ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Arrested Growth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-19, 09:27 AM
Drivelex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arrested Growth?

Ok, I would like to take a poll, here’s why. I’m 63 and already have a 2019 ES350 F Sport, Atomic Silver with black interior. When I was shopping for the car, wife did not want me to have a red or blue exterior or a red interior. She says I have arrested growth, which may be true lol.

My my question is how many guys 60 and older have a similar car but in a red or blue and have any color car with a red interior?

I’m treading carefully but just want to know if I’m an anomaly or not, I don’t think so, at least, hope I’m not.

Last edited by Drivelex; 07-05-19 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-05-19, 10:46 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Drivelex
Ok, I would like to take a poll, here’s why. I’m 63 and already have a 2019 ES350 F Sport, Atomic Silver with black interior. When I was shopping for the car, wife did not want me to have a red or blue exterior or a red interior. She says I have arrested growth, which may be true lol.

My my question is how many guys 60 and older have a similar car but in a red or blue and have any color car with a red interior?

im trading carefully but just want to know if I’m an anomaly or mot, I don’t think so, at least, hope I’m not.
I'm in my early 30's and one of the major reasons why I bought a Lexus is that I really liked the blue exterior with a red interior model. When I saw the styling of the new ES Fsport I knew she was the car for me. Before that, I was on the fence mainly between an Infinity Q60 and Benz C43. Lexus wasn't on my scope because IMO they are synonymous with older gentlemen.

Don't worry about any stats and follow your heart.
The following users liked this post:
Drivelex (07-05-19)
Old 07-05-19, 11:17 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,569 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Ok, I would like to take a poll, here’s why. I’m 63 and already have a 2019 ES350 F Sport, Atomic Silver with black interior. When was shopping for the car, wife did not want me to have a red or blue exterior or a red interior. She says I have arrested growth, which may be true lol.

I’m treading carefully but just want to know if I’m an anomaly or not, I don’t think so, at least, hope I’m not.
I'm 60 - only wanted the ES FSport but found the red interior way too loud and thought I would be sick of it in the short term. I went with ultra white and black interior. Atomic silver was a close second for me.
Old 07-05-19, 12:24 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,349 Likes on 695 Posts

If red makes you feel sporty, go for it next time

I have the same combo as you, though, and I like it much more than red. The Atomic Silver and black combo is beautiful!

On a side note, I see you're in Idaho... is it true what they say, that Idaho, Boise in particular, is full of people from San Francisco and New York now?
Old 07-05-19, 12:57 PM
Drivelex
Driver School Candidate

Not sure about NY, but we have a ton of people from California, from SF to San Diego. I’ve also seen a lot of plates from Washington and Oregon. We are receiving about 2,000 people each month. Housing boom here.
Old 07-05-19, 12:58 PM
Drivelex
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply, your car sound amazing, happy for you.
Old 07-05-19, 01:42 PM
RJLsES
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm turning 73 this fall. My wife pushed for the red interior for my 2019 F-sport. She also pushed for me to consider the other two cars on my wish list, a Mustang GT and a Corvette.
Drivelex (07-05-19)
Old 07-05-19, 03:49 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

This color business gets just as silly as stating a car is a male’s car or a female’s car, or an older person’s car versus a young person’s car. Life is too short. You cannot get caught up in that nonsense. Just follow your heart.

I’m not quite 60 yet (57) but we just bought the car that appeals jointly to my wife and myself. The Boise dealer found our preferred colors in Tacoma and did a dealer trade. However, our NX is the red exterior but it is a very rich deep red so it isn’t a splashy color. Now with that said, I love the Ultrasonic Blue but it is only available on the F-Sport and we don’t care for the seats. The bottom line is buy the colors you like so you don’t have regrets.

As to the question about people from other states migrating to Idaho, yes I concur with Drivelex. The biggest problem is those folks still drive like they're in the big city. They aren’t always as courteous as native drivers and stop signs can be just a recommendation...

Last edited by TechNut; 07-05-19 at 06:17 PM.
Drivelex (07-05-19)
Old 07-05-19, 05:05 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,349 Likes on 695 Posts

Not sure about NY, but we have a ton of people from California, from SF to San Diego. I’ve also seen a lot of plates from Washington and Oregon. We are receiving about 2,000 people each month. Housing boom here.
Three of my coworkers just moved there this Summer. Two to Meridian and one to Eagle.

Hopefully all of the movers don't carry with them all the crap they're moving away from!

Originally Posted by RJLsES
I'm turning 73 this fall. My wife pushed for the red interior for my 2019 F-sport. She also pushed for me to consider the other two cars on my wish list, a Mustang GT and a Corvette.
My Corvette was my daily driver for 3 years... if it's on your wish list, I would recommend you GO FOR IT! It's an amazing car. Unless you're thinking of a classic Corvette I'd recommend picking up a clean used one. You'll still get "the experience" but you won't have to eat the massive depreciation.
Old 07-05-19, 05:39 PM
Drivelex
Driver School Candidate

Tell your wife, I love her. Lol
Old 07-05-19, 05:51 PM
Drivelex
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I agree, color preference is just, color preference. I live in Boise, and the traffic in Meridian has really gotten heavy, especially on Eagle road. Hope the cities are preparing for all the transplants.
Old 07-06-19, 04:38 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm 64 and love my F Sport in Nebula Gray with the red interior.
Drivelex (07-06-19)
Old 07-06-19, 06:03 AM
TrentYoung
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just turned 66 and I just gave up a 2016 C7 Corvette Stingray that was so very fast and visually stunning. Problem was... 1. Not too awfully comfortable on long trips. 2. Gas mileage was horrendous because I couldn't keep my foot out of it. 3. No safety devices. 4. Losing value ($30,000 in 3 years. 5. Never drove it because I am basically a Harley guy. So, I traded it in and got a 2019 Lexus 300h Ultra Luxury Edition.
Never bring the wife though.... Got it in the color Caviar (not my first choice) would have loved a more exotic color. The interior is Chateau semi-aniline leather with Linear Espresso wood trim. Looks good enough... but for some reason still didn't satisfy the kid in me.