ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Why are problems not showing in JD Power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-06, 11:13 PM
wcbwcb
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are problems not showing in JD Power?

The ES350 has been on the streets since Mar. Why are the problems and owner dissatisfaction not showing up in JD Power? Why hasn't any of the car magazines, Consumer Reports, etc mentioned anything? Isn't 10 months enough time?

Just curious as to how this works.
Old 12-11-06, 11:38 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

I guess it really depends on who sends their stuff in and when the problems occurred. I received my survey but never sent it in.
Old 12-12-06, 12:58 AM
cocopops
Pole Position

me too. holding on to it. dont wanna send it too early.
Old 12-12-06, 06:32 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only surveys I am aware of mailed to us as buyers would be one from the dealer or one like I received from Lexus corporate, not JD Power.

The one from Lexus corporate can either be filled out and mailed back or you can go online and fill it out.

If JD Power is mailing out surveys, I have never received even one for my former ES350.
Old 12-12-06, 07:00 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

It was the salesman you talk about in your other post who told you this JD Power stuff right? I'd say consider the source.
Old 12-12-06, 08:35 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The strange thing is the Lexus 'ES' are NOT listed in the model surveys.
Old 12-12-06, 08:42 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by amf1932
The strange thing is the Lexus 'ES' are NOT listed in the model surveys.
I noticed that too. I looked on the J.D. Power web site, and nothing appears. Other '07 models are listed. I wonder what's up?
Old 12-12-06, 10:23 AM
Patric
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I noticed that too. I looked on the J.D. Power web site, and nothing appears. Other '07 models are listed. I wonder what's up?
Maybe Lexus has asked them to keep it off their site until they can get all the problems fixed.

Pat
Old 12-12-06, 12:46 PM
kewago
Driver School Candidate

Default Complain

I have noticed that these automotive, no matter what the brand, chat rooms are havens for chronic complainers. No matter what the offering, there are problems. If you really what something to berate, go buy a Benz! There are multitudes of people out there that would love to be in your seat!
Old 12-12-06, 12:49 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kewago
I have noticed that these automotive, no matter what the brand, chat rooms are havens for chronic complainers. No matter what the offering, there are problems. If you really what something to berate, go buy a Benz! There are multitudes of people out there that would love to be in your seat!
Gee is that why you are here, are you looking to complain so you found you way here for a place to lodge your complaints?
Old 12-12-06, 02:29 PM
marcinNH
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kewago

I'm not usually one to jump into the fray when there's someone trolling for trouble. In this case I'll make an exception though.

The above post is absolutely *worthless drivel*

Do you have nothing better to do, Kewago, than this? Why don't you contribute something constructive or attempt to instigate somewhere else with a constituency more fit for your maturity level... Might I suggest a pre-school class...
Old 12-12-06, 03:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Originally Posted by marcinNH
I'm not usually one to jump into the fray when there's someone trolling for trouble. In this case I'll make an exception though.

The above post is absolutely *worthless drivel*

Do you have nothing better to do, Kewago, than this? Why don't you contribute something constructive or attempt to instigate somewhere else with a constituency more fit for your maturity level... Might I suggest a pre-school class...
Please knock off the insults folks. I'll quote a post I have in the 2IS forum that applies here equally.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
A Request and Message to ALL 2IS Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed an issue with the 2IS forum.... while this forum has been growing rapidly both in members and post activity, it is not experiencing a similar growth in sense of community. What makes Club Lexus a special place is that our members nearly always are mature, we help each other out and work through their differences like adults. We forge friendships with those we've never met and those that we connect with at local CL meets.

Lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another in the 2IS model forum.

These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community in the 2IS forum, starting now. If you want to post in order to simply flame other members or be an e-thug, it's time for you to find another forum.

HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways...

Stop the bleeding
1) informing members of this request, asking for their help
2) increased moderator presence and attention in the 2IS forum
3) better education about our forum rules including personal attacks and response to comments ((click here to review them) and stricter enforcement via recorded 'infractions' for members who break them
4) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings
5) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules where appropriate

Resuscitate the breathing
1) better communication on sense of community and of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
2) nomination of additional moderators to monitor the 2IS forum and help members
3) update of the 2IS FAQ forum to help cut down on any repetitive Q&A

WE NEED YOUR HELP

Help grow the sense of community by:
  • Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post.
  • Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it, don't respond or use the 'report a post' button to notify moderators of an issue
  • Pitch in to welcome and help recent joiners. Refer them to the FAQ or information they're looking for
  • Contribute to the knowledgebase of the forum as you can through DIY posts and helping others

I'd also like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads. Welcome them.

If you get an infraction or a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We'll accept feedback on this thread for a short while, then it will be pruned and left as a sticky in this forum for a period of time.
kewago, welcome to Club Lexus and I hope that other members will welcome you to Club Lexus. I hope they'll let you speak your mind without attack as they have spoken theirs on other posts... even if your opinions don't agree with theirs.

I will say as a long term member, moderator and administrator that I certainly don't agree with your initial statement as it applies to Club Lexus. But it is your first post and I'll look forward to you contributing positively on the forum in the future rather than genericly complaining about it. Its up to our members to make this an informational community to share both success and issues.

I apologize for the prior two posts, let me know personally if it continues to happen.

EDIT - If members have any commentary or questions on my above community message, please PM me. Let's get this thread back on track.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-12-06 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-12-06, 05:04 PM
cowdung
Rookie

kewago, welcome to Club Lexus and I hope that other members will welcome you to Club Lexus. I hope they'll let you speak your mind as they have spoken theirs...[/B][/QUOTE]

sounds like a contradiction to me. As they say in the movie industry "ox-moron"
Old 12-12-06, 05:31 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to the forum Kewago.
Old 12-12-06, 06:16 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, welcome Kewago! Looking forward to your own complains, I'm sure they are just around the corner

Also, this has been mentioned before. People join auto forums for two main reasons, when they are searching for a specific problem/solution with their car or to seek an advice for modding of their car. Rarely anybody searches the net to find a forum so they can let everybody know how happy they are. Oh, also don't forget a HUGE number of older folks who drive Lexus and don't even know how to get on the net. Or a number of blue haired grandma's who let they car warm up for 10-15 minutes before they start driving their ES350. And even if flare happens, they have no idea what it is.

ps also there is a 3rd group that researches about a new car before they ready to pull a trigger....

Quick Reply: Why are problems not showing in JD Power?