ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Can someone please confirm if the 2010 ES and LS share the exact same side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-19, 03:53 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts
Default Can someone please confirm if the 2010 ES and LS share the exact same side mirrors?

I'm trying to determine it best I can before I go ahead to buy parts: here's my original thread in the LS forums

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...n-signals.html

I suggest the IS might also share the same mirrors for the 2010 model year but I cannot be sure since it is a much smaller car so I am hoping on the ES...

let me know what you think guys.
Old 05-04-19, 05:14 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 855 Likes on 650 Posts

No, the mirrors are not the same.
Old 05-04-19, 06:18 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LjeksesES
No, the mirrors are not the same.
and you know this for sure? Because they look the same to me... how are you so sure ?
Old 05-04-19, 09:08 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Aside from looking different, they have different part numbers, both OEM and aftermarket (on every other parts website) If they were the same, aftermarket companies would gladly market it as applicable to both cars, as they do with every other part that has applicability spanning more than one car.

additionally, if you compare wiring harnesses of used units online, they are not the same

Last edited by RXGS; 05-04-19 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-04-19, 10:51 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXGS
Aside from looking different, they have different part numbers, both OEM and aftermarket (on every other parts website) If they were the same, aftermarket companies would gladly market it as applicable to both cars, as they do with every other part that has applicability spanning more than one car.

additionally, if you compare wiring harnesses of used units online, they are not the same
You know that I am talking about the 2010 for both models right?

Did you guys read the link? Check it out below.

So the part of the mirror that has the led turn signal we know for sure that part is the same in the LS and ES for 2010.

And if you look here and here... they look freaking the same to me, either I am blind or someone else is

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rrors&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...10+lexus+es350

So to cure my blindness tell me how are they different? Maybe i need you guys to be specific so I can see it.. happens sometimes.. The leds are the exact same we know that from the link below, the shape looks the same.. do you think the size is different?

Btw guys I must clarify I am not interested in the internals of the mirror, I am focused on the shape and form.. meaning ultimately I want to use the parts from new just order the backcover and led and wire it up or buy aftermarket whole assembly and take it apart and use the 2 aforementioned parts and transplant it to my mirrors. So the internals and wiring etc not important.

"Hi guys
So I have discussed this before, but not much came of it, but I might have some new information today... MIGHT being the operative word.

1. They cheapest I have seen these go for are 500+ USD for a pair, usually they go for 400+ just a side.. which I am not doing.

2. I was reading a thread about a 07 to '10 conversion and he was talking ted turn signals and he posted a link: https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...740-53020.html

So it says there that the ES and IS and LS share the turn signal parts, I am going to venture a guess that POSSIBLY then the back covers are also the same.... however what is suspicious from the start if you look, the LS window assembly is sold ONLY as a complete set, BUT for the ES and IS they sell the back cover separately.... don't you smell something fishy right there?

3. I cannot really be sure. but looking through photos on ebay, they look pretty close. maybe you guys can do a search and let me know the part number for the covers is 8791A-53411, and if you want to see what the ones for the LS look like, you can search LS460 2010 mirrors

4. So let's just talk about new parts the light turn signal part itself is 80 x 2, 160, lets just also say the covers are also the same, that is 320 all in. problem is these cars do not seem to come in my colour with is 1F2. But painting here is cheap. BUT if everything is the same there are many clone versions for the ES and IS mirrors complete assemblies for 100+ a mirror, or just buy complete used assemblies.

Comments? Thoughts?"
Old 05-05-19, 05:16 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

You appear to be convinced that they are the same so anything said on the form won't matter or you will contest it. That being said you can either go to a dealer and verify the part numbers or just go out and buy them . Good luck on your decision.
Old 05-05-19, 06:20 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jagtoes
You appear to be convinced that they are the same so anything said on the form won't matter or you will contest it. That being said you can either go to a dealer and verify the part numbers or just go out and buy them . Good luck on your decision.
its not that I’m convinced it is because I get responses like this which quote me part numbers, not even looking at anything ...

you have to be pretty gullible to not know that Lexus labels Lexus parts with different numbers than Toyota ones just to make them more expensive and also differentiates the higher end Lexus from the lower ones so they can make the parts more expensive sometimes..

i want someone to take a look at what I posted not quote me part numbers
Old 05-05-19, 06:32 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Do your own due diligence and find out what can be used from what car and year and model. A dealer part number reflects what year/model the parts can be used on. If you are looking for a substitute part from a different model or year then go buy what you thing will fit and adapt it. It appears that no one on the form has done this so the answers would be based on part numbers. Good luck.
Old 05-05-19, 08:11 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Let’s talk about right mirror:

Old 05-05-19, 11:26 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Sure the glass doesn’t match...not expecting part numbers to match up however I believe there are reasons for this

1. I think Toyota and Lexus brand and putt different part numbers on their parts just so they can up the price for parts on premium cars. This is a very common marketing and sales method that car manufactures have been using forever.

