ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

mods - so what's next?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-18, 12:07 PM
jamestpc
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default mods - so what's next?

So all i've done to my 17 hybrid are the springs and 19's.

What else would one do to modify/personalize the car?
Old 05-16-18, 09:40 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I'd say you did well. I'd be content at that lol. Not much on the market for the es unfortunately and not many people with experience modding them. Most will just say "its an ES, it's not meant to be modded like an IS". I wanted to do a subtle exhaust upgrade and get some nice looking exhaust tips to match my black accents. But I'd say wheels and suspension would be the two main things. Did you try adding a rear swaybar?
Old 05-17-18, 06:08 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

As the man said it's an ES, and yours is a hybrid.
These are family sedans not performance cars, but with what you've done Big Brakes could make a big difference in safety for you
Old 05-17-18, 07:14 AM
pab12
Intermediate

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

>What else would one do to modify/personalize the car?
Purchase the side moldings from the dealer to add character to the blank sides of the car and to protect the doors.
=================================
My karma just ran over your dogma
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '15 Jaguar XF (its aubergine)
Old 05-17-18, 08:18 AM
ALL4SPL
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Window tint, you could also tint the tail lights if that's your thing. You could black out the emblems again if that's your thing. You could upgrade all the speakers, add a dsp/line out converter to add amplifiers then also add a better subwoofer. There are the illuminated door steps, along with the illuminated trunk panel. Rear trunk spoiler if you don't have one already, there is also a rear window spoiler you can get paint matched to your car. You could replace the stock air filter with a K&N Air filter. There are also Window vent visors you could get. Other than these, there isn't much you can do as this is an entry level luxury car, there aren't people making tons of add-ons or accessories for this car.
Old 05-17-18, 12:50 PM
jamestpc
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

i think the levinson is great, so don't have any desire to tamper with that.
I have tints done - wouldn't have minded a tad darker but meh.
Big brakes, that's actually something I kinda think i'd like to do. not a bad idea. what are people installing as retrofits?
I like the idea of the rear window spoiler! I will search that out.

I had a 540i m-tech, and loved it. It was a shadowline model so all the chrome trims were blackened. Was thinking the ES might look good with blacks, but its a bit of a commitment to find out.

The idea of an exhaust was something I said as a joke - imagine a hybrid cutting in and out???? lol
Old 05-17-18, 04:18 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jamestpc
i think the levinson is great, so don't have any desire to tamper with that.
I have tints done - wouldn't have minded a tad darker but meh.
Big brakes, that's actually something I kinda think i'd like to do. not a bad idea. what are people installing as retrofits?
I like the idea of the rear window spoiler! I will search that out.

I had a 540i m-tech, and loved it. It was a shadowline model so all the chrome trims were blackened. Was thinking the ES might look good with blacks, but its a bit of a commitment to find out.

The idea of an exhaust was something I said as a joke - imagine a hybrid cutting in and out???? lol
big brakes are a possibility if you have the cash to spend, I plan to paint the calipers to make them pop a little. I also toyed with the idea of blacking out the chrome especially since my car is white with black accents but like you said it's quite a commitment. I got one of those thick rubber black rear window spoilers but have yet to put it on.