Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by elliedad
Does your fSport have AVS?
My F Sport has AVS.
Old 04-26-19, 02:44 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts

Rather than just repair the rear rims, can they replace your rear wheels?

Having replaced your rear wheels, if the condition persists, ultimately there are very very small inaccuracies in the manufacture of each vehicle.
No two vehicles are ever absolutely 100% identical.
Even though I purchased brand new, I find my 4GS 3.5 V6 feels tighter and harsher than other 4GS 3.5 V6's at both idle, and wide opening throttle.
I also find it a tad thirstier too.
My old 3GS engine is smoother and more economical.
I have never complained about this, because I believe it is due to small variations between individual vehicles, and Lexus wouldn't be able to fix unless they gave me a brand new car.

Last edited by peteharvey; 04-26-19 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-26-19, 04:25 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,219 Likes on 634 Posts

UPDATE on Original Thread.

Had four new tires installed and 2 Rims Repaired. The dealer even invited me to the repair shop inside to check them do the road force tire balancing. The cars still vibrates above 50 MPH ever so slightly.
Yesterday, a Lexus engineer came to the dealership and he test drove my car and compared to his own 2019 ES 350 Fsport with about 850 miles on them. He also let me test drive his car as well. His car had the same vibration from all the roads but both of us realized mine was vibrating a little harsher. The Lexus Engineer tells me that the new ES f Sport's suspension is so tight that it will feel all the roads, but since mine was feeling alot more, he would take a look at it. So my car is in the shop for the 4th time is 6 weeks that I purchased the car.
The service manager asked me to test drive another car from his lot and that also had the same vibration. ( not as bad as mine )
They gave me a 2019 GS Fsport for a loaner and even though it has the same tire and firm suspension, that car is smooth.
Does any of you feel the vibration? If this is how the new ES fSport is supposed to feel, there is no way I can drive this car!!! My 6 year old daughter felt sick from all the vibration in the back seat while we were on a 2 hour road trip.
My F Sport with AVS has zero vibrations. Very, very smooth.
Old 04-28-19, 06:22 PM
elliedad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peteharvey
Rather than just repair the rear rims, can they replace your rear wheels?

Having replaced your rear wheels, if the condition persists, ultimately there are very very small inaccuracies in the manufacture of each vehicle.
No two vehicles are ever absolutely 100% identical.
Even though I purchased brand new, I find my 4GS 3.5 V6 feels tighter and harsher than other 4GS 3.5 V6's at both idle, and wide opening throttle.
I also find it a tad thirstier too.
My old 3GS engine is smoother and more economical.
I have never complained about this, because I believe it is due to small variations between individual vehicles, and Lexus wouldn't be able to fix unless they gave me a brand new car.
I have tried to get them to change the rims, but they swear it’s not the problem!!!
Haven’t heard from them since I left the car at Service, so I’m still waiting to see what they say now. Hopefully, I can get some resolution soon.
Old 04-28-19, 06:39 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

I have tried to get them to change the rims, but they swear it’s not the problem!!!
Haven’t heard from them since I left the car at Service, so I’m still waiting to see what they say now. Hopefully, I can get some resolution soon.
I've had several Lexus and F Sport models (not ES) and any (rare) vibration I had was tire/wheel related.

Since you hit a big pothole damaging the wheel, have them check the alignment, all suspension joints, and more importantly carefully inspect and possibly replace the lugs. The slightest unnoticeable bend of one lug will cause vibration, despite your wheels perfectly road force balanced.

Hope you get this resolved.

Edit: Also have them check the lateral performance damper. There have been cases with other Lexus models where the damper was defective. It is designed to absorb minute vibration at speed.

Good luck.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 04-28-19 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-28-19, 06:48 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

P.S. Lateral performance dampers, see here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...-packages.html
Old 04-29-19, 10:00 AM
elliedad
Driver School Candidate

I also thought there was a problem with the AVS/Dampers. I asked them to check them out. Hopefully, they will.
Thanks.
Old 05-01-19, 02:06 PM
elliedad
Driver School Candidate

So, after a week I get a call from the dealer and says that there's nothing they can find. And that the vibration is normal for ES F Sport. They want me to contact Lexus Corporate if I want to go further with this. Does anyone know who and how I can contact Lexus Corporate to handle my situation?
Old 05-01-19, 05:15 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,219 Likes on 634 Posts

So, after a week I get a call from the dealer and says that there's nothing they can find. And that the vibration is normal for ES F Sport. They want me to contact Lexus Corporate if I want to go further with this. Does anyone know who and how I can contact Lexus Corporate to handle my situation?
That sucks, good luck with Lexus Corporate. I don't know about contact method other than what google would return.

I do know that the vibration is NOT normal. I test drove an F Sport with AVS and purchased one, neither of them vibrated at any speed.
Old 05-01-19, 06:07 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,353 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Likely some damage from the pothole op hit. I had a brand new car years agob that had a vibration issue. Dealer could not figure it out but they acknowledged the issue was there. Four new tires finally solved the problem.
The following users liked this post:
elliedad (05-05-19)
Old 05-02-19, 07:33 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

so, after a week i get a call from the dealer and says that there's nothing they can find. And that the vibration is normal for es f sport. They want me to contact lexus corporate if i want to go further with this. Does anyone know who and how i can contact lexus corporate to handle my situation?
1-800-25-lexus
The following users liked this post:
elliedad (05-05-19)
Old 05-05-19, 07:25 PM
elliedad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
1-800-25-lexus
Thank you very much.
I have contacted Lexus corporate and received a call from one of there engineers. He will see what he can do and get back to me.
Hopefully, I will get this taken care of soon.
Old 05-05-19, 07:25 PM
elliedad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Likely some damage from the pothole op hit. I had a brand new car years agob that had a vibration issue. Dealer could not figure it out but they acknowledged the issue was there. Four new tires finally solved the problem.
They said they replaced all 4 tires with brand new ones.
Old 05-05-19, 08:02 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

They said they replaced all 4 tires with brand new ones.
I really think you should push for the dealer to swap out the damaged rims. At least take off from a loaner/used f-sport and test to see if it the vibrations go away with different rims. The dealer should at least rule out the damaged rims as the culprit.

Quick Reply: F Sport with AVS Vibration/Shaking