ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Finally Got My ES

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-19, 11:07 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Finally Got My ES

On Wednesday, after 6 months of waiting (special order was messed up), I finally got my ES. I love it!

A bit about my deal.

Model: ES 300h

Trim: Ultra Luxury

Interior: Black with linear espresso trim

Exterior: Nightfall Mica

Options: BSM package, noise reduction wheels, navigation with ML sound system, HUD and heated steering wheel. Basically everything but triple beam headlights.

MSRP: $53,080

After discount: $49,080

Out the door: $54,542

The car did have what looked like scratches on the hood which were easily buffed out before I left. There was also a VERY small dent on the roof on the drivers side above the rear door. The dealer said they will get it fixed.

Two of the biggest complaints I've read on here are people having wind noise from the driver side window and the quality of the sound system (both base and ML). I'm happy to report I don't have either of those problems. No wind noise. As far as the ML system it's GREAT. I'm actually typing this while sitting in the car because I don't want to stop listening to it.

The following users liked this post:
LexNYC83 (05-17-20)
Old 04-06-19, 04:39 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Sharp, good luck. Too bad in CA you need those awful front license plates.
Old 04-06-19, 06:04 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK with the new wheels...
Old 04-06-19, 06:52 AM
Gr8Car4Me
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations! Great color choice. When I bought there was not a nightfall mica on the lot and I didn’t appreciate how good they look especially out in the bright sunlight. If only I had known... Enjoy your new ride.
Old 04-06-19, 07:35 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Beautiful car! Congrats!!
jimv1983 (04-09-19)
Old 04-08-19, 08:23 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Congratulations! Nightfall Mica is beautiful!
jimv1983 (04-09-19)
Old 04-09-19, 03:22 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Question Jim...I see you bought from Hendrick. When you were being pitched the extended warranty by the finance guy did he pitch the Lexus product? I ask in that Hendrick has the Honda, Volvo, and Subaru dealers under Darrell Waltrip's name just south of us in Franklin. When my son bought a Subaru in late 2017, when the finance guy was pitching extended warranty we asked about the Subaru product and was told they were only allowed to sell the Hendrick extended warranty product. The finance guy said that he bought a Honda and even he could not purchase the HondaCare extended warranty.

Great looking car by the way. I was trying to update my wife's 13 ES300h, but no deals similar to what has been posted here have been available in my area.
Old 04-09-19, 08:29 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wasjr
Question Jim...I see you bought from Hendrick. When you were being pitched the extended warranty by the finance guy did he pitch the Lexus product? I ask in that Hendrick has the Honda, Volvo, and Subaru dealers under Darrell Waltrip's name just south of us in Franklin. When my son bought a Subaru in late 2017, when the finance guy was pitching extended warranty we asked about the Subaru product and was told they were only allowed to sell the Hendrick extended warranty product. The finance guy said that he bought a Honda and even he could not purchase the HondaCare extended warranty.

Great looking car by the way. I was trying to update my wife's 13 ES300h, but no deals similar to what has been posted here have been available in my area.
Sorry but I don't remember. I didn't get the extended warranty. I think the finance guy said it could be used at any Lexus dealer so I think that would mean it's directly from Lexus. It also might have been the pre-paid maintenance that was valid at any dealer. I didn't get that either.
Old 04-09-19, 08:34 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gr8Car4Me
Congratulations! Great color choice. When I bought there was not a nightfall mica on the lot and I didn’t appreciate how good they look especially out in the bright sunlight. If only I had known... Enjoy your new ride.
I special ordered because the 300h Ultra Luxury with all options expect for triple beam headlights and black interior was really hard to find. I would have settled for Caviar, Obsidian or Atomic Silver but since I was special ordering anyways I got the exact color I wanted.
Old 04-09-19, 09:10 PM
Hifiman1
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Crazy you didn't get triple beam headlights! That's definitely the #1 option to get.
TechNut (04-10-19)
Old 04-09-19, 09:13 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hifiman1
Crazy you didn't get triple beam headlights! That's definitely the #1 option to get.
Why is that the #1 option to get? Yeah, they look kind of cool but I don't spend much time looking at the headlights and the $1500 price didn't seem worth it to me. I didn't see the point. The regular headlights are just fine.

The Mark Levinson, BSM package and HUD were much more important to me since they are things that I actually notice.
Old 04-09-19, 11:46 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by jimv1983
Why is that the #1 option to get? Yeah, they look kind of cool but I don't spend much time looking at the headlights and the $1500 price didn't seem worth it to me. I didn't see the point. The regular headlights are just fine.

The Mark Levinson, BSM package and HUD were much more important to me since they are things that I actually notice.
Congrats on your new car! Love the blue.

Surprised the triple beams wasn’t in your UL order. Besides improving the looks of the front fascia, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rated the triple beams to be “good” while the standard headlights were only “acceptable.”
Old 04-10-19, 12:05 AM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dchar
Congrats on your new car! Love the blue.

Surprised the triple beams wasn’t in your UL order. Besides improving the looks of the front fascia, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rated the triple beams to be “good” while the standard headlights were only “acceptable.”
I didn't know the IIHS rated the triple beam better but I have no complaints. As far as making the car look better I guess I kind of agree but not enough to make it worth $1500 extra. I just didn't think it was worth it for what you get.
Old 04-10-19, 10:22 AM
kalel2127
Advanced

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Congrats on the new vehicle!!!

I have never noticed how much the front end changes without the triple beam headlights. For me, it was a must to have LED headlights and never looked at the standard headlights.

I love how bright the LED's are and when I flash the high beams to wake up the monkey driving in front of me, it just blows my mind how much brighter they get. I can see what their ancestors looked like
Old 04-10-19, 10:31 AM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kalel2127
Congrats on the new vehicle!!!

I have never noticed how much the front end changes without the triple beam headlights. For me, it was a must to have LED headlights and never looked at the standard headlights.

I love how bright the LED's are and when I flash the high beams to wake up the monkey driving in front of me, it just blows my mind how much brighter they get. I can see what their ancestors looked like
The standard headlights are LED as well. They are also very bright. The difference is the number of lights and the configuration. I didn't dislike the triple beam headlights I just thought the very minor (in my opinion) better look wasn't worth it to me for $1500. That's ridiculous. The HUD was only $500 and it actually improves my driving experience. An extra $1500 for a different layout of the headlights? That's just crazy in my opinion.

If they had been $500 I probably would have gotten that option.

Quick Reply: Finally Got My ES