ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Premium Package Availability In California For ES350

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-06, 01:37 PM
Henine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium Package Availability In California For ES350

This site is such a terrific resource. Thanks to all participants!

I hoping someone might be able to provide me with information as to what packages are available in California. When configuring the ES350 on Lexus' website, you are prompted to enter your zip code for a listing of available packages in the region. When I did this about a month ago, the Premium Plus and others were listed, but not the Premium package. Now, when configuring the ES350 on the Lexus website, the Premium package is listed. Does this mean that the Premium Package is now available in California?

The few dealerships I have visited have indicated that the Premium Package is NOT available in California or in the West Coast region. I would like to confirm.

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-24-06, 01:55 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't trust Lexus.com to tell you the availability of certain packages in your zip code area!
I say this because I was looking for the ultra luxury package in my zip code and there were none listed. I went to my dealer and he didn't have any, but low and behold the very next day he called me and said he got one UL Edition...which I immediately bought. This transaction was the first week in May. I just spoke to my dealer and he told me that there's at least a 3 month wait for a UL edition if you order it now. It's a good thing I snapped up this car quickly!
I might add......it's worth the wait.......I absolutely love this car!!
Old 06-24-06, 10:21 PM
Henine
Driver School Candidate

Hi. Thanks so much for the info. I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying your new ES350. The UL is very nice indeed. I hope to be doing the same within the next few weeks although I'm still mulling over the packages with my wife.

Take care and thanks for taking the time to respond.
Old 06-25-06, 10:24 AM
cocopops
Pole Position

Hi there Henine. Most cars sold in our region will come with either the Premium Plus or Ultra Luxury. Allocation for Premium package is very sporadic. Few dealers that I went to have only had 1-2 cars that came with the premium package for the last few months. I believe Lexus is really trying to push the PP and UL.

This is my 1st post, so welcome me I am also going to get my ES350 in the next few weeks. It will come with PP as I am not too enamored with the UL. Would rather save up for the rainy days
Old 06-25-06, 10:36 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cocopops
Hi there Henine. Most cars sold in our region will come with either the Premium Plus or Ultra Luxury. Allocation for Premium package is very sporadic. Few dealers that I went to have only had 1-2 cars that came with the premium package for the last few months. I believe Lexus is really trying to push the PP and UL.

This is my 1st post, so welcome me I am also going to get my ES350 in the next few weeks. It will come with PP as I am not too enamored with the UL. Would rather save up for the rainy days
The only problem is, if you want the panoramic sunroof or the Mark Levinson audio you have to get the UL edition, and that's what I wanted. Any lesser equipment package won't give you these options.
Old 06-25-06, 11:18 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what part of so cali are u in,,, if you let me know specifically what you want,, i can see if my buddy has that car available...
Old 06-26-06, 06:56 PM
Henine
Driver School Candidate

A special welcome to Cocopops and thanks to all with your responses. As expected, I am suspected, I am learning more about the car which will make my transaction ultimately smoother for not only me but the salesperson.

To b1gredek: Thank you for your kind offer. I may take you up on your generous offer, but at this time, my wife and I are leaning more towards the PP which I know is offered in CA.

It's been awhile since I've been so excited buying a car. I started with a Lexus over 12 years ago (BTW, it's still running great with over 180,000 miles and with no unexpected service breakdowns. As a matter of fact, it's running so well I will give it to my daughter and son-in-law with a high degree of confidence that it will serve them for the next several years).

Again, thanks to all.
Old 06-27-06, 07:47 AM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your very welcome,, that is what this site is for,,, many members have bought cars off my buddy,, feel free to cross shop to make sure you get the best deal
Old 07-02-06, 07:46 PM
Henine
Driver School Candidate

Well, my wife and I are now anxiously awaiting the arrival of our newly ordered ES350 with the Premium Plus package. Thanks for all your comments. We have learned quite a bit.
Old 07-02-06, 10:12 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

wow....great... may i know what color you ordered? The PP package won't disappoint you. Though I am now kinda disappointed that I didnt go for ML but its ok I can live with it as I dont intend to use this car for long road trips and there is always the portable dvd player.
Old 07-04-06, 10:33 PM
Henine
Driver School Candidate

Being conservative, my wife and I chose the Tungsten Pearl (Silver) with light grey interior. I actually preferred a darker interior, but my counterpart didn't. We flipped a coin, she won. Regardless of colors, we're both happy because we feel this car will provide us with many years of enjoyment.