ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350
View Poll Results: What was the result after your trans TSIB fix?
It worked! My trans now behaves perfectly.
5.56%
I'm still getting slippage between various gears. I haven't had my trans replaced - yet.
50.00%
The TSIB failed - I now have a new trans installed.
22.22%
The TSIB failed - I now have a new ES350 as a result.
0%
My dealer skipped the TSIB and went straight for a trans replacement.
22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Transmission TSIB repair results

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-06, 09:11 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear what's happened Jonathann. I know EXACTLY what you're feeling right now. Unfortunately I think you'll be stuck with a new trans now, again with no guarantee of success. I advised them in no way did I want a new trans and I tried to fight it, but I got one anyway. No other option was even considered a possibility to them. TSIB fails, next step = new trans. You'll likely find your trans behaves differently too now, post TSIB.

Leaving in 30 mins to go meet my Lexus rep to get this all sorted out with my case.
Old 12-08-06, 07:51 PM
Jonathann
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
40 miles???? and to the beach, that is absurd!!!! I could see 5 miles total if you read the TSIB instructions to the dealer service dept.from Lexus, NO WAY could it be 40 miles, you just got majorly taken advantage of. And then add the known about the transmission itself.

You see crap like that done to you on investigative reports and stuff on TV but never realize it is going to actually happen to you.

Your attorney general guy in your state Elliot Spitzer(?) handles abuse like that, I'd seriously consider calling his office over it.

I'd be LIVID......
Well to be completely honest, when I initially informed the service manager of the rpm flare issue I also explained that the trans hesitated after driving for a while. At this point he stated he would personally take the car for a test drive an put some milage on it, which wasn't a big deal to me; although he probably should have called a second time to get permission. I honestly don't think he was taking advantage and don't have that much of a problem with it....but I do have a problem with the entire situation in general. Of course I am pissed off about the problem, and the survery will reflect it, but I'm not going to give myself a stroke over it. I do appreciate the advice!

Originally Posted by wanderer99
I'm so sorry to hear what's happened Jonathann. I know EXACTLY what you're feeling right now. Unfortunately I think you'll be stuck with a new trans now, again with no guarantee of success. I advised them in no way did I want a new trans and I tried to fight it, but I got one anyway. No other option was even considered a possibility to them. TSIB fails, next step = new trans. You'll likely find your trans behaves differently too now, post TSIB.

Leaving in 30 mins to go meet my Lexus rep to get this all sorted out with my case.
Thanks...of course they offered to come pick up the car again and run some more diagnostics etc; which would eventually lead to a transmission replacement as we know. Since I don't think it makes sense to have the trans replaced, and we already know the probable results, the response was pretty much typical and expected - contact Lexus corporate, which I will of course. Since the flare only occurs within the first 2 minutes of a cold start and I don't see a suitable fix I will do what many others have done. Drive it the way it is and have the trans replaced when it explodes. The hesitation and irratic shifting seems to have been resolved, but we'll see how long it lasts.
Old 12-08-06, 09:23 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Took my car to the service center today for a wash. I check with my service consultant and my TSIB Valve body came in and have scheduled the install for next Tuesday. I was introduced to the shop Forman, we talked about the flare issue. Then he wanted to test the car with me in it. He was testing the transmission shifting under load. If it went from first to third by passing 2nd than that would have been the trans problem found in the early build as Wanderer99 refers to as Trans #1 problem. The car passed. After the test we talked at length about the transmission problems from before the release date to today’s Flare issue. So the Valve Body will be installed Tuesday and he’ll contact Lexus Corporate.
Old 12-11-06, 06:39 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

I have some updated information that I'm going to post on this subject in the next few days.
Old 12-11-06, 08:14 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

@wanderer99: its better be some good news!!!
Old 12-11-06, 10:02 PM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by wanderer99
I have some updated information that I'm going to post on this subject in the next few days.
Sooner would be better than later, in case the info sways anyone on the fence with a purchase
Old 12-13-06, 03:04 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

PLEASE HELP!

I have a meeting with a national Lexus Representative. So far, everybody at Lexus Corp is saying the same thing.....the transmission TSIB DOES WORK! Well, I know from many posters here that the transmission TSIB does NOT work. For those of you that had the transmission TSIB performed and subsequently fail to resolve your transmission spike/flare problem, can you help me by PM'ing me your vin # and the date the TSIB was performed? I just want to provide a few data points to the National Rep. that the TSIB is NOT working. Since I have not had the TSIB performed on my car, I can't use my car as an example.

My objective is to get some concrete information about a "real" fix for our transmission problem and prevent Lexus Corp from hiding behind a failed TSIB. I will report my findings!
Old 12-13-06, 03:14 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2007es350
PLEASE HELP!

I have a meeting with a national Lexus Representative. So far, everybody at Lexus Corp is saying the same thing.....the transmission TSIB DOES WORK! Well, I know from many posters here that the transmission TSIB does NOT work. For those of you that had the transmission TSIB performed and subsequently fail to resolve your transmission spike/flare problem, can you help me by PM'ing me your vin # and the date the TSIB was performed? I just want to provide a few data points to the National Rep. that the TSIB is NOT working. Since I have not had the TSIB performed on my car, I can't use my car as an example.

My objective is to get some concrete information about a "real" fix for our transmission problem and prevent Lexus Corp from hiding behind a failed TSIB. I will report my findings!
If they are uncomfortable sending you their own VIN # for any reason, would the name of the dealer that did it and has experienced failed TSIB help you?

I wonder if they are having you on a fast track all of a sudden because you told them you were an attorney. Man since you posted that seems the wheels are turning faster, though they should be responsive to everyone.
Old 12-13-06, 03:22 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

If they are uncomfortable sending you their own VIN # for any reason, would the name of the dealer that did it and has experienced failed TSIB help you?

