ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-19, 07:58 PM
DoDo1975
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Modifications

Just bought a 2013 Lexus es with technology package. Beautiful car but it is a little boring. Looking for mods or upgrades for interior or exterior that are simple to do that might add a little cool factor. Are there posts or sites that might list some if these?

Old 03-02-19, 11:49 AM
dspcap
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DoDo1975
Just bought a 2013 Lexus es with technology package. Beautiful car but it is a little boring. Looking for mods or upgrades for interior or exterior that are simple to do that might add a little cool factor. Are there posts or sites that might list some if these?
I'm subscribing because I want to see what others have done. I have only had my Lexus two months, but I got my windows tinted, added clear bra, and Lexus rear bumper applique. I think I'll look into the rear spoiler next.
Old 03-02-19, 12:33 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Rear spoiler adds a nice look. I added rear window spoiler, front bumper lip, changed the shift **** to a TRD one, window tints, some people like the side door bumper looking things to prevent door dings. I mean I wanted to do some mods to this car but truth is not much out there. Mostly for IS and GS.
Old 03-02-19, 12:46 PM
dspcap
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Albo
Rear spoiler adds a nice look. I added rear window spoiler, front bumper lip, changed the shift **** to a TRD one, window tints, some people like the side door bumper looking things to prevent door dings. I mean I wanted to do some mods to this car but truth is not much out there. Mostly for IS and GS.
Did you add the rear spoiler yourself or have it installed? Which shift **** did you get, do you have a picture? Thanks
Old 03-02-19, 01:16 PM
Albo
Pole Position

The rear spoiler came installed previously. I will attach some photos in a few minutes
Old 03-02-19, 01:31 PM
Albo
Pole Position

One angle

Spoiler and window spoiler. Window spoiler bought online i forget where but it was from spoilerkingz specifically measured for the 6th gen es. Its like a rubber not like most that are plastic. Trunk spoiler was installed by prior owner professionally by dealer.

Ez lip installed with adhesive and screws that came with it. All fit ez lip kit

Another angle

Overpriced JDM neck pillows. My girlfriend likes it as shes short.

Im tall and dont like mine so it sits pretty in the back seat

TRD **** that took me a long time to find and lots of trial and error and misses on other ones i bought that wouldnt fit the threading.

This fits even though it was advertized as only fitting the IS. It screws right on and i love the look and feel.

I tried to find custom pedals. But the ones I got just dont stay on or feel right so I removed them. They were NRG. I have the stock floor mats but I was looking into the leather flooring I saw on another post with the diamond pattern similar to my pillows. I forget the website that sold them.
The following users liked this post:
RedRover (03-12-19)
Old 03-02-19, 04:42 PM
12jimmyjam
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I know the mats that you’re talking about. They look awesome-really upscale.
Old 03-02-19, 06:15 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 12jimmyjam
I know the mats that you’re talking about. They look awesome-really upscale.
yea and they were like 400$so I held off on them for now. Almost impulse bought lol
Old 03-02-19, 11:01 PM
thekopp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Albo
I tried to find custom pedals. But the ones I got just dont stay on or feel right so I removed them. They were NRG. I have the stock floor mats but I was looking into the leather flooring I saw on another post with the diamond pattern similar to my pillows. I forget the website that sold them.
You talking about Manicci Floor Mats?? Scotty Kilmer did a video on them a while back & he uses them in his wife's Lexus & loves them. Looks pretty cool.
(starts talking about the Manicci ones at 1:11 in the video)
Old 03-03-19, 03:32 AM
Albo
Pole Position

Yup thanks guys those are the ones. Beautiful
Old 03-03-19, 05:23 AM
Nelexus88
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I changed all the interior bulbs to LEDs and installed black vinyl on the front grille center section right after buying my '14 ES 350. Both DIY projects previously discussed here on CL.
Old 03-03-19, 09:43 AM
DoDo1975
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed some ES have that little Shark Fin. I have no shark fin and instead a little antenna on the trunk itself. I suspect this might make the rear spoiler install difficult. Does anyone know why some don't have the shark fin? Does anyone know if the rear spoiler install is still possible if I remove that little trunk antenna somehow?

And for the interior lighting LED changes. I have found posts talking about the headliner and console lights. But I am looking for information about possibly changing the little accents lights that are on all the time when the leadlights are turned on(Doors, dashboard). Anyone know what they are called?

Last edited by DoDo1975; 03-03-19 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-03-19, 11:43 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

I noticed some ES have that little Shark Fin. I have no shark fin and instead a little antenna on the trunk itself. I suspect this might make the rear spoiler install difficult. Does anyone know why some don't have the shark fin? Does anyone know if the rear spoiler install is still possible if I remove that little trunk antenna somehow?
I don't know what the case was for the ES in Canada, but, for the 2013 ES in the US, the shark fin antenna was on the roof of the ES for base, Premium Package, and Luxury Package cars. For the 2013 ES with the Ultra Luxury package (and pano roof), there was the shark fin antenna on the roof and a 2nd antenna on the trunk. Later in the Generation 6 ES model run, all ES in the US, including those with UL package and pano roof, had only the antenna on the roof.

I recall having read threads here that questioned why, at the beginning of the Generation 6 ES run, a 2nd antenna was needed for UL cars with the pano roof and why only the single antenna on the roof was needed later in the Generation 6 ES run. I don't recall, however, anyone having an answer to that question.

I also recall posts here from people who had the trunk antenna and who wanted to add a trunk spoiler. What they said was that the trunk antenna did interfere with being able to add a spoiler. I remember that a couple of people did talk about the possibility of moving that trunk antenna, but I don't remember whether they were successful or how, after moving the antenna, they dealt with the hole in the trunk at the location of the original antenna.
Old 03-03-19, 09:18 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

I have a 2018 with the Pano roof and the shark's fin antenna on the roof. Reading the post in this thread made me realize that this is the first Lexus I have owned with Sirius XM that experiences any black outs or dropped signal when going under wide overpasses of tunnels. Not a big problem and I hadn't thought about the cause until reading these comments.

I would not have purchased a pano roof with the satellite antenna on the trunk.

Dave Mac
Old 03-04-19, 04:32 AM
AlexNY
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

the aftermarket support for the ES is almost non-existent compared to the is and gs.

The ES is mainly driven by old people as a daily driver while they have their weekend corvette in the garage. There's no aftermarket support because there's no market.

Quick Reply: Modifications