***What did you do to your ES today?*** - Page 4 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

***What did you do to your ES today?***

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MSterling View Post
Please excuse my automobile ignorance, but what's a Coil?
Huh???????
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
MSterling
Driver School Candidate

My bad eyes.. I it says Oil. Not Coil. Well at least I know what Oil is.
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM
MSterling
Driver School Candidate

Here's an unexpected but maybe temporary improvement to the driving experience of my ES350 (not F). The other day I went to Costco, where we were picking up 5 cases of bottled water. I put them all in the trunk.
I immediately noticed, what I will call a more 'luxurious' ride. I did unload the water when I got home, but it got me thinking about how the weight back there in my opinion, made it a nicer ride.
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM
CJS57
Driver

BobbySokko and Dchar, Where does one get the add on chrome pieces for door handles and taillights? One picture looks like a rocker molding too.
Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CJS57 View Post
BobbySokko and Dchar, Where does one get the add on chrome pieces for door handles and taillights? One picture looks like a rocker molding too.
eBay or AliExpress...they are shipped from China so take a long time to get here.
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Gr8Car4Me
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikemu30 View Post
5,000 mile service for my ES today. I had them change the oil as well and they only charged me $50 for that. Couldnt stand the thought of waiting until 10k miles.
Mikemu30, Thanks for that. I was thinking the same thing, but came across articles from engine designers saying these modern engines with tight tolerances and full synthetic oil can go 10K, even for the first "break in" period. I'm tracking for the 5K service in July, 10K will probably be December. Sorry, but I'm not OK with the oil sitting in a brand new engine for what I estimate to be 15 months (don't know the exact manufacture date, but I'm guessing Sept/Oct 2018). I'm going to change my oil at 5K also. I wonder if I'll get a $50 price. That strikes me as a good price for a full synthetic oil change.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gr8Car4Me View Post
Mikemu30, Thanks for that. I was thinking the same thing, but came across articles from engine designers saying these modern engines with tight tolerances and full synthetic oil can go 10K, even for the first "break in" period. I'm tracking for the 5K service in July, 10K will probably be December. Sorry, but I'm not OK with the oil sitting in a brand new engine for what I estimate to be 15 months (don't know the exact manufacture date, but I'm guessing Sept/Oct 2018). I'm going to change my oil at 5K also. I wonder if I'll get a $50 price. That strikes me as a good price for a full synthetic oil change.
Its normally $100 but the service guy gave me some coupon knowing I requested a billable service for what would have been a zero charge. Ive also purchased two cars from them in two years so maybe some customer loyalty. In any event, I'll sleep better knowing its been changed and I certainly find it hard to believe the filter is will be doing a good job by 10k miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: