ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

To Nuluxe or not to Nuluxe!?!?!? that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 12:06 PM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by KennyLexus
I had a base model '13 ES350 loaner with nuluxe seats for 4 days before I got my car. I thought the seats were very comfortable and looked incredible. They were way better than the leatherette seats I had in my Audi.
I wonder if Lexus had just called them "Leatherette", like Audi & BMW, would we have all this discussion?
Old 06-28-13, 01:34 PM
Bower
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have simply never had leather seats in a car period, now that im older (36) I want a comfy car for my commute, I figured I would be getting leather, I even thought I was sitting on leather during the test drive. Until I read up on the interior, got me a bit bummed out and has me looking harder at the Avalon... I am somewhat frugal with spending and I am all about getting what I pay for, I need to make the right decision. I don't make as much as most people in these forums so I can only afford so much, i'm not willing to spend more than 35k for a car at this point.
Old 06-28-13, 01:49 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Bower
I have simply never had leather seats in a car period, now that im older (36) I want a comfy car for my commute, I figured I would be getting leather, I even thought I was sitting on leather during the test drive. Until I read up on the interior, got me a bit bummed out and has me looking harder at the Avalon... I am somewhat frugal with spending and I am all about getting what I pay for, I need to make the right decision. I don't make as much as most people in these forums so I can only afford so much, i'm not willing to spend more than 35k for a car at this point.
Since this seems to be a big issue for you it might be best to get the Avalon or even something else within the budget that has leather. There are a lot of good choices out there.
Old 06-28-13, 02:11 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Since this seems to be a big issue for you it might be best to get the Avalon or even something else within the budget that has leather. There are a lot of good choices out there.
I agree. Have you considered a CPO Lexus?
Old 06-28-13, 02:42 PM
Bower
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike728
I agree. Have you considered a CPO Lexus?
CPO? what is that? I should also add that I will be buying certified with up to 10k miles on it (possibly a demo) in order to get it in my price range.
Old 06-28-13, 02:53 PM
txes
Lead Lap

Certified Pre Owned

John
Old 06-28-13, 02:57 PM
txes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jim256
I wonder if Lexus had just called them "Leatherette", like Audi & BMW, would we have all this discussion?
Only BMW's site mentions leatherette. Audi says leather seating areas.

John
Old 06-28-13, 04:45 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by txes
Only BMW's site mentions leatherette. Audi says leather seating areas.

John
A lot of MB models come with MB Tex (I think that's the name) with leather as an option.
Old 06-30-13, 08:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I agree...if $35k is the budget the ES is out, even CPO you're not going to get a model with leather (luxury package) at that price probably. I'm consistently astonished with what "nearly new" cars sell for retail...

Have you looked at the Hyundai Genesis? I might consider a loaded Honda Accord in that range too.
Old 07-01-13, 05:28 AM
Bower
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I agree...if $35k is the budget the ES is out, even CPO you're not going to get a model with leather (luxury package) at that price probably. I'm consistently astonished with what "nearly new" cars sell for retail...

Have you looked at the Hyundai Genesis? I might consider a loaded Honda Accord in that range too.
Test drove the new accord and it was a rough ride, test drove the genesis and it wasn't comfortable, test drove the Lexus es350 and fell in love with the squishy drive, I have been looking into buying demoes and CPO which I do with any vehicles, I never buy brand new. I am waiting until the end of the year to strike up a deal. I have gotten them to go down quite a bit already. Will keep yall posted.
Old 07-01-13, 07:34 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bower
Test drove the new accord and it was a rough ride, test drove the genesis and it wasn't comfortable, test drove the Lexus es350 and fell in love with the squishy drive, I have been looking into buying demoes and CPO which I do with any vehicles, I never buy brand new. I am waiting until the end of the year to strike up a deal. I have gotten them to go down quite a bit already. Will keep yall posted.
Sounds like Goldielocks, and the Lexus was just right. You should be able to get a good CPO service or managers vehicle with the end of the model year almost here. But keep in mind, CPO may not get you the discount you were looking for.
Old 09-02-16, 07:09 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

any long term followup comments from 2013 owners with Nuluxe? any durability issues?
Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Our ES has NuLuxe and we are very happy with it. Very comfortable and looks great. Don't listen to those who will tell you they look cheap and smell funny. Look for yourself - I think you'll be more than satisfied with it. Good luck!
Old 09-02-16, 09:44 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
any long term followup comments from 2013 owners with Nuluxe? any durability issues?
We only had the 13 ES with nuluxe for about 18 months but we have nothing bad to report. The seats were comfortable, easy to clean, and looked great.
Old 09-02-16, 04:30 PM
modad
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I found out my 2016 had Nuluxe after 2 weeks. Thought it was leather! At first I was bummed, but after the research and remembering what the leather in my RX looked like after 3 years, I think I'm glad it is Nuluxe. Time will tell....
Old 09-02-16, 06:06 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks. Are Lexus using cheaper quality leather than they used to? Because te leather in my 10 year old ES still is in pretty good shape! (Hope I get good $$ for the trade in). Surprised you had leather in bad shape after 3 years !
Originally Posted by modad
I found out my 2016 had Nuluxe after 2 weeks. Thought it was leather! At first I was bummed, but after the research and remembering what the leather in my RX looked like after 3 years, I think I'm glad it is Nuluxe. Time will tell....

Quick Reply: To Nuluxe or not to Nuluxe!?!?!? that is the question.