ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Afs off

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-17, 01:49 PM
TECHSINFRA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Afs off

Hi, just recently moved in Honolulu and my boss provided me with a service vehicle. It was a Lexus ES350. I was just wondering if the "AFS OFF" always lit up on the dashboard, as well as the tire sensor? Though, we already inflated the tire and used a tire gauge with 32 on each tire but the tire sensor is still litting up.

How do I turn off the tire sensor light and is the "AFS OFF" always lit up, by the way, what's the AFS OFF stands for?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 09-15-17, 02:25 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Automatic Focusing System is the mechanism that adjusts the headlight up and down with varying loads
and in older Lexi would also turn the lenses left and right (more at low speeds!) to follow the steering input.
You should find a button down by the trunk and gas door buttons to re-enable the system. If it is an older
car the sensor on the rear axle gets rusty (unlikely in Hawaii unless driven on the beach) and the system
will fail and trigger the light.

The Tire Pressure Monitoring system uses sensors built into each wheel's inflator. They have a tiny battery
that ought to last 5 years. What year is the ES? For that matter, what job to you have in Paradise that has
a Lexus as a service vehicle?? Hiring?
The following users liked this post:
TECHSINFRA (09-15-17)
Old 09-15-17, 02:51 PM
Popgun
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Check the spare tire pressure if it has a real spare tire. Low pressure in the spare will cause a TPMS light.
The following users liked this post:
TECHSINFRA (09-15-17)
Old 09-15-17, 03:12 PM
TECHSINFRA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
Automatic Focusing System is the mechanism that adjusts the headlight up and down with varying loads
and in older Lexi would also turn the lenses left and right (more at low speeds!) to follow the steering input.
You should find a button down by the trunk and gas door buttons to re-enable the system. If it is an older
car the sensor on the rear axle gets rusty (unlikely in Hawaii unless driven on the beach) and the system
will fail and trigger the light.

The Tire Pressure Monitoring system uses sensors built into each wheel's inflator. They have a tiny battery
that ought to last 5 years. What year is the ES? For that matter, what job to you have in Paradise that has
a Lexus as a service vehicle?? Hiring?
Thanks for the informative reply. I'll look for that button later before we go home. I knew you'll say that service vehicle, well this was the last/only car of my boss that is why this is what I got. Actually not really hiring but I'm more of an oversee of their business.

Will check as well for the spare tire which popgun mentioned as well.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 09-16-17, 08:39 AM
Popgun
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jeff, that button can be a tad hard to find as it is pointing pretty much straight down. You might have to lay down and look up to find it. I think on the '10 I had it was by my right knee. You'll see it.