ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

Something that annoys you or you love?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-19, 06:16 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,570 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by Hanky
I was on vacation, without the car and tried to use the app to start the car, after a few weeks, to let the battery charge. It failed to start. I was told that after one week, without being started with the app, someone has to enter the car, before the app will work again. Not good if you're on a long cruise vacation with no cell service.
Probably some other security feature - who knows. Don't worry about your car while you're on a long cruise
The following users liked this post:
imz14u2nv (03-21-19)
Old 03-21-19, 01:14 PM
Gr8Car4Me
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hanky
I was on vacation, without the car and tried to use the app to start the car, after a few weeks, to let the battery charge. It failed to start. I was told that after one week, without being started with the app, someone has to enter the car, before the app will work again. Not good if you're on a long cruise vacation with no cell service.
My Friend's Hyundai Genesis had the same feature. After a week his car turned off the cell phone radio. The Hyundai manual stated that it turned off the cell phone radio after a week to preserve the battery. I'd imagine it would eventually completely drain the battery if left on long enough. Seems our cars work the same way.
Hanky (03-21-19)
Old 03-22-19, 03:56 AM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Cruise control buttons suck compared to the separate "stalk" arrangement on earlier cars.
UKEE (08-28-19)
Old 03-22-19, 05:00 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,570 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by CJS57
Cruise control buttons suck compared to the separate "stalk" arrangement on earlier cars.
I prefer the buttons on the new ES to the stalk on our RX.
Old 03-22-19, 05:51 AM
pgiinc
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CJS57
I kind of agree I can not get used to iy I have to look at it to see what I am doing all the time

Philip
2019 ES300h UL
eminent white pearl/chateau
2019 NX300h L
eminent white pearl/crème
gone
2016 ES300h UL eminent white pearl/parchment
2015 NX300h L atomic silver/black

Old 03-23-19, 08:25 AM
Truly55
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
Solution for door is remove plastic flap, get Sandisk Ultra fit flash drive (if you want something on usb) and get 90° usb cable with a low profile. Door closes fine.
Thanks for the details of the cable. Yes, fit’s fine and works perfectly with my iPhone XS Max but the cover gets stuck when I press the release button as the cable wedges it shut. You’ve got to assist the cover with opening. It almost needs like 1mm shaving off the underside of the cover in one area to free the cable. Does anyone else have the same experience with the cover becoming a bit stuck and it slightly pinching the braided cable?
MSterling (03-23-19)
Old 03-23-19, 11:15 AM
jfz219
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the same Sandisk and cable. Reverse the direction of the cable. Mine opens and closes easily.

Last edited by jfz219; 03-23-19 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-23-19, 11:29 AM
LeeSoFL
Advanced

Received 222 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Truly55

Thanks for the details of the cable. Yes, fit’s fine and works perfectly with my iPhone XS Max but the cover gets stuck when I press the release button as the cable wedges it shut. You’ve got to assist the cover with opening. It almost needs like 1mm shaving off the underside of the cover in one area to free the cable. Does anyone else have the same experience with the cover becoming a bit stuck and it slightly pinching the braided cable?
The lid is a bit snug when getting it open, but you could use a thin, round file and remove a bit of the lip of the lid. Does your XS fit in the slot designed for phones? I have an XR with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid case and it just fits the slot. When I use the USB, the 90° cable is downward. It's probably not the best idea to have the phone sit on the connector, but the only option is to turn the phone upside down with the connector at the top.

If you do some filing on the lid, let's hear how it goes.
MSterling (03-23-19)
Old 03-23-19, 02:42 PM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Love the power trunk lift and close...
Old 03-23-19, 04:11 PM
Truly55
Rookie

Originally Posted by jfz219
I have the same Sandisk and cable. Reverse the direction of the cable. Mine opens and closes easily.
Wonder why yours opens fine and the ES I was in today jammed the lid tight with the same cable. Have you found an area of the lid that accepts the cable better?
Thanks
Old 03-23-19, 04:20 PM
Truly55
Rookie

Originally Posted by LeeSoFL
The lid is a bit snug when getting it open, but you could use a thin, round file and remove a bit of the lip of the lid. Does your XS fit in the slot designed for phones? I have an XR with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid case and it just fits the slot. When I use the USB, the 90° cable is downward. It's probably not the best idea to have the phone sit on the connector, but the only option is to turn the phone upside down with the connector at the top.

If you do some filing on the lid, let's hear how it goes.
Sorry, I didn’t try the slot but looking at it I’d be surprised if my phone went in there. I’d be leaving my phone either on the front passenger seat or in the rearward cup holder area. I was trying the cable in the dealers demo as I’m waiting delivery of my ES but I may explore shaving a tiny bit off the underside of the lid when mine arrives which looks like being late July / early August.☹️ By then I might as well wait until September to get the new ‘69’ number plate. (UK car).

Old 03-23-19, 07:08 PM
Gr8Car4Me
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a 350 UL and got to say that I LOVE how quiet the ride is. After 3 months it isn't something I've gotten used to or am taking for granted. The quiet ride is something I notice and enjoy every time I take a trip in the car.
Old 03-23-19, 08:19 PM
imz14u2nv
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gr8Car4Me
I have a 350 UL and got to say that I LOVE how quiet the ride is. After 3 months it isn't something I've gotten used to or am taking for granted. The quiet ride is something I notice and enjoy every time I take a trip in the car.
Agreed, it is so much quieter than the previous generations and you are absolutely right, every time I drive it, that is something that strikes me again and again....Really Nice!!!
Old 03-24-19, 12:34 AM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Gr8Car4Me
There is a thread on here about several people having a lot of wind noise coming from what seems like the driver's window. I'm guessing you don't have this issue? I don't have my ES yet (it's on the boat right now) but I didn't hear it on the two I test drove.
Old 03-24-19, 07:47 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I have no intention of minimizing the drivers side wind noise people are talking about, but I’ve wondered if it’s even more annoying because the car is so quiet otherwise.

Quick Reply: Something that annoys you or you love?