2. I’ll give you an example.... so if you look at my first link you know the LS uses the same led lamp as the ES and IS, so they make and sell back covers for all other models expect the LS where they only sell whole assemblies... why?

3. I can’t be sure it’s just a feeling but I’m pretty damn sure the mirrors or at least the housing in which the glass sits, the the plastic back cover is the same on the LS... but for now I would settle for someone looking through the pictures I have in the eBay links and tell me I’m blind or they see what I see, I’m having great difficulty making out any difference...

i think the IS uses the same shape and part and there are after market parts for those..for 150 I can get 2 complete assemblies and exact clones... I’ll just compare to see and if it looks like a match to me ill open it up and use the back covers and led turn signals only...

Let’s talk about right mirror:

Last edited by jdanielca; 05-06-19 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-05-19, 12:40 PM
ESh
Lead Lap

Do you want us to be honest or to have same opinion as you?
Old 05-05-19, 06:25 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca
You know that I am talking about the 2010 for both models right?

Did you guys read the link? Check it out below.

So the part of the mirror that has the led turn signal we know for sure that part is the same in the LS and ES for 2010.

And if you look here and here... they look freaking the same to me, either I am blind or someone else is

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rrors&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...10+lexus+es350

So to cure my blindness tell me how are they different? Maybe i need you guys to be specific so I can see it.. happens sometimes.. The leds are the exact same we know that from the link below, the shape looks the same.. do you think the size is different?

Btw guys I must clarify I am not interested in the internals of the mirror, I am focused on the shape and form.. meaning ultimately I want to use the parts from new just order the backcover and led and wire it up or buy aftermarket whole assembly and take it apart and use the 2 aforementioned parts and transplant it to my mirrors. So the internals and wiring etc not important.

"Hi guys
So I have discussed this before, but not much came of it, but I might have some new information today... MIGHT being the operative word.

1. They cheapest I have seen these go for are 500+ USD for a pair, usually they go for 400+ just a side.. which I am not doing.

2. I was reading a thread about a 07 to '10 conversion and he was talking ted turn signals and he posted a link: https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...740-53020.html

So it says there that the ES and IS and LS share the turn signal parts, I am going to venture a guess that POSSIBLY then the back covers are also the same.... however what is suspicious from the start if you look, the LS window assembly is sold ONLY as a complete set, BUT for the ES and IS they sell the back cover separately.... don't you smell something fishy right there?

3. I cannot really be sure. but looking through photos on ebay, they look pretty close. maybe you guys can do a search and let me know the part number for the covers is 8791A-53411, and if you want to see what the ones for the LS look like, you can search LS460 2010 mirrors

4. So let's just talk about new parts the light turn signal part itself is 80 x 2, 160, lets just also say the covers are also the same, that is 320 all in. problem is these cars do not seem to come in my colour with is 1F2. But painting here is cheap. BUT if everything is the same there are many clone versions for the ES and IS mirrors complete assemblies for 100+ a mirror, or just buy complete used assemblies.

Comments? Thoughts?"
Yes, I read it, thats why I gave you an answer. Maybe it was the language barrier. (see you are in the Ukraine) Next time i'll type it out with bigger font and shorter words.

Last edited by RXGS; 05-05-19 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-06-19, 07:22 AM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 201 Likes on 133 Posts

Toyota doesn’t produce parts in super bulk so they are allot less likely to share parts between models or even some times even between different trims than like say one of the American brands which like to cross use parts across the board.
Old 05-06-19, 09:19 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Do you want us to be honest or to have same opinion as you?
i want you to look at the pictures like i have then form an opinion based on that, if possible.

Since a lot of answers so far are based on preconceptions

Last edited by jdanielca; 05-06-19 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-06-19, 09:19 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXGS
Yes, I read it, thats why I gave you an answer. Maybe it was the language barrier. (see you are in the Ukraine) Next time i'll type it out with bigger font and shorter words.
right lol I’m Canadian so you know understand the language better than you do 😂😂

Quick Reply: Can someone please confirm if the 2010 ES and LS share the exact same side mirrors?