ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

New ES 350 Owner; I have questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 08:21 PM
GeorgeS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ES 350 Owner; I have questions...

Hi, everyone!

I picked up my Ruby Red Metallic ES 350 Friday afternoon, and have been trying to personalize it ever since.

I got the Blackberry/Bluetooth phone paired up alright, but I cannot seem to change the setting that unlocks all doors when I put the car in park (I don't want them to unlock automatically).
Try as I might, even with manual in hand, I cannot change this setting. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, where did you buy your car covers, and what brand were they? I tried to get the salesman to throw one in, but he declined. Living in the northeast means the car will experience some 'weather'.

Thanks,
George
Old 08-27-06, 08:50 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi George...welcome to Club Lexus and congratulations on ES 350 purchase. You will get a lot more out of this forum if you read the posts. The customizable features is currently being discussed on the front page of this forum and didn't even require a search. It's still there now, but in case you don't check the forum for several more days, here is a link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=235026. These are also in your manual.

Either way, there is already a lot of information here in the forum that goes back way before the April 2006 on-sale date of the vehicle.

I have a Lexus brand car cover and it works great. I find it pricey... some dealers wanted more than $400, but I was able to get it for $275 at one of my local dealers. I recommend it because it's custom fitted for the ES. But I'm sure others would work. The Lexus one fits like a glove.

Finally, I highly advise you spend 3-4 hours reading all of your manuals. There is a tremendous amount of information in there, and it will answer many questions you may have in advance.

What trim did you get on your ES 350?
Old 08-27-06, 08:58 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Go to the Lexus dealer for a complimentary personalized setting. I believe this free service must be done within 12 months of purchasing the car. They changed my setting to unlock doors only when I touch the unlock button.
Old 08-27-06, 09:50 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

thats one of the recommended setting changes. It prevents a mugger from opening your door right when you park. If you drive by yourself, with this setting changed, you wouldnt need to touch the unlock switch because the front doors open from the inside without needing to be unlocked first. Neat.
Old 08-28-06, 08:58 AM
GeorgeS
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, gentlemen! I have to visit the dealer in a day or two to pick up my permanent license plates, and will have them change the setting.

jeffofla,
Do you know if CoverCraft is the manufacturer of the Lexus-brand car cover? I had one of their custom-fit covers for my Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, and it was a very good cover.

I had a bit of a letdown the other day; the driver's seat belt does not auto-retract. They'll have to check it out (probably a stuck detent or something).

George
Old 08-28-06, 10:23 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeS
Thank you, gentlemen
and gentlegirl....(Cali_Girl)
Old 08-28-06, 10:28 AM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeS
Do you know if CoverCraft is the manufacturer of the Lexus-brand car cover? I had one of their custom-fit covers for my Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, and it was a very good cover
George, my box just has the Toyota part # on it. But the car cover itself does say Lexus. I'm not sure if CoverCraft manufacturers it for Lexus/Toyota or not. Also, I'm wondering if the Avalon is the same size car with the same dimensions. Because it it is, I bet the Avalon car cover would work. I don't know if they are the same quality, but my guess are that they are, and it is cheaper than the Lexus brand. Either way, I really like the snug fit of this one and don't regret the purchase.
Old 08-28-06, 10:38 AM
GeorgeS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexucan
and gentlegirl....(Cali_Girl)
A thousand pardons, Cali_Girl.

Jeff,
I read that the ES350 is 'Camry-based', so I'm wondering whether a cover for the Camry might be a closer fit.

How does your cover stay on? Is it gathered on the bottom? Does it secure with a lock and cable?

Thanks,
George
Old 08-28-06, 03:16 PM
Ingram4868
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffofla
I'm wondering if the Avalon is the same size car with the same dimensions. Because it it is, I bet the Avalon car cover would work.
FYI, the Avalon is larger so it may fit overall but it will not be a tight fit. The glass on the Avalon is much larger than the ES.