I wonder if they are having you on a fast track all of a sudden because you told them you were an attorney. Man since you posted that seems the wheels are turning faster, though they should be responsive to everyone.
Yes, the dealership name would help too. HOWEVER, the VIN # would be BEST information; Lexus can always say that the dealer could not confirm the failed TSIB.

By the way, I'm not going to divulge how I got these VIN#s or which people they are associated with on this board. I just want to present the plain fact that the TSIB does NOT work and here are several VIN#s that demonstrate failed TSIB fixes.

At the end of the day, even though many people were not treated well by Lexus, it is simply not acceptable to provide an ineffective TSIB and let Lexus claim that the problem is already solved.

If I can provide several VIN#s to the National Rep where the TSIB failed, and the National Rep still denies there is a problem beyond this failed TSIB, I will report back you all. Hopefully, I can report back a "real" fix.
Old 12-13-06, 03:28 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Yes, the dealership name would help too. HOWEVER, the VIN # would be BEST information; Lexus can always say that the dealer could not confirm the failed TSIB.

By the way, I'm not going to divulge how I got these VIN#s or which people they are associated with on this board. I just want to present the plain fact that the TSIB does NOT work and here are several VIN#s that demonstrate failed TSIB fixes.

At the end of the day, even though many people were not treated well by Lexus, it is simply not acceptable to provide an ineffective TSIB and let Lexus claim that the problem is already solved.

If I can provide several VIN#s to the National Rep where the TSIB failed, and the National Rep still denies there is a problem beyond this failed TSIB, I will report back you all. Hopefully, I can report back a "real" fix.
I hope you get what you need here, I'm sure you will.

I ASSURE you though, Lexus KNOWS the TSIB is not working from their service info tracking. They know and why they are doing this is beyond me.

People have said, oh just a few complainers find their way on these forums, but I took statistics in college and believe me the odds of this many of the supposed complaining minority reporting TSIB failure to the degree reported on here are astronomically against this being isolated TSIB failures.
Old 12-13-06, 03:34 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

I hope you get what you need here, I'm sure you will.

I ASSURE you though, Lexus KNOWS the TSIB is not working from their service info tracking. They know and why they are doing this is beyond me.

People have said, oh just a few complainers find their way on these forums, but I took statistics in college and believe me the odds of this many of the supposed complaining minority reporting TSIB failure to the degree reported on here are astronomically against this being isolated TSIB failures.
Thanks, Bob. That's the reason for the VIN#s, because I know the National Rep will tell me that you can't trust what people post on the Internet! I'm also sure they know the TSIB fix won't work. However, they won't admit that to the rest of us. I just want Lexus Corp to realize that: (1) we do know that the TSIB won't work; (2) we won't stop talking about it until our cars are fixed; and (3) if Lexus Corp isn't trying to find a "real" solution, we have the option under the Lemon Law to return our cars.
Old 12-13-06, 03:43 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Thanks, Bob. That's the reason for the VIN#s, because I know the National Rep will tell me that you can't trust what people post on the Internet! I'm also sure they know the TSIB fix won't work. However, they won't admit that to the rest of us. I just want Lexus Corp to realize that: (1) we do know that the TSIB won't work; (2) we won't stop talking about it until our cars are fixed; and (3) if Lexus Corp isn't trying to find a "real" solution, we have the option under the Lemon Law to return our cars.

you could try looking at worst case scenario...you go through the hassle of the TSIB, then the hassle of a transmission being replaced, does it make sense, NO, but ultimately there will be progress.
Old 12-13-06, 03:46 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

you could try looking at worst case scenario...you go through the hassle of the TSIB, then the hassle of a transmission being replaced, does it make sense, NO, but ultimately there will be progress.
Based on the response from the National Rep, it will determine my strategy moving forward. I really like my car. However, if I'm forced to keep a car with a defective transmission with no hope for a fix, then I will pursue my buy-back option.
Old 12-13-06, 05:04 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Had the TSIB for the shift flare between 3rd and 4th gear. Dealer tried TSIB repair yesterday but in their road test, the flare was still present. New transmission on order with expected repair by mid next week. Merry Xmas.
Gave me new RX350 when first diagnosed - OK vehicle. Now we have a IS250 AWD loaner - little too rough. We love the ES350 but being first time Lexus owners, are not impressed with the 2007 quality and the mega dealership where the Lexus franchise is located. Build date is 8/06.
Old 12-13-06, 05:59 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Default The TSIB does not work.

I'm finally going to post my news on this. I apologise for the delay as I've been sitting on this since last Friday morning and didn't want to post openly before I had an outcome on my case from Lexus Canada. Remember that this info is from Lexus Canada - how this applies to the US remains to be seen, but we usually implement what they do..... just like this TSIB.

I met with the Snr Lexus Tech Rep for Western Canada last Friday AM. We went over my car, as well as my issues regarding the TSIB install making things worse, and my subsequent trans replacement.

The Lexus tech rep informed me that:
- The TSIB does not work. Lexus knows this.
- The TSIB was going to be withdrawn 'within the next few days'.
- The new TSIB process for the 3/4 flare issue is to perform complete transmission replacement, period.
- Lexus engineers were under extreme pressure at the time to come out with something - anything - to get fixes for the issue. They came up with this, which doesn't work.

So there you have it. We all know it didn't work. I didn't want the TSIB, but was forced to take it. The engineer confirms what we already knew, and what Lexus is going to do next.

The rep also advised that his trans had been replaced in his car and he too had slipping on his new trans. After 2000kms or so of driving his trans was behaving normally. For this reason there will be no buy back offered to me, but I'm going to post that in the Lexus Canada experiences thread as this is a different response to the US one.

Quick Reply: Transmission TSIB repair results