ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Gas Pedal Fix for 2007 ES350

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-10, 12:10 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Pedal Fix for 2007 ES350

My Lexus dealer in Las Vegas just fixed (modified) the gas pedal in my 2007 ES350 and it looks great! See the two attached photos.

Here is what they did as listed on the work order.
1. Pedal and Floor mod
2. ECU Reprogramming
3. Gas (I noticed the tank was full and wondered, that you Lexus)
4. Car wash (This is normal)
5. Clean and add mat (reinstalled the regular drivers side mat)

I'm glad I did it especially because of the ECU reprogramming.

Thank you Lexus...nice job,
JerryF
Attached Thumbnails Gas Pedal Fix for 2007 ES350-gp-2.jpg   Gas Pedal Fix for 2007 ES350-gp-1.jpg  
Old 02-19-10, 12:27 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Wow I never saw the end result but no offense that looks really bad. That pedal looks very strange. Honestly I rather take my chances with the regular pedal.
Old 02-19-10, 12:54 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

The look of the pedal does not bother me at all because I never really look down at the gas pedal. I might agree if the modification affected, let's say, the look of the dash board or the right front fender and so forth.

In this case safety is paramount ESPECIALLY if someone other than myself were to be driving my/our car.

I say this because even before the sticking gas pedal problem became apparent I would have IMMEDIATELY shifted to neutral if the engine started racing and the car started accelerating; therefore, my reason for doing this was to protect someone other than myself. Anyone who has a 16 year old inexperienced driver should consider this mod even if the "now ugly" gas pedal wrecks the beautiful looks of a Lexus.

Last edited by jerfitz; 02-19-10 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-19-10, 12:59 PM
zhivuyatut
Driver

Yep, mine looks the same, and the looks don't bother me.
The feel under foot is still absolutely the same. I noticed no change.

Wow, Jerry, your floor carpet is so darn clean!
I guess you drive where it never rains or snows.
Old 02-19-10, 01:02 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I mentioned this in another thread, but I had the pedal/floor modification done on my '07 and '10 and by the time I got the car home had forgotten about the look of the fix.

As jerfitz mentioned, it's not that visible to the driver or passengers. To each his/her own though.
Old 02-19-10, 01:22 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

We don't get snow here in Las Vegas and not to much rain. BUT, the dealer's wash crew really did a good job of cleaning the mat before reinstalling it so the clean look is to their credit.

JerFitz
Old 02-19-10, 03:38 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will opt out of the recall. I already received the new all weather mat about 2 years ago. The mat and the pedal are not even close to each other.
Old 02-19-10, 04:16 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Getting all of the recall done next Saturday, 2/27. They will modify the pedal, modify the floor surface in the driver's foot well, install a new override system that will cut the power in case of power and braking, replace the oil hose. The service rep told me that it will take approximately five hours to do. I am the first one at 7:15AM Saturday morning. Will drop off the car Friday night. Declined the loaner / she told me that they would wash the car and fill with gas as a courtesy for the inconvenience. She also said to bring as empty of gas as possible. I will comply.
Old 02-19-10, 06:17 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by garsarno
Getting all of the recall done next Saturday, 2/27. They will modify the pedal, modify the floor surface in the driver's foot well, install a new override system that will cut the power in case of power and braking, replace the oil hose. The service rep told me that it will take approximately five hours to do. I am the first one at 7:15AM Saturday morning. Will drop off the car Friday night. Declined the loaner / she told me that they would wash the car and fill with gas as a courtesy for the inconvenience. She also said to bring as empty of gas as possible. I will comply.
Good luck with all of the work being performed.
Old 02-19-10, 06:19 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I mentioned this in another thread, but I had the pedal/floor modification done on my '07 and '10 and by the time I got the car home had forgotten about the look of the fix.

As jerfitz mentioned, it's not that visible to the driver or passengers. To each his/her own though.
LexBob, on your 10, was it delivered with the pedal modified, or did you have to bring it back to have it performed?
Old 02-19-10, 06:29 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by MD350
LexBob, on your 10, was it delivered with the pedal modified, or did you have to bring it back to have it performed?
Hi MD, the pedal and floor modifcations (as well as the ECU update) were already done when I bought the car.

I looked at the cars service history online, and they were done before the dealership put the car in inventory. I wonder if all dealerships are doing that on cars received after a certain date?
Old 02-20-10, 07:56 AM
Richard95
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Hi MD, the pedal and floor modifcations (as well as the ECU update) were already done when I bought the car.

I looked at the cars service history online, and they were done before the dealership put the car in inventory. I wonder if all dealerships are doing that on cars received after a certain date?
No, I found that out. It must depend on the dealership.
Old 02-21-10, 04:59 PM
ingoodtime
Pole Position

My wife got a CPO 2007 ES350 on Jan 30th. I registered her vehicle on the Lexus Drivers web site. I have checked the service campaign area and it shows no campaigns for her car. I wonder if anyone has the service code for the gas pedal modification so I can check her vehicle service history and see if it was done.

Thanks.
Old 02-21-10, 05:08 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For the oil hose replacement: LSC 9LH

For the gas pedal / floor mats: no number notation / just the recall letter.
Old 02-21-10, 05:43 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Originally Posted by garsarno
For the oil hose replacement: LSC 9LH

For the gas pedal / floor mats: no number notation / just the recall letter.
garsarno, You are correct on the oil campaign number LSC (limited service campaign) 9LH. The pedal and floor mats are are on SSC (special service campaign) 9LG. These codes are noted on my receipt for the work done.

Pete

Quick Reply: Gas Pedal Fix for 2007 ES350