same as lateral performance dampers. Just checked 22 ES brochure and like is said lateral one is specific to UL and F sport. As you said Luxury trim gets regular performance dampers
There are no performance dampers except the lateral ones. I do believe I recall reading that they were added to the Luxury trim level. If memory serves, the rear-door sunshades and laminated (sound-reducing) front door window glass are the only remaining features you can't get on anything but a UL. What makes that a bit less significant is that I just don't think they're building a lot of Luxurys this year.

Quick Reply: Luxury vs. Ultra Luxury