car-act.com body kit fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-19, 06:14 PM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default car-act.com body kit fitment?

http://car-act.com/product/en/2013-2...Body-Kits.html

Has anyone had any experience with this company and their body kits? Link is to a full body kit but im only interested in the front bumper.

They look pretty damn good in the pics and im curious if anyone can comment on the fitment?

FYI, that's a 2013-2015 model in the pic.

Last edited by Tdot416; 05-23-19 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-02-19, 07:51 PM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

Guess ill have to be the guinea pig on this one?

Anyone else in or around Toronto, ON interested in a group buy?

We can meetup before hand and hash out the logistics of it all. Would be nice to save on shipping since it is in the hundreds.

This LS kit looks decent and at 1229USD doesnt seem too unreasonable: http://car-act.com/product/en/2013-2...nt-Bumper.html

This F-Sport kit(pictured above) goes for 1869USD on the high end of shipping: http://car-act.com/product/en/2013-2...Body-Kits.html

From what I can tell in the pics the grill is slightly different and the the F-Sport seems to have a lower+corner lip.

Last edited by Tdot416; 06-02-19 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-03-19, 03:42 AM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I looked into this when I got the car a year ago and could not find much online. This package looks good but I'm worried at the quality compared to OEM. Because 2grand for brand new body pieces plus shipping seems kind of cheap. I am interested but dont have the funds for that kind of experiment. I know I saw a post a while ago of someone changing the grill/bumper out to a refreshed version.
Old 06-04-19, 05:15 PM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Albo
I looked into this when I got the car a year ago and could not find much online. This package looks good but I'm worried at the quality compared to OEM. Because 2grand for brand new body pieces plus shipping seems kind of cheap. I am interested but dont have the funds for that kind of experiment. I know I saw a post a while ago of someone changing the grill/bumper out to a refreshed version.
If you find that thread again would you mind linking it?

So I have another member from Brampton, ON who said he would be interested in a group buy as well, if we can get one or two more people that would be sweet. Still gotta hash out the details on how this will all work though, im not sure myself.

I did reach out to Car-act via email and they replied with the info below. Im still trying to get more details(shipping terms, fitment guarantees, etc.) and im gonna link this thread to them. Hopefully they will see people are interested in their products but wary since they have zero presence in North America.

---------------------start----------------------------
Hello, Dear Sam;
Yes, we have this style bumper in stock.
The shipping cost to Toronto is 420USD, this bumper is 709USD, in total is 1129USD.
You can pay by TT, Western Union or PayPal(4.5% handling charge)
How do you want to proceed?
Best regards!

Car-Act Automotive Development
Jinpen Village Zhongluotan Town Baiyun District Guangzhou, China
Email:contact@car-act.com Website:www.car-act.com

---------------------end----------------------------

The following users liked this post:
VindiCated (06-04-19)
Old 06-05-19, 03:51 PM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

I asked them this:
-----------------------start----------------------
Thank you for the pricing. However, I have a few more questions.

What are the shipping terms?

What guarantee's do you have for fitment and quality?

Would you be able to provide any discounts since we will have two orders?
-----------------------end----------------------

And they replied:

-----------------------start----------------------
Hello, Dear Sam;
We ship by sea freight, it takes about 40 days to arrive Toronto, air shipping costs a fortune so we never used to Canada or US.
We can assure the fitment and best quality, if it's not match or broke, in theory we accept the return, but as you know the shipping cost is so expensive, it's not realistic for returning, so we can refund.
And if you take two pieces, the shipping cost is 500USD, so each 250USD, and we are happy to make some discount on the bumper.
Can you let me know your car made year? Because 2013-2015 year made have to change the headlights also.
And we have these two styles for 2013-2017 Lexus ES as below link, the difference is the number plate, LS style number plate is removable but F-sport style number plate is built-in.
http://car-act.com/product/en/2013-2...nt-Bumper.html
Look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
Regards!

Car-Act Automotive Development
Jinpen Village Zhongluotan Town Baiyun District Guangzhou, China
Email:contact@car-act.com Website:www.car-act.com

-----------------------------end-----------------------------------

VindiCated (06-06-19)
Old 06-11-19, 04:11 PM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

So I got a reply today from Car-act. Ive been speaking to a gentlemen by the name of Peter over there. Here are some of the details for those of you following my thread.

Shipping:
Shipped by sea via container using Incoterm DDP(Delivered duty paid, Google if you don’t know what this means).

Fitment and Quality Guarantee:
-Broken and not able to use, refund all. Happened only once and we have refunded all the payment.
-Minor scratch or crack, refund accordingly.
-Doesn't fit at all, refund all.
-Minor gap due to original car's distortion, or body shop profession, sorry but cannot refund.

Things to note:
For the 2013-2017 models there are two front bumper styles.

