ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-06, 10:42 AM
Mlawler
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toneman
Mlawler--great...another pic for my wife to see so that she can rag on me some more for not having bought ours in Ruby Red instead of the SGM that I chose to go with--a nice color in its own right...LOL! j/k!!!

Nice pic, and congrats on your purchase!
You know when it comes to the wife you never win!

I got her a 04 Sequioa with the PM package and now we must have a limited UL...
Old 12-30-06, 04:03 PM
tnedator
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well we finally picked up my wife's ES.

Ruby Red / Cashmere
UL + Parking Assist + Lip Spoiler
They received the wrong XM kit, so a new one is on order
11/06 Build
Old 12-30-06, 04:50 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by tnedator
Ok, well we finally picked up my wife's ES.

Ruby Red / Cashmere
UL + Parking Assist + Lip Spoiler
They received the wrong XM kit, so a new one is on order
11/06 Build
Congratulations your new car! I hope you and your wife enjoy it. Everything seem to be working OK?
Old 12-30-06, 07:12 PM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Congratulations your new car! I hope you and your wife enjoy it. Everything seem to be working OK?
So far, so good. Driving back from Little Rock (two hours, mostly on Interstate-like state highway) everything seemed good. It was raining, so it wasn't the best trip to determine how quiet it was, as the wind was also blowing, but at one stretch I turned off the radio and there was almost no wind noise at 75-80mph, except for an occaissional wind gust that could be heard. I can't imagine that is what people are talking about when they say there is wind noise, because right now it is one of the quietest cars I have ever ridden in.

It's my wifes car, but she wanted me to drive it out of Little Rock, as she doesn't like driving in LR, especially with a new car. I let her take over close to home when we switched to a 55mph road, and shortly after she started driving, she sort of yelped, because she realized she was doing 70 and didn't know she was going that fast.

The car had already been moved around to be prepped, so no way to know about the flare.

The chrome trim on the front doors is slightly lower than where the trim starts on the rear doors (I think I have read people talking about that).

The trim/door alignment is the only thing that I spotted. It was raining, so I had to look the car over in their service bay, where no work was being done (service closed on Saturdays) and the lights weren't great, and than briefly outside in a drizzle, but didn't notice any problems with the exterior.

I thought the side mirrors were supposed to tilt down when you put it in reverse, but maybe the ES doesn't have that, like on the LS.
Old 12-30-06, 07:51 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

We've driven ours in some heavy rains on the interstate and expressways and it feels solid and secure in those situations. Your car should have the tilt down feature on the outside rear view mirrors. Check the switch on the lower left side of the dash for adjusting the rear view mirrors. If the switch is in the middle postion, they don't tilt. Set it to either the L or R setting and they'll tilt when you put the car in reverse. I'm going from memory here, but I think that's how it's done.
Old 12-30-06, 08:12 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

yes. thats how its done for the mirrors. somehow I thought it'd be better to let it be on the middle position.
Old 12-30-06, 09:09 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cocopops
yes. thats how its done for the mirrors. somehow I thought it'd be better to let it be on the middle position.
Except when you're parallel parking next to a curb, then the down position really helps tremendously.
Old 12-30-06, 09:44 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cocopops
I concur wholeheartedly! Makes little sense to activate the reverse-tilt by sliding the switch to a position which will allow the corresponding side mirror to be adjusted accidentally. Hard to believe that GM got this right--on my Denali, reverse-tilt is enabled when mirror switch is in middle/neutral position...thus allowing reverse-tilt function w/o worrying about accidently nudging side mirror positioning.
Old 12-30-06, 10:08 PM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
We've driven ours in some heavy rains on the interstate and expressways and it feels solid and secure in those situations. Your car should have the tilt down feature on the outside rear view mirrors. Check the switch on the lower left side of the dash for adjusting the rear view mirrors. If the switch is in the middle postion, they don't tilt. Set it to either the L or R setting and they'll tilt when you put the car in reverse. I'm going from memory here, but I think that's how it's done.
I know I had it in the middle, because that is my habit. Adjust mirrors, and move switch to the middle so as to not accidentally bump and more the mirrors (more likely to happen on cars that have the adjustments near the window controls).

Thanks, I will try that in the morning, but that makes me feel better, because I was pretty sure it was supposed to be on the car.
Old 01-26-07, 10:28 AM
ushinde
Driver School Candidate

Ruby Red with Black interior - have been driving it since Sept, 2006. Love it! Except that the frigid arctic temp in the east coast this morning caused the CHECK VSC to come on. It did go away after a while, but still hv some knocking noises. Hopefully just something frozen that shd thaw when temps go up!
Old 02-19-07, 10:10 PM
NoiseFree
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tunsten Pearl, black interior.
Picked up Feb. 17, 2007.
Manufacture date Dec-2006.
Base package.
Mod: Telescopic Steering de-activated.
Old 02-20-07, 05:34 PM
Lex13
Rookie

NoiseFree, you're the only one to answer the ES350 Rollcall so far this year. ushinde posted in January but stated that the car was picked up in September. Congrats on your purchase. Be sure to post pics if you can.

I get to pick mine up in less than 24-hours. The excitement builds.
Old 02-20-07, 07:00 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lex13
NoiseFree, you're the only one to answer the ES350 Rollcall so far this year. ushinde posted in January but stated that the car was picked up in September. Congrats on your purchase. Be sure to post pics if you can.

Lex, are you in the Chicago area, if so, where are you getting your car? I got mine at Lexus Of Orland Park, mid-May '06.
Old 02-20-07, 07:21 PM
NoiseFree
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex13

Thanks for the kudos!
It does seem a bit strange that there was an almost two month gap between new buyer posts in this thread. But there you have it!
I will try to get some pics happening soon.
Old 02-20-07, 07:31 PM
Lex13
Rookie

LexBob2, I'm not in the Chicago area, I live downstate in O'Fallon (16 miles from that giant horseshoe in St. Louis). I'm picking mine up from Dave Mungenast Lexus in Missouri.

NoiseFree, looking forward to the pics.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE