ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 ES driver side window area wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-19, 08:27 AM
cstone3636
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
I checked the Lexus database for TSB's for 2019 ES 350 cars. There are two, one for seat memory and one for knee air bags. No mention of window noise, acoustic glass, or anything related to this issue. Maybe it's too soon and it hasn't been updated yet...
Yeah probably hasn't been advertised to widely yet I'd say but what I can tell you is Lexus is coming to my house on Thursday to pick up the car from 45 miles away to repair it so I'd say they have something on the computer system because I'm not paying for it. Will update once I get it back.
Old 05-13-19, 11:45 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by cstone3636
Mine is getting picked up next Thursday for repairs. I'll let you all know.
I'm having the same issue now which didn't seem to occur when I first got the car back on April 3rd. Did you get yours fixed yet? Can you take pictures of what the fix looks like?

Originally Posted by bc6152
I checked the Lexus database for TSB's for 2019 ES 350 cars. There are two, one for seat memory and one for knee air bags. No mention of window noise, acoustic glass, or anything related to this issue. Maybe it's too soon and it hasn't been updated yet...
Where is the database for the "TSB"?
Old 05-24-19, 10:13 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,238 Likes on 870 Posts

Yeah probably hasn't been advertised to widely yet I'd say but what I can tell you is Lexus is coming to my house on Thursday to pick up the car from 45 miles away to repair it so I'd say they have something on the computer system because I'm not paying for it. Will update once I get it back.
We're all waiting for an update on the wind noise fix since Lexus picked your car up two weeks ago. Also, do you have the TSB number?
Old 05-24-19, 02:19 PM
cstone3636
Driver

Well all here is the update. Lets just say I haven't been in the mood to type this all out after this fiasco the last couple weeks on this window noise issue. Basically the dealership came and picked up the car and left me one to drive. Started off good as they took the initiative to get a hold of me on the issue after I spoke to them about it at a service appt. I asked if it was a TSB and was told that it's not an "Official" TSB but more of a bulletin to the dealership service managers that if this issue shows up to order the Accoustic Glass. So that explains why you guys haven't saw it as a TSB. After a few days of not hearing anything about my car I was advised were having a hard time getting a hold of the local rep who could authorize the repair as I had window tint on the windows and they wanted to make sure they would be reimbursed. I explained that I'm in management myself and that if someone can't get a hold of me that there is someone over me that can be called and that they could probably do the same. I explained if it was such an issue with the tint be on the window to go ahead and remove the tint as it didn't matter anyway. After 4-5 days that got resolved and they delivered my car back to the house with 3 out of 4 windows tinted. No tint on the left front driver window but with Acoustic glass now. Needless to say I wasn't too happy and the service guy at the dealership said they couldn't re-tint it because the dealership wouldn't get reimbursed. Why I'm even having to suggest that isn't the way to handle business being a Lexus I have no idea. So my thoughts were to the effect that I bought this car from a dealership that tints all the cars windows already and its on the invoice so why do I have to pay for it again when you just warranty replaced the window??? Not only that, the noise was reduced greatly on the driver side but I had told them it was on the passenger side also and asked why that one didn't get done? They said try it out and see if you like it better before we do the other one. So here we go again, I told them it helped and I wanted the passenger side done as well. They said can you bring it to us as we don't have a car available which is BS but whatever. I wasn't trying to drive around long with only 1 window being un-tinted. Set up an appointment and talked to a buddy who works at another Lexus Dealership in Ohio who I've dealt with in the past. He agreed this was not the appropriate way to handle the warranty work and that they should have re-tinted the window(s) and to call the Lexus Complaint and Resolution Center "800-255-3987". I talked to a nice lady for all of 3 minutes and she was pretty much like yeah your not paying to have that tint replaced. She advised me that after they replaced the passenger side window and I got both re-tinted to send the invoice and they would take care of it. This was last Saturday so I got both things done and sent the necessary info to Lexus. Received a call from a case worker who verified my concerns and issues and advised Lexus would be mailing me the check out for the price of the tint within 7 days. Not sure why the Dealership couldn't have handled this in the expedient professional manner these folks did. Dealership was worried about that survey though if I got one and wanted to be sure to remind me that my complaints or concerns would reflect on the service guy. To his credit I told him I appreciated him checking into the noise issue in the first place but his managers who were making the decisions after the vehicle was brought in I didn't appreciate their help as much. I did in fact get a survey and will be working on that over the weekend. So to sum this up everyone. Go in and complain about your window noise, they will replace it with acoustic glass and it will sound better. My wife and son both agree it's a lot better. Will a $50k ES350 be completely whisper quiet. No it's not going to be and I'm not naive enough to believe that. Lexus has done a great job of insulating the floor area which now you notice the side wind noise more so than in the past with the older designs and I'm sure will make the necessary adjustments to cut this wind noise down in the future with a tweak of the mirrors or using acoustic glass all the way around. It's pretty easy for me to notice the differences as I have a 2014 ES as well and this acoustic glass and bottom insulation makes a huge difference. I'm guessing if I go tell them that I want the rear windows replaced they won't blink an eye but honestly I"m pretty happy with the improvements they have made on the fronts. Feel free to continue sharing thoughts and experiences on this. Best of luck to everyone.
Old 07-10-19, 04:40 PM
joeshome
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my 6 month service today and complained about the drivers side window noise along with several other issues. Their techs drove the car and said the noise was coming from the air being buffeted by the drivers side mirror. I showed him the post regarding a TSB for the problem. Their response was no TSB was found.

Can anyone come up with any data to show to the dealer.

Thanks,

Joe
Old 07-18-19, 03:47 PM
cstone3636
Driver

Originally Posted by joeshome
I had my 6 month service today and complained about the drivers side window noise along with several other issues. Their techs drove the car and said the noise was coming from the air being buffeted by the drivers side mirror. I showed him the post regarding a TSB for the problem. Their response was no TSB was found.

Can anyone come up with any data to show to the dealer.

Thanks,

Joe
From what I was told there is not an Official TSB but there is a bulletin that is out about this issue that the Managers have access to They wouldn't have replaced my windows with acoustic glass for free if it wasn't out. Matter of fact they tried to act like it was normal noise. Funny thing is I got a call from a Lexus salesman I'm friends with from another dealership in Ohio who just got his new 2019 ES and he remembered me telling him about this. He called to say he has the same issue and wanted to know the details so he can get his checked out and handled. Good luck, maybe try another dealer if they won't help you. Have them call Lexus of Dayton as they were the ones who repaired mine.
Old 02-17-20, 05:50 AM
BrendaT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 ES350 Driver's side noice

Yes, I have the same problem at highway speeds. I've learned that it's a wind noice. It's frustrating and annoying...we buy/lease Lexus vehicles because they are a quiet ride but not this one. I've complained about it to our dealership a couple times and have been told that there is nothing wrong with cabin and that they'd reach out to engineering to see what could be done. I hope they can fix it because up till now, I've been a very satisfied Lexus customer.
Old 02-17-20, 06:08 AM
BrendaT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's side noice

I cannot get used to the noice either! Personally, one of the qualities I most liked of Lexus vehicles is that they are quiet. -For sure, this one is not. I hope they can figure it out and correct it b/c up till now, I have been a satisfied Lexus customer.

QUOTE=cstone3636;10403864]I went and drove another 2019 that was new at the dealership the other day. Same exact amount of wind noise coming from the driver side upper window area. I guess I"m going to sit back and wait to see what transpires with this. The service manager checked the computer to see if any bulletins have came out yet and he said nothing is out. Pretty damn disappointing is all I can say.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by oreokid24
I too noticed wind noise coming from the drivers side. I thought it was the front windshield top R corner, but couldn't really tell. Have not noticed it in my 2016 ES. I'll check the driver's window and see if pushing on it makes a difference. Definitely noticeable at highway speed.
Originally Posted by yeehawtx
Does anyone know who to contact with this matter or who to send the email to? I am trying to be ok with the noise but I'm not getting used to it nor the idea that I paid 44K for my car to sound so loud. If those of us that are having this issue keep poking, maybe we'll get a better response than "the car checked out fine."
Old 02-17-20, 08:34 AM
cstone3636
Driver

BrendaT, I would insist that the glass be replaced with Acoustic Glass as that was done to mine and you will again be riding in a quiet vehicle. I just traded in that 2019 Premium package for another 2019 Luxury version that has Acoustic Glass all the way around and it is very quiet as we expect it to be. Despite what the dealership tells you there is some sort of bulletin accessible by service personnel that deals with this issue. If you don't have any luck with them call the Lexus Corporate Resolution number at 800-255-3987 which I also had to do and they were very professional and handled my issues that were documented in this thread. Hope this helps and you get the issue resolved as I fully understand your frustration with it.
Old 02-17-20, 03:05 PM
UKEE
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

BrendaT, I would insist that the glass be replaced with Acoustic Glass as that was done to mine and you will again be riding in a quiet vehicle. I just traded in that 2019 Premium package for another 2019 Luxury version that has Acoustic Glass all the way around and it is very quiet as we expect it to be. Despite what the dealership tells you there is some sort of bulletin accessible by service personnel that deals with this issue. If you don't have any luck with them call the Lexus Corporate Resolution number at 800-255-3987 which I also had to do and they were very professional and handled my issues that were documented in this thread. Hope this helps and you get the issue resolved as I fully understand your frustration with it.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that your Luxury edition has acoustic glass? I have a luxury (2019) ES300h and would like to know!

Thanks
Old 02-17-20, 04:54 PM
Tootsall
Instructor

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by UKEE
Out of curiosity, how do you know that your Luxury edition has acoustic glass? I have a luxury (2019) ES300h and would like to know!

Thanks
Look at the top edge of the side window...if it is laminated you should be able to spot the two layers of glass separated by the acoustic membrane. Also you can see if the word “Lamisafe” is printed on the glass. See this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...indshield.html (posts 7 and 30) where some of the different types of glass labels are shown.
The following users liked this post:
UKEE (02-17-20)
Old 02-17-20, 04:55 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

Thanks
It's obvious if you look at it when slightly opened. It will look like 2 pieces of glass glued together. Here's what it looks like on my 6th gen:

UKEE (02-17-20)
Old 02-17-20, 05:16 PM
UKEE
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I just checked my 2019 ES300h Luxury and the front two windows are Lamisafe and the rear seem to be regular glass. You can see the seam on the front windows but not on the rear.

From what I have read, this makes a big difference on wind noise?

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-17-20, 07:52 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

I just checked my 2019 ES300h Luxury and the front two windows are Lamisafe and the rear seem to be regular glass. You can see the seam on the front windows but not on the rear.

From what I have read, this makes a big difference on wind noise?

Thanks everyone!
I believe laminated front windows are now standard on the Luxury package. I’m pretty sure it stated that feature right on the sticker.
UKEE (02-17-20)
Old 04-25-20, 10:46 AM
TwelveBrav
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Wind Noise Issue Found by Dealership

Do any of you guys / gals that have purchased a 2019 ES 350 have any issues with wind noise coming from your driver side window? I've been noticing it on mine more than what I would like to hear. The same noise is not noticeable from the passenger side. Will be having them check it at the first service.

Dealership responded to wind noise issue on driver’s side window.
Took my car to the dealer to diagnose excessive wind noise when driving at 70mph. They tested another 2019, and found the same issue with that car. They called corporate Lexus for direction and this is the solution they found. Loaner car is a 2020 ES and it doesn’t have the wind noise that my 2019 has. Hope this helps! Will post redacted service ticket once I verified the issue has been resolved.

Quick Reply: 2019 ES driver side window area wind noise