ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-17, 10:29 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by ericntbe
Hey guys, this is my 2014 ES350. Basically fully loaded. I am trying to tune my car but it’s so hard to find people who have attempted to tune up this car. If anyone here knows anything about compatibility with parts please help. Thank you. My goal is to atleast pump out 350-400 horsepower 🤞🏽
350-400hp in a FWD car with skinny OEM size tires sounds like a recipe for crazy wheel spin and that's it...it will definitely struggle to put the power down.
Old 11-14-17, 10:42 AM
soonerfan1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from Oklahoma

New forum user (previously wildcatmom)
2016 ES350 Ultra Luxury Package
Matador Red
Flaxen with Matte Honey Bamboo trim
L certified 200K warranty
Still loving my car, glad I chose it over Honda accord touring
Previously owned '06 IS250 '07 GX470

Last edited by soonerfan1; 11-14-17 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-14-17, 05:24 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerfan1
New forum user (previously wildcatmom)
2016 ES350 Ultra Luxury Package
Matador Red
Flaxen with Matte Honey Bamboo trim
L certified 200K warranty
Still loving my car, glad I chose it over Honda accord touring
Previously owned '06 IS250 '07 GX470
Congratulations!
The following users liked this post:
soonerfan1 (11-14-17)
Old 01-03-18, 07:47 PM
nolaborn
Driver School Candidate

Default New Lexus -- ES 350

Purchased my 2018 Lexus ES 350 right before Christmas. Decided it was time to get a new car and thought this was the best option. Not really a carophile but looking for reliability and longevity -- tend to drive my cars forever.
ES 350 Nebula Gray, Black Interior, Maple wood
Luxury package + Panoramic + 18 inch wheels + Mark Levison Audio + a bunch of stuff I haven't even discovered yet.
Old 01-04-18, 04:47 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by nolaborn
Purchased my 2018 Lexus ES 350 right before Christmas. Decided it was time to get a new car and thought this was the best option. Not really a carophile but looking for reliability and longevity -- tend to drive my cars forever.
Luxury package + Panoramic + 18 inch wheels + Mark Levison Audio + a bunch of stuff I haven't even discovered yet.
Welcome and congrats!
Old 01-04-18, 07:35 PM
michaelpsu
Driver School Candidate

Default My First Lexus

After three years of owning what Motor Trend called a 'worthy ES350 competitor' (2014 LaCrosse), I bought my first Lexus three weeks ago.

2016 ES350 in Silver Lining Metallic with 16K miles
Blind Spot Monitoring, 17" Split Spoke Wheels, Lexus Safety System+, Rear Sunshade, Luxury Package, Navigation/ML Audio, Intuitive Parking Assist, Panorama Glass Roof, Rain Sensing Wipers, Heated/Wood Steering Wheel, All-Weather Mats, Trunk Mat/Cargo Net/Wheel Locks/Rear Bumper Applique

After seeing it online--and doing a little research online--I stopped at the dealer for a test drive. The ES was priced fairly, they offered a very good trade-in for the LaCrosse. Coupled with the L-Certified benefits, I couldn't pass it up. I've put 800 miles on it and so far, so good. I want to add a few accessories, either on my own (when Central PA weather warms up) or when it goes in for the 20K service. I'm looking forward to learning from the expertise on this forum!
Old 01-05-18, 04:44 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by michaelpsu
After three years of owning what Motor Trend called a 'worthy ES350 competitor' (2014 LaCrosse), I bought my first Lexus three weeks ago.

2016 ES350 in Silver Lining Metallic with 16K miles
Blind Spot Monitoring, 17" Split Spoke Wheels, Lexus Safety System+, Rear Sunshade, Luxury Package, Navigation/ML Audio, Intuitive Parking Assist, Panorama Glass Roof, Rain Sensing Wipers, Heated/Wood Steering Wheel, All-Weather Mats, Trunk Mat/Cargo Net/Wheel Locks/Rear Bumper Applique

After seeing it online--and doing a little research online--I stopped at the dealer for a test drive. The ES was priced fairly, they offered a very good trade-in for the LaCrosse. Coupled with the L-Certified benefits, I couldn't pass it up. I've put 800 miles on it and so far, so good. I want to add a few accessories, either on my own (when Central PA weather warms up) or when it goes in for the 20K service. I'm looking forward to learning from the expertise on this forum!
welcome and congrats!

Are you sure you don't have a UL? I've never seen a Lux with ML audio. Do you have the driver's seat cushion extender? That would be the easy conformation.

Edit: Actually, I've also never seen a UL with 17" wheels, unless they were swapped, either.
Old 01-07-18, 11:50 AM
rriccardi
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by nolaborn
WoW you got her fully loaded! congrats! I have a 2017 and purchased it because of longevity and reliability just like you. I tend to keep my cars for a long time also. My dad has a 1999 LS400 that is still running strong and is still ultra reliable. You cannot beat Lexus for that!
Old 01-08-18, 06:11 AM
robagt
Driver School Candidate

Default 17 inch wheels on ES350

Originally Posted by Mike728
welcome and congrats!

