ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Adding Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-09, 12:28 AM
statcomp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Adding Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP)

Like most of yours, my es350 has bluetooth handsfree system without A2DP which means you cannot wirelessly play music from your bluetooth-enabled device over your car speaker system. So I am trying to add that A2DP to my car. Here are the ways I found so far.

1. Bluetooth stereo headset or car kit with 3.5mm connector. connecting 3.5mm male-to-male cable between Aux In and the headset/kit would give simple A2DP functionality. Problems with this setup is location of mic and charging the kit. In addition, you have to abandon existing bluetooth handsfree system in your lexus. (cost: $15-$150)

2. Bluetooth stereo FM transmitter. This one is absolutely wireless as it recieves bluetooth stereo signals from your device and send it as FM radio sigmals so you can hear the music through your car radio. As you can guess, however, its sound quality is at most that of FM radio. (cost: $50-$100)

3. Replacing your bluetooth handsfree system with the A2DP one. I think this is clean solution but suspect it may cost a lot but have no idea. FYI, lexus web sites does not provide this feature as an option for ES model. http://www.lexus.com/innovation/

If you have any experience adding A2DP to your lexus, please post. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by statcomp; 06-28-09 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-21-11, 08:59 AM
2008rx350
Driver School Candidate

Default Did you come up with a solution?

I am trying to come up with a solution for this and other members are suggesting the blackberry music gateway but if you dont have the ports you're still pooched as you then have to get the expensive vais or other boxes. How can you get a basic 'line in' connection into a NAV that doesn't have a line-in jack without buying the expensive vais solutions?
Old 01-23-11, 07:07 PM
hahnt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by statcomp
Like most of yours, my es350 has bluetooth handsfree system without A2DP which means you cannot wirelessly play music from your bluetooth-enabled device over your car speaker system. So I am trying to add that A2DP to my car. Here are the ways I found so far.

1. Bluetooth stereo headset or car kit with 3.5mm connector. connecting 3.5mm male-to-male cable between Aux In and the headset/kit would give simple A2DP functionality. Problems with this setup is location of mic and charging the kit. In addition, you have to abandon existing bluetooth handsfree system in your lexus. (cost: $15-$150)

2. Bluetooth stereo FM transmitter. This one is absolutely wireless as it recieves bluetooth stereo signals from your device and send it as FM radio sigmals so you can hear the music through your car radio. As you can guess, however, its sound quality is at most that of FM radio. (cost: $50-$100)

3. Replacing your bluetooth handsfree system with the A2DP one. I think this is clean solution but suspect it may cost a lot but have no idea. FYI, lexus web sites does not provide this feature as an option for ES model. http://www.lexus.com/innovation/

If you have any experience adding A2DP to your lexus, please post. Thanks in advance.
Check out the Scosche BTAX Motormouth. It is a small adapter that plugs into the AUX jack and allows you to A2DP audio. I bought mine locally for $79.99 from Fry's but I bet you can get them cheaper on the internet. It works fine except for a little alternator whine if you charge it while using it.
Old 01-24-11, 07:29 AM
statcomp
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy No solution yet

I haven't found any single solution that works fine. As previous poster said, solutions are working fine until they are connected to recharging port. While charging, the stereo music is unlistenable with noise. I am not sure it's a problem with these solutions though because when I even connected wired MP3 players to AUX port, the same symptom (noise when recharging) occurred. So I assume that it's a problem with Lexus AUX port. Speaking of this devil, I hate it's location (inside of compartment) and it often plugs in but does not make any sound until you adjust the connection by rotating the plug. At this point, I prefer not to do anything with the AUX port.
Old 01-25-11, 06:06 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The aux port option is the cheapest - but it is not a digital connection to the amp.

