Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Protective accessories for ES300H

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-16, 06:42 AM
nid15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Protective accessories for ES300H

Hello,

I just picked up my new lease on saturday. 3y-15k/y Matador red 300H with black interior. This is my first lease and I am wondering what can I do to protect it without going overboard. Have a 4.5 year old who loves kicking the back seat! I don't have the paint protection film and I see on the forums that people have mixed opinions. I did not get either the additional scratch and dent or tire protection. I did notice that the car lips are quite low. Any tips will be appreciated.

Thank You
Old 08-29-16, 06:56 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Congratulations on the new car - You can get a pair of seat back protectors on Amazon for not much money. I thought they sounded like a dumb idea but they work and are easily removable. If you haven't already figured this out, there is nothing you can do to get a 3 year old not to kick the seat.

Dave Mac
Old 08-29-16, 05:15 PM
nid15
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Yes, I do have those on my other cars. Do you recommend any particular brand? My experience with 2 from amazon has been that the strap becomes loose and it never remain tightly fitting to the back seat. Then the little one figures out there is some room to get you leg into it and he makes sure that the whole purpose of cover is sabotaged.

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
Congratulations on the new car - You can get a pair of seat back protectors on Amazon for not much money. I thought they sounded like a dumb idea but they work and are easily removable. If you haven't already figured this out, there is nothing you can do to get a 3 year old not to kick the seat.

Dave Mac
Old 08-29-16, 06:46 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I definitely recommend a seatback protector. The soft rubber/plastic material on the back is easily scuffed and it looks terrible when scratched, especially if you have a dark interior.
Old 08-29-16, 08:25 PM
nid15
Driver School Candidate

What about flexyframe? I don't have the front plates yet so not sure if will be the furthest part of the body or the lower lip will be the one.

Old 08-31-16, 12:15 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

When my kid was little I used both a seat protector under the car seat/booster seat, AND a seat back protector behind the front seat to protect from shoe marks. I dont remember what brand, but I think most are flimsy with straps or tie strings. You just have to keep re-tightening them periodically. But it works well.
Also, the rear leg room on the ES300h is quite good - not sure how big he/she is, but try having him/her sit behind passenger seat then move the passenger seat all the way forward so feet cannot reach?
As for external protection, I never have bought any of the extra things (but then I purchase, not lease)

Originally Posted by nid15
Thanks. Yes, I do have those on my other cars. Do you recommend any particular brand? My experience with 2 from amazon has been that the strap becomes loose and it never remain tightly fitting to the back seat. Then the little one figures out there is some room to get you leg into it and he makes sure that the whole purpose of cover is sabotaged.