ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Aftermarket head unit mounting kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-10, 06:16 PM
likewh0a5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftermarket head unit mounting kit

I have a 2007 ES 350 and it has the Base Stock radio. I want to swap it out for a aftermarket Nav/DVD system unit. I have searched every website I can think of for a kit and they all say I have to make my own kit some how. Has anyone ever swapped out their Head unit? If so, where did you get your kit?
Old 04-28-10, 03:52 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

search on the vendor forum there is some vendor that sells a kit for the es350 looks ok not for me but ok......
Old 04-28-10, 04:51 PM
likewh0a5
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the advice, gekae24. I will check it out and post a response of my opinion of the option.
Old 05-01-10, 07:30 PM
likewh0a5
Driver School Candidate

Gekae24 - I could not find any head unit mounting kits for a 2007 ES 350. Please help find a kit.
Old 05-03-10, 07:35 AM
Yiujai86
Rookie

well, there is a head unit w/nav by FlyAudio @ http://www.flyaudio.net/product_id.asp?id=197 that looks like the stock oem navigation+ radio and is plug and play. Ive read a lot few posts in the IS250 forums where about 2 people have swapped out the base radio for this new system and are very satisfied. It used to go for $2000 about a year ago but not sure now. You should look into it and search the IS250 forums.
Old 05-03-10, 01:19 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

We offer the FlyAudio in dash GPS system for your Lexus ES 350. It has everything you need including GPS, DVD, bluetooth, climate controls, iPod, USB/RCA/SD card. Here are a couple pictures of the system:

Name:  DSCF0226.jpg
Views: 3288
Size:  58.7 KB

Name:  DSCF0227.jpg
Views: 5320
Size:  67.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0107.jpg
Views: 2457
Size:  60.8 KB

Give me a call at 714-720-2797 if you have any questions!

Thanks!
Old 05-03-10, 02:46 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks like a great plug and play unit.
Old 05-07-10, 10:51 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

It is a great plug and play unit. All of our clients are really happy with how easy it installs and the versatility that the system offers.
Old 05-12-10, 07:29 AM
pedalstomp
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone actually installed a FlyAudio into their ES? Curious to hear how the fit and finish is and whether you like it. I heard thru the IS forum that there are software bugs with the units. Curious to hear if the unit for the ES has the same bugs or have they been fixed.
Old 05-12-10, 08:15 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

I guess I am biased, but I will answer anyways.

We have installed one on the ES and the fit and finish is just as good as the IS 250/350. I am not aware of any software bugs with the unit, can you elaborate on that? Also, one feature that the ES is capable of that the IS is not, is the IPAS (Intelligent Parking Assist System). This system receives input from the steering wheel when you are backing up draws a line on the screen to assist with gauging distance from the curb/other cars. It's only available on 2 of the FlyAudio models and the ES is one of them.

I see you are in California, if you are local to Orange County, come on by and check out the system.

Feel free to give me a call at 714-720-2797 if you have any questions!
Old 07-24-10, 10:12 AM
likewh0a5
Driver School Candidate

Default Nice Head Unit

What goes down below the nav screen in the open area? My car has the factory radio in that location and after installing the nav system, I will no longer need the factory radio. Any suggesions?
Old 07-26-10, 08:35 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by likewh0a5
What goes down below the nav screen in the open area? My car has the factory radio in that location and after installing the nav system, I will no longer need the factory radio. Any suggesions?
The factory radio goes in the open space. The FlyAudio replaces the top portion, but everything else stays the same.
Old 09-14-10, 12:33 PM
kyottocar
Driver School Candidate

Default Aftermarket head unit

I've had one of these units installed in my ES 350 and it has several inheritant problems. I've also seen other posts where others installing this unit have had the same problems. The problems are: radio display is not synched with OEM radio display; the climate control is only in Celcius and doesn't display the current temp setting digitally (only has a bar display); it causes the airbag light to remain on; and there is some problem with the OEM CD unit functioning after installation. There are actually a couple of these units out and they both seem to be causing similar problems; so I don't know if it's the software in the aftermarket unit or some other conflict with the Lexus software that is beyond the aftermarket's programmers. The company manufacturing this unit has posts on their website for bios upgrades and there is supposedly a fix for the problem with the airbag light remaining on; but I've yet to find a link(s) for these.
Old 09-14-10, 12:36 PM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

The problems you are referring to were all addressed back in January. You can contact the company you bought the system from for instructions on how to get the updates. Thanks!
Old 11-06-11, 06:26 AM
quachc
Driver School Candidate

I have an aftermarket DVD GPS unit bought from Alibaba.com. I was told this is an OEM unit for Lexus ES350, but after installation the the airbag light was on. I brought this unit to Lexus for inspection they told me this is not quite an OEM unit because it is not compatible with the Lexus unit at all. Under the messenger red button the Lexus has a seat belt and airbag checks. The OEM unit from Alibaba only have seat belt checks. Since the chinese DVD GPS unit does not provide a check for airbag. The airbag light will be on forever and airbag will not deploy at all in case of emrgency. I asked Lexus if they can clear the airbag light they said it cann't be clear unless the unit is uninstalled. This is a warning to anyone who want to buy the aftermarket unit from Alibaba.com

Quick Reply: Aftermarket head unit mounting kit