The more expensive solution is to get a DICE Mediabridge MB-1500. This will give you digital integration to headunit and Bluetooth A2DP supporting both phone and music.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...up-buying.html
Old 01-26-11, 07:38 AM
pratik_10
Pole Position

here try this out people are doing it on the is and say it works well

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...sing-a2dp.html
Old 01-31-11, 06:05 PM
hahnt
Driver School Candidate

Default IS solution still has noise

I looked on the IS site and (around page three) they talk about the alternator whine from ground loop while the BT device is charging

The IS owners mentioned a TSIB for alternator whine - do you know if the same applies for the '09 ES350s?
Old 02-08-11, 04:59 PM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

Default Check out this Post

Originally Posted by statcomp
I haven't found any single solution that works fine. As previous poster said, solutions are working fine until they are connected to recharging port. While charging, the stereo music is unlistenable with noise. I am not sure it's a problem with these solutions though because when I even connected wired MP3 players to AUX port, the same symptom (noise when recharging) occurred. So I assume that it's a problem with Lexus AUX port. Speaking of this devil, I hate it's location (inside of compartment) and it often plugs in but does not make any sound until you adjust the connection by rotating the plug. At this point, I prefer not to do anything with the AUX port.
Here is a post that can get you what you need for a better price. The media bridge will meet your needs. Also, you can purchase the Unit @ Quantum Wireless, Media Bridge 1500 for Toyota...here is the link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ml#post6130395
Old 03-31-11, 12:53 PM
statcomp
Driver School Candidate

At this point, I am looking for a solution replacing factory bluetooth component in my Lexus. If it can be done, it might be actually a fun project - I hope I can control the other component with bluetooth as well. Has anybody done this?
Old 04-04-11, 03:10 PM
LexiPodCpt
Former Sponsor

Default Media Bridge 1500 for Lexus

Hi,

If you fit in the below compatibility Dice Media Bridge would be a nice way to get a great iPod solution, Blutooth Solution, Wireless A2DP Audio Streaming from iPhone/Smartphone...and much more...here is a link to watch a video: http://diceelectronics.com/media-bridge-info .......

Lexus -- MediaBridge 2/11/2011
Model Year Part Number Compatible Radios Conditions
IS 06-09 MBR-1500-TOY Radios with SAT or TEXT option 1,2,3
ES 05-09 MBR-1500-TOY Radios with SAT or TEXT option 1,2,3
GS 06-09 MBR-1500-TOY Radios with SAT or TEXT option 1,2,3
RX 05-09 MBR-1500-TOY Radios with SAT or TEXT option 1,2,3
LS 04-09 MBR-1500-TOY Radios with SAT or TEXT option 1,2,3
LX 05-09 MBR-1500-TOY Radios with SAT or TEXT option 1,2,3
Note: 1- Radio must have TEXT button (soft button on touch screen) to display text.
Note: 2- To retain factory SAT module, or for radios with integrated SAT tuner (may be indicated by a <<XM>>
logo or having a RADIO button instead of SAT), the kit must be used in CDC/MP3 mode.
Note: 3- To enable SiriusConnect compatible tuner (i.e. SC-C1, not included), kit must be in SAT mode.

If you have any furtherr questions please let me know. Quantum Wireless has some great deales, 10% of and free shipping. I thank you for your inquiry, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Regards,

-J

Jay
Old 06-01-11, 04:01 PM
statcomp
Driver School Candidate

FYI, I finally got this work. The winner was Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway 2008rx suggested. Unlike other products, this does not make any side noise while connecting the charger. Since it's very small, I could locate it inside of compartment where it is connected with 3.5mm connector. Thus wires are not visible any more. Amazing enough, the phone is connecting to the other bluetooth hand-free in the car when someone calls while it was playing via this gateway. It's $40 bucks so mostly affordable. In other words, everything with this small device is perfect.
Old 03-26-20, 11:52 AM
nx428
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this possible?

Does anyone know if the 2010-12 factory es 350 radio would work in a 2007. Going from a non nav or mark levinson equipped to another non nav or mark levinson radio. If it would just plug and play then would that not be a way to add the a2dp function?
Just wondering because if it did I'd be interested.

Last edited by nx428; 03-26-20 at 12:12 PM. Reason: forgot to specify the radio type