The LS style(709USD):

Has a removable license plate mount.
Grill is one piece and dark grey in color.
Diamond pattern on grill is vertical.

The F-Sport style(1199USD):

License plate holder is not removable.
Grill is two pieces and black in colour.
Diamond pattern on grill is horizontal.

The lower lip is actually an add-on you can buy for either styles. There is an upcharge of 120USD for it.

On the F-Sport. Notice the horizontal diamond pattern on the grill.

On the LS. Notice the vertical diamond pattern on the grill.

These pieces are headlight mounting brackets. Necessary for 2013-2015 models to complete the look.

Im edging really close to putting in an order. Just a few more questions and im gonna pull the trigger. If any of you are interested shoot me a PM. Saving 170USD on shipping would be nice but im going forward regardless.

Below is my correspondence with Peter.
----------------------------start------------------------------
We ship by sea freight, it takes about 40 days to arrive Toronto, air shipping costs a fortune so we never used to Canada or US.
- Will this be shipped by container? What incoterm do you ship with? Who will handle the customs clearance?
-Yes, we ship by LCL and Incoterm is DDP, our forwarder arranges everything to deliver at your door.

We can assure the fitment and best quality, if it's not match or broke, in theory we accept the return, but as you know the shipping cost is so expensive, it's not realistic for returning, so we can refund.
- So if I have a broken bumper you will refund the total cost? If it doesnt fit what then will you refund the total cost? Just asking all the questions people are wondering here before ordering.
-Broken and not able to use, refund all. Happened ony once and re have refunded all the payment.
Minor scratch or crack, refund accordingly.
Doesn't fit at all, refund all.
Minor gap due to original car's distortion, or body shop profession, sorry but can not refund.

And if you take two pieces, the shipping cost is 500USD, so each 250USD, and we are happy to make some discount on the bumper.
- Ok I will get the details on the second order for you so you can build me a quote.
-Sure, I will give you final costs according to it.

Can you let me know your car made year? Because 2013-2015 year made have to change the headlights also.
- I have a 2013 Ultra Luxury model. I will need the headlights also. Is this a hot swap or will I have to modify my car to make your headlights fit?
-Can you please send your car picture to see the headlight match? Thank you!
And we have these two styles for 2013-2017 Lexus ES as below link, the difference is the number plate, LS style number plate is removable but F-sport style number plate is built-in.
http://car-act.com/product/en/2013-2...nt-Bumper.html
- Besides the the license plate being removable there is no other difference between the two? The grill seems to look different, one is going horizontally and the other vertically. One also seems to have a lower lip. The pictures are quite confusing since you use the same pictures for both styles.
- You are correct, besides the license plate, the mesh shape is different, and Fsport is black and LS is more dark grey. And Fsport grille is upper and below two parts, LS is in one piece. The lower lip is purchased seperate, the price is 120USD. Sorry for the confusion, we will update the images soon.
Ive attached a file called lower lip. Can you tell me if that is the LS or F-sport model?
-Thank you, this lowe lip can add to both LS or F-sport, please see the images attached.
Ive also attached a file called Mystery pieces. Can you tell me what those two pieces are for?
-LOL, this "mystery piece" is for headlights support.
----------------------------end------------------------------

Last edited by Tdot416; 06-11-19 at 04:23 PM.
VindiCated (07-22-19)
Old 06-11-19, 07:27 PM
slickman82
Driver School Candidate

I was looking at this site a couple weeks ago and was interested in the LS style grill for my '16 since I didn't want the license plate section attached. Looking forward to seeing what the quality looks like and if any modification is required (versus bolt on). I'll keep a look out on this thread to see if you did order it and what your thoughts are.
Old 06-13-19, 03:06 PM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slickman82
I was looking at this site a couple weeks ago and was interested in the LS style grill for my '16 since I didn't want the license plate section attached. Looking forward to seeing what the quality looks like and if any modification is required (versus bolt on). I'll keep a look out on this thread to see if you did order it and what your thoughts are.
Sure. They are(Car-act) watching this thread too. If you guys have any questions for them feel free to ask in this thread.

So I got an update from Peter yesterday on pricing and delivery. It seems that they will not deliver to your door and will deliver to a warehouse instead, if you want it to your door there is an up charge. The warehouse address they gave me isnt too far, about 10 min drive so im ok with that. However, ive read that these warehouses hold your shipment hostage and a "handling" fee is required before they release your order. I will have to call them to inquire how it all works.

Secondly, it seems the pricing on their website is not accurate. Ill clarify what ive learned below.

LS style bumper(709USD): This package only includes the bumper and grill. You pick this package if you have a 2016-17 model. If you want the headlights and mounting brackets(necessary for 2013-15 models) it will cost you an additional 540USD. That brings it to a total of 1249USD for cars made in 2013-15.

