ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Seat stains on flaxen

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-18, 06:30 PM
Scottsims1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat stains on flaxen

My 2016 es350 ultra prem only has 12k on it. I have the midnight blue with flaxen ventilated seats. There are some black stains on the back rest from my black leather belt. What should I use to clean and condition the seat? Dealer wants me to get my 15k service done to warrant it but 290 for a tire change has me looking for better solutions.
Old 05-25-18, 06:36 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottsims1
My 2016 es350 ultra prem only has 12k on it. I have the midnight blue with flaxen ventilated seats. There are some black stains on the back rest from my black leather belt. What should I use to clean and condition the seat? Dealer wants me to get my 15k service done to warrant it but 290 for a tire change has me looking for better solutions.
Others here may have a prefered product but any decent leather cleaner, even the wipe type, should work. I have used the wipes to remove the die transfer from my black jeans with good results.
Old 05-25-18, 08:00 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,236 Likes on 868 Posts

Flaxen is a beautiful color for seats. I'd try wearing a brown belt from now on... I use Ultima interior shampoo to remove blue jean stains. Works every time. Give it a shot.
Available online... And $290.00 for 15k service? Not only would I change the tires, I'd change dealers too...
Old 05-25-18, 12:55 PM
Scottsims1
Driver School Candidate

Tried McGuire’s wipes and didn’t touch it. Ordered the shampoo mentioned on other forums. Hope it works..
Old 05-25-18, 12:56 PM
Scottsims1
Driver School Candidate

Old 05-26-18, 10:58 AM
Caydoc
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same belt-dye stain on my driver’s seat. I have tried everything. including the Ultima product someone mentioned. I tried the Lexus dealer detailer: no luck. I tried a recommended private detailer: no luck. So now, when I drive with exposed leather belt (as opposed to T-shirt ), I use a perforated backrest which keeps the belt away from the seat back. Anyone have another suggestion?
)
Old 05-26-18, 06:01 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Try Leather Masters Stain Lifter for stubborn stains. With any stain, the longer it remains in contact the deeper it penetrates so early removal is advised. These stains can be prevented with Leather Masters Protection Cream.
Old 05-27-18, 08:02 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,259 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Try Lexol Leather Cleaner. Let the Cleaner sit for a min. Been using it for years. It cleaned a ink Pen stain out for me one time, a long time ago. Also keep the Conditioner on it to deter the Leather from getting it again.

I also Heat my seats when it's very Hot outside to open out the Pores in the Leather and use both the Lexol Conditioner, and Leather Mink oil paste, (Walmart shoe Dept) mixed with the Lexol Conditioner to treat. Works great to prevent cracks and keeps the Leather moist and looking and feeling New.
Old 05-27-18, 04:20 PM
Osmium
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Caydoc
I have the same belt-dye stain on my driver’s seat. I have tried everything. including the Ultima product someone mentioned. I tried the Lexus dealer detailer: no luck. I tried a recommended private detailer: no luck. So now, when I drive with exposed leather belt (as opposed to T-shirt ), I use a perforated backrest which keeps the belt away from the seat back. Anyone have another suggestion?
)
I have the parchment leather interior.

I had some staining from some cheap jeans I use for working around the house. I used a microfiber cloth moistened with some 70% isopropyl alcohol. Stain came right out. Been using the leather master conditioner religiously since then.

-Os

Last edited by Osmium; 05-27-18 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-28-18, 11:41 AM
Scottsims1
Driver School Candidate

Tried McGuire’s, sonax and lexol with no luck. Ughhhhh I almost tried soft scrub but stopped myself.. Any advice?
Old 05-28-18, 04:42 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Yes, don't use soft scrub!

Dave Mac
Old 05-28-18, 05:06 PM
Osmium
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Scottsims1
Tried McGuire’s, sonax and lexol with no luck. Ughhhhh I almost tried soft scrub but stopped myself.. Any advice?
Try searching the Automotice Care and Detail forum.

Good Luck!
-Os
Old 05-28-18, 05:08 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Don't use anything abrasive like soft scrub or Magic Eraser. Do try Leather Masters Stain Lifter. Once you get it clean, use Leather Masters Protection Cream to prevent this from happening again. You may need to order these products on-line but you will. be glad you did.
Old 05-30-18, 10:48 AM
kxaz145
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Seat Stains-Why?

Sorry guys, but I fail to understand why a (sudo?) leather seat in a premium automobile would take on a stain from a belt. I believe my interior is "parchment" as it is very light on my 2014 ES-350. I use a brown or black belt depending on the trouser color and I have a 2" or 3" black band on the drivers seat back. I too have tried various cleaning solutions and also a couple of detailing shops. Nothing touched the stain so I'm just living with it. I've been using leather seats since the early 90's and have never had this issue previously.

JimB
Old 06-01-18, 09:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by kxaz145
Sorry guys, but I fail to understand why a (sudo?) leather seat in a premium automobile would take on a stain from a belt. I believe my interior is "parchment" as it is very light on my 2014 ES-350. I use a brown or black belt depending on the trouser color and I have a 2" or 3" black band on the drivers seat back. I too have tried various cleaning solutions and also a couple of detailing shops. Nothing touched the stain so I'm just living with it. I've been using leather seats since the early 90's and have never had this issue previously.

JimB
Its just the reality of leather. My wife has several very nice quality leather purses, guess what? Dye transfers onto them from her belts, jeans, etc.

The higher quality the leather, the more apt it is to have dye transfer actually.

Worst case scenario you can actually have the seats re-dyed. Thats not as big a deal as you think...

Quick Reply: Seat stains on flaxen