Are you sure you don't have a UL? I've never seen a Lux with ML audio. Do you have the driver's seat cushion extender? That would be the easy conformation.

Edit: Actually, I've also never seen a UL with 17" wheels, unless they were swapped, either.
7 inch wheels on ES350.
I bought a fully equipped 2017 ES350 and it came with 18 inch wheels which I absolutely dislike because not enough rubber and greater chance of damaging wheel when hitting a curb. i told the dealer that I will only buy the car if they switch to 17 inch wheels and after my insistence they change the wheels. Of course they had to make changes to the speedometer and odometer settings but they did it.

robagt
Old 01-08-18, 06:40 AM
hisstojay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by robagt
7 inch wheels on ES350.
I bought a fully equipped 2017 ES350 and it came with 18 inch wheels which I absolutely dislike because not enough rubber and greater chance of damaging wheel when hitting a curb. i told the dealer that I will only buy the car if they switch to 17 inch wheels and after my insistence they change the wheels. Of course they had to make changes to the speedometer and odometer settings but they did it.

robagt
Nice one!!! Congrats
Old 01-08-18, 06:43 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by robagt
robagt
I love my 18's and have no issues with damage, but I'm glad they accommodated your request. BTW, there is no re-calibrating needed when switching between the 2 factory tire/wheel sizes. They calculate to roughly the same circumference.
Old 01-08-18, 07:22 AM
hisstojay
Pole Position

I love my 18's and have no issues with damage, but I'm glad they accommodated your request. BTW, there is no re-calibrating needed when switching between the 2 factory tire/wheel sizes. They calculate to roughly the same circumference.
Thanks Mike728, I was about asking "Why the need for resetting/re-calibration since both 17" and 18" are OEM factory standardized...?" There wouldn't be any need.

Thanks
Old 01-10-18, 08:43 PM
michaelpsu
Driver School Candidate

welcome and congrats!

Nope...no driver's seat cushion extender. Ditto the ambient lighting--which after driving the LaCrosse which had it everywhere, makes me feel like I'm in a cave at night. I hope someone comes up with a way to add some to a Luxury model and I can follow in their footsteps!
Old 01-30-18, 11:16 PM
LexiGirl63
Driver School Candidate

Hi Everyone -

I'm new here. I just purchased my 3rd Certified Pre-Owned Lexus. My first one was a beautiful Sapphire Blue Metallic 1994 ES 300 with a blue leather interior. It was two years old with 35,000 miles when I purchased it. I drove it for seven years before I was involved a four-car pileup on an LA freeway, (no injuries!). The insurance company declared it a loss so I went out and purchased a second one - a beautiful Hunter Green Metallic 1999 ES 300 with a tan interior. This car was four years old with only 13,000 miles on it. I drove it for 15 years when the transmission started to go out. I really wanted to get another five years out of this car as I absolutely loved this car, (I get attached to my cars), and I love not having car payments. My mechanic told me it would be stupid to pay $3,500 for a new transmission when the car is not even worth that much. He offered to purchase it for $1,000. Hmmm...more on that later. The odometer rolled over to 186,001 when I pulled up to his shop to drop off the car. This leads me to my third car - a Nebula Gray 2014 ES 350 with a light gray interior and 34,000 miles. I am experiencing culture shock as I suddenly went from driving a 1999 to a 2014. Everything is different - except for the same smooth ride. My next car will also be another Lexus. I can't imagine driving anything else.
Old 01-31-18, 03:52 AM
hisstojay
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by LexiGirl63
Hi Everyone -

I'm new here. I just purchased my 3rd Certified Pre-Owned Lexus. My first one was a beautiful Sapphire Blue Metallic 1994 ES 300 with a blue leather interior. It was two years old with 35,000 miles when I purchased it. I drove it for seven years before I was involved a four-car pileup on an LA freeway, (no injuries!). The insurance company declared it a loss so I went out and purchased a second one - a beautiful Hunter Green Metallic 1999 ES 300 with a tan interior. This car was four years old with only 13,000 miles on it. I drove it for 15 years when the transmission started to go out. I really wanted to get another five years out of this car as I absolutely loved this car, (I get attached to my cars), and I love not having car payments. My mechanic told me it would be stupid to pay $3,500 for a new transmission when the car is not even worth that much. He offered to purchase it for $1,000. Hmmm...more on that later. The odometer rolled over to 186,001 when I pulled up to his shop to drop off the car. This leads me to my third car - a Nebula Gray 2014 ES 350 with a light gray interior and 34,000 miles. I am experiencing culture shock as I suddenly went from driving a 1999 to a 2014. Everything is different - except for the same smooth ride. My next car will also be another Lexus. I can't imagine driving anything else.
Congrats on your latest ES350 !!!!!!!!! I love your "commitment" to Lexus

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!