ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

what did you pay for your ES 350

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-06, 06:49 AM
rajwany
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what did you pay for your ES 350

guys this is important. as we all know these car have huge markup, and dealers are singing all the way to the bank. if we keep paying sticker they will never lower the price down, we have to negotiate as much as posible. its not that we cant afford to pay sticker, but why waste. most of us like to buy new cars every 2 or 3 years, paying high now will hurt you in selling. if we all stick together and get the message out to all our friends and family, dont pay sticker, the dealers will have to discount them 500 or 1000 over invoice. dont forget there is a big holdback on these cars ,so the dealer will still make enough money. good luck and lets get the word out.

Last edited by rajwany; 05-05-06 at 06:50 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 05-05-06, 07:48 AM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the way it has always been done and while your arguement is valiant, it's not reality. If we stick together and don't by gas, will they lower the price? The reality is pricing is based on three factors - Supply, demand, and negotiating skills. I will tell you that I purchased my Lexus ES 350 on launch day last Tuesday with everything on it, except for parking assist and the adaptive cruise control/collision package. I did not pay retail, but paid several thousand dollars below MSRP for my new ES 350. Maybe it helps that I give all my service to the dealer and that I bought my previous car from them too.
Old 05-05-06, 08:57 AM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Several thousand below list -are you for real?
Old 05-05-06, 09:10 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dotbowels
Several thousand below list -are you for real?
Depends on the person. Some people have connections (empoyee discounts and the such) where you can get absurd amounts of money discounted. My parents paid 10% below invoice for theirs: $44k MSRP, and they paid $36k.
Old 05-05-06, 11:07 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10% Below ??

If MSRP was 44K & they paid 36K that is over 20% off MSRP.
Do they own the dealership?
Old 05-05-06, 11:50 AM
carenthus
Driver

44k is the msrp, i assume the invoice is 40k so 10% off of invoice would be 36k
Old 05-05-06, 12:20 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Default Great Deal

Thats the way I figured it too. Boy, that is a great deal. I would be very happy to get that price.
Now I know what to try to get.
Old 05-05-06, 02:33 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In my case, It took about 20 minutes - and a time deadline established by me - of getting to the final price. They didn't want to even discount. "It's brand new, etc." In the end, it all came down to how much they wanted to retain my overall business. I am very pleased. They still made money, and I made money.
Old 05-05-06, 05:12 PM
carenthus
Driver

Anybody here works for Toyota, I need a job with Toyota to get my discount. It doesn't matter what the job is. It can be part time. I hope part time workers qualify for an employee discount.

We CL members need hookups. We are loyal loyal Lexus owners. We keep our cars looking clean and shiny, which attracts other people to the car and ultimately to the brand.

Just wondering, can a Toyota employee buy a car for a relative or a friend? What are the rules?
Old 05-05-06, 08:32 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carenthus
Anybody here works for Toyota, I need a job with Toyota to get my discount. It doesn't matter what the job is. It can be part time. I hope part time workers qualify for an employee discount.

We CL members need hookups. We are loyal loyal Lexus owners. We keep our cars looking clean and shiny, which attracts other people to the car and ultimately to the brand.

Just wondering, can a Toyota employee buy a car for a relative or a friend? What are the rules?
Yes, relatives are ok, friends I don't think are, but the only way that I've heard around it is to buy with employee discount and keep registered for 6 months then "sell" it. An employee is only elidgible for 3 cars per year at discount. Hope this info helps.
Old 05-05-06, 09:09 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carenthus
Direct family only, which means spouse, children, and parents of employees. No uncles/aunts, nieces/nephews, grandchildren/grandparents, in-laws, nor friends.

Certain dealerships have good relations with Toyota HQ Employees, especially to promote continued business and service at the dealership (they make more money with the Service department than Sales department). I've been to dealerships that would give my friends and family a car for only $100 over invoice when they knew my father worked for HQ. This usually does not apply to first year models.

Also, depending on heirarchy of employee status, most employees get either invoice, xx% below invoice, or leasing programs only. If you work part time, you may only be eligible for leasing programs only.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 05-05-06, 10:46 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Direct family only, which means spouse, children, and parents of employees. No uncles/aunts, nieces/nephews, grandchildren/grandparents, in-laws, nor friends.

Certain dealerships have good relations with Toyota HQ Employees, especially to promote continued business and service at the dealership (they make more money with the Service department than Sales department). I've been to dealerships that would give my friends and family a car for only $100 over invoice when they knew my father worked for HQ. This usually does not apply to first year models.

Also, depending on heirarchy of employee status, most employees get either invoice, xx% below invoice, or leasing programs only. If you work part time, you may only be eligible for leasing programs only.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Actually my dad got the employee discount for his mother-in-law, my grandmother, so I think certain relatives are accepted.
Old 05-07-06, 07:58 PM
carenthus
Driver

Thanks for the info. You guys are so lucky.
Old 05-11-06, 10:08 AM
frebay
Pole Position

I called longo yesterday and they were offering 2k off mrsp on the phone.
Old 05-11-06, 08:19 PM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

just referred somebody to get almost 4k off.... on the fully loaded model

Quick Reply: what did you pay for your ES 350