F-sport style bumper(1199USD): This package includes the bumper, grill, headlights and mounting brackets. This is actually the cheaper option of the two if you have a 2013-2015.

If you do buy the headlights and mounting brackets. You should know that they do not come with bulbs. That was mentioned to me in the email.

I was gonna go for the LS style bumper since it was so much cheaper but now I have to rethink things. With shipping its gonna come out to roughly 2300CAD for me which is more than I was looking to spend on this project. Was trying to keep it under 2000CAD.

They also charge 4.5% fee if you pay by Paypal to cover their cost. Another important factor to note.

Gonna ask a few more final questions and mull it over before I pull the trigger.

-----------------------------------start------------------------------------------
Picking up at IWD Warehouse isnt an issue for me.
Great, the shipping cost to here is 420USD.

I seem to be a bit confused on the pricing and what is included. Can we go over that again?

LS bumper and grill: 709USD + headlights & mounting bracket: 540USD = 1249USD total?
Correct!

Lower lip: 120USD
Correct!

F-Sport bumper + grill /w license plate mount + headlights & mounting bracket = 1199USD??
Correct! This is cheaper because most customers don't want the license plate built-in. If you don't mind it, you can order.

-----------------------------------end------------------------------------------

Last edited by Tdot416; 11-08-20 at 04:56 PM.
VindiCated (07-22-19)
Old 06-15-19, 06:47 AM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

So I got the answers to my final questions. See below.

Does the lower lip come attached to the bumper or is that something I will need to do myself? If it something I would need to do myself does it come with the hardware to mount it(nuts, bolts, screws or etc.)?
- The lower lip you need to add it, it comes with 3M tape to attach.

Same question for the bumper, does it come with all the hardware required to install it?
- The bumper uses your original car screws.
------------------------------------start-------------------------------------

The lower lip you need to add it, it comes with 3M tape to attach.
The bumper uses your originar car screws.
Thank you!
------------------------------------end-------------------------------------

After crunching all the numbers my total landed cost will be roughly 2500CAD. Initially I was thinking this project was only gonna cost me 1700CAD, 800CAD difference which is significant.

Their headlights @ 520USD seems rather high as well in my opinion. You can get OEM headlights for 100CAD, they are charging 350CAD per headlight, more than 3x more.

My final thoughts.

Do I like the way the kits look? Definitely.

Do I think the quality/fitment will be terrible when it arrives? Who knows but at 2500CAD landed cost im not willing to wager my money.

Old 07-16-19, 08:56 PM
TRlPPlN
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. Can you update this thread if or when you get it + installed? I wouldn't mind having my 17-300h looking a little different down the road.
Old 07-22-19, 11:12 AM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

I might still go forward with this down the road but for now its been put to the back burner. Couldnt justify the price tag for something that I dont really need.

I would have totally went forward if they actually had the kit for 1700CAD.

2500CAD was just more than im willing to wager on something that could potentially not work. You still gotta paint it afterwards too so its about 3000CAD all-in approx.
Old 07-22-19, 08:32 PM
VindiCated
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tdot416
I might still go forward with this down the road but for now its been put to the back burner. Couldnt justify the price tag for something that I dont really need.

I would have totally went forward if they actually had the kit for 1700CAD.

2500CAD was just more than im willing to wager on something that could potentially not work. You still gotta paint it afterwards too so its about 3000CAD all-in approx.
I agree, its a lot of money which I rather throw on nicer wheels. I wonder if they have these kits in the USA? so Importing them here wouldn't be a PITA as the case with China and the slow boat.
Old 07-23-19, 05:58 AM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

Ive inquired and they have zero North American presence. They mainly do business in Asia and ship sporadically around the world. Ive been on their site and seen some pics that were from Florida and Costa Rica but who knows if they are real customer pics, they seemed pretty glammed up like professional shots.

They ship DDP, this means delivery and duty paid to your location. You wont get dinged with any customs fees if they use that incoterm(im a logistics co-ordinator by trade). What you will get hit with is a hostage(handling) fee that the sufferance warehouse will charge to get your product out of their building. Some charge a flat fee and some charge a percentage on your invoice, its always best to inquire to be sure.
VindiCated (07-23-19)
Old 07-24-19, 09:22 AM
jamestpc
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

That lower lip would be sweet if it just attaches to the stock bumper. Could it?
Old 07-24-19, 03:31 PM
Tdot416
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jamestpc
That lower lip would be sweet if it just attaches to the stock bumper. Could it?
Its attached to their bumper with double sided 3M tape so technically yes it will attach to the stock bumper. Ive also been told that its something you would need to do yourself. It doesn't come pre-attached.

Will it look good, who knows?

Quick Reply: car-act.com body kit fitment?