ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-6th-gen-2013-2018-247/)
-   -   Carpet is wet under the front Drivers & Passenger mats. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-6th-gen-2013-2018/798621-carpet-is-wet-under-the-front-drivers-and-passenger-mats.html)

john2101 07-01-23 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by sporty87 (Post 9196790)
:uh: Was cleaning my wife's 2013 ES 350 today and lifted the front mats and the carpet on both the passenger and drivers side was fairly damp (no dampness under the rear mats). As a test I ran water over the windshield so in would run into the vents at the bottom of the windshield (under the wipers) to see if it would drain under the car and not into it and it drained just fine.
I am wondering if maybe there is a drain some place for the air conditioner that maybe clogged which causes the water to drain into the car and if that is the case can anyone tell me where that drain is?
Thanks

Sounds like she spilled it. Too much rain in paradise. The ac drain is clogged too. Seal is broken so water washing gets i side. Based in ur description, all applies to your case. And she definitely spilled it.

LexyLoo 08-04-23 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by sporty87 (Post 9240079)
Well I took the car to the dealer and guess what they can't find a problem. All drains are clear they say. They did a water test and say no leaks so NOT Covered Under WARRANTY! Cost was $700 to remove carpets and dry them so I said OK. Then they say they find mold under the carpet so approximately another $2500 to mold proof the interior under the carpet. Next they will say I need new carpet but I'm not sure.Called corporate Lexus and no luck!
Insurance may cover it but not sure. Car only has 23000 miles and I have lost faith in the car and Lexus as a company. This water came from somewhere and they are just solving the symptom not the problem!
A $40,000 car and this I have this ******. I have had cars 15 years and never a problem like this.
Buyer Beware!
This will be my last Lexus. Hope insurance will cover this so at least I can sell the car if I have to.

Oh no this is so terrible, hope you got it resolved, covered...I am also very disheartened by my Lexus..first the dashboard melted, turned to oil and mush...turns out this is common and a known problem, there was a recall that I 'missed' (bought it used) IMO If I put a luxury car on the market and it had parts that turn to goo...there would not be a time limit to fix it, I would honor the fact that dashboards should remain dashboards, and not a pile of oil, which by the is unhealthy, and it is extremely6 reflective, causing a glare on the windshield making it impossible to drive safely. Ive had it covered with an aftermarket ugly thing it is embarrassing. Also the windows- when I roll up and down, the goo gets on them too, from the door seals or somewhere in door panels.. it always looks a mess, have to use "goof off" every time someone uses my windows. Now, Im dealing the soaking wet floorboards, it is ridiculous I have never had so many 'factory' failing horrible issues with a car, Have had Cadillacs, Explorers, Maximas, lots and lots of cars and nothing close to this. Sorry to vent on your post, I am just commiserating with you.