ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Crises in japan = more/less $$ @ resale?

Old 03-22-11, 12:32 PM
itzsue
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crises in japan = more/less $$ @ resale?

Thank God Japan's catastrophic events of late do not encompass all of Japan and yet just wondering what will become of Toyota's worth?

Will Japan's devastation have no effect on future or past car sales? Or just the opposite??
Old 03-23-11, 04:23 AM
dman00001
Rookie

I think as always it's supply and demand. I don't see this impacting demand for Lexus... it seems it will impact the supply for an undetermined period. To me that would indicate higher prices could be expected in the short term for both current dealer inventory and the used market.
Old 03-23-11, 07:02 AM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by itzsue
Thank God Japan's catastrophic events of late do not encompass all of Japan and yet just wondering what will become of Toyota's worth?

Will Japan's devastation have no effect on future or past car sales? Or just the opposite??

Wow dude, with the thousands of lives lost over there, thousands homeless, thousands going hungry and thirsty, thousands injured and permanently grief stricken, thousands of children without parents, the most appropriate topic you make for Japan during this moment is "Thank God Japan's catastrophic events of late do not encompass all of Japan because i am worried about Toyota's worth and resale value?"
Old 03-23-11, 07:04 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow...im just dont understand why some people are thinking just like you

Originally Posted by milellie11
Wow dude, with the thousands of lives lost over there, thousands homeless, thousands going hungry and thirsty, thousands injured and permanently grief stricken, thousands of children without parents, the most appropriate topic you make for Japan during this moment is "Thank God Japan's catastrophic events of late do not encompass all of Japan because i am worried about Toyota's worth and resale value?"
Exactly!!
Old 03-23-11, 09:57 AM
2008ES
Rookie

Take a deep breath, both of you. When you're on an automobile fansite, you should expect conversations to center around automobiles. I'm sure the original poster expressed himself/herself equally appropriately on lossoflife.org, childrenwithoutparents.org and permanentlygriefstricken.org.
Old 03-23-11, 12:44 PM
itzsue
Driver School Candidate

Hey Mama's Boy (MASBOY)

FYI -- I AM MYSELF OF JAPANESE DECENT AND PRAY SEVERAL TIMES A DAY FOR MY HOMELAND!

You should be banned for a violating terms of service. I am talking CARS here, and this is only ABOUT LEXUS CARS.

Like the other guy said:

Take a deep breath, both of you. When you're on an automobile fansite, you should expect conversations to center around automobiles. I'm sure the original poster expressed himself/herself equally appropriately on lossoflife.org, childrenwithoutparents.org and permanentlygriefstricken.org.
Old 03-23-11, 02:26 PM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Mama's Boy (MASBOY)

FYI -- I AM MYSELF OF JAPANESE DECENT AND PRAY SEVERAL TIMES A DAY FOR MY HOMELAND!

You should be banned for a violating terms of service. I am talking CARS here, and this is only ABOUT LEXUS CARS.

Like the other guy said:

What a clever response you made there. Actually, the only person who have "broken" any forum rules is you by "name calling" (hint hint "mamas boy")

No one was bashing your topic, just the way it came across. When you write "Thank God Japan's catastrophic events of late do not encompass all of Japan and yet just wondering what will become of Toyota's worth?", it sounds as if you're saying "even though there was a crisis and thousands of lives were lost, it's not so bad because maybe it won't affect Toyota. It's a blessing that some parts got hit and not other parts."

It either sounds insensitive or maybe you should clarify your statements better if you really didn't mean that.