ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.
View Poll Results: Master tint thread
0%
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Official ES Tint Thread - add your pics here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-05, 10:19 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusk8
Well, nothing that a road trip to the South can't fix Besides, my hometown is actually in TX (Houston to be exact)
never would have thaught you are from H town
Old 05-02-05, 06:18 PM
aznxteddy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 5% on back window. and 20% on all 4 around, haha everytime i see cops, i roll down all my windows. It must look fishy when i do it in the winter time

But yea i have friends who have been ticketed for "loud exhaust" in NY, seems like they crack down on that when they are bored and you drive down a quiet street at night,

Hey ICENPINKI, where in NY did you get your tint ticket?
Old 05-02-05, 08:02 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aznxteddy
But yea i have friends who have been ticketed for "loud exhaust" in NY, seems like they crack down on that when they are bored and you drive down a quiet street at night,
That's here too. That's everywhere. It's called noise pollution, and it can span from your exhaust to your stereo system. Here the law is a cop can hear your stereo system from 75 feet away (windows up OR down), and/or between the hours of 9PM and 8AM, you'll get a ticket for noise pollution. And personally, I'm not against modding a car, but please don't disturb me with it while i'm sleeping..

ANYWAY... back on topic...

Ticketing for tints doesn't make any bit of sense to me at all... I believe if you should get a ticket for any type of vehicle modification, it should be for shopping cart handle spoilers
Old 05-02-05, 08:21 PM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheRupp
That's here too. That's everywhere. It's called noise pollution, and it can span from your exhaust to your stereo system. Here the law is a cop can hear your stereo system from 75 feet away (windows up OR down), and/or between the hours of 9PM and 8AM, you'll get a ticket for noise pollution. And personally, I'm not against modding a car, but please don't disturb me with it while i'm sleeping..

ANYWAY... back on topic...

Ticketing for tints doesn't make any bit of sense to me at all... I believe if you should get a ticket for any type of vehicle modification, it should be for shopping cart handle spoilers
If thats a law in Flordia then the cops dont do a dam thing about it. I see so many ppl sitting next to cops blasting they're stereo and then take off with the fart can. Cops dont do a thing.

One thing that is illegal is tinting your front windshield but I know mad peeps that have it done.

Some ppls exhaust is so bad that it hurts your ears. We dont have any inspections down here so I see some really messed up stuff, like ppl rolling down the street with no exhaust at all, smoke bellowing everywhere. I guess there are some pros and cons to that stuff. But Im happy I can do anything to my ride without having to worry about the fuzz.

When I went to college up in New Hampshire the cops would ticket you if your car was too low, but they would let those hillbillies roll around with they're super swampers and ya dude trucks.
Old 05-03-05, 12:50 PM
kyle0k
Rookie

in ohio the law is front windows 50% and the rest any% that sucks

u think 40% tint on all windows and 20% on rear would look good? b\c with a 40% tint no cops gonna stop me,but 35% might be pushing it.

and i dont think i lik ethe cars that have like a different tint on the front windows then on the back passanger windows.

also what happens if u get a ticket, is it just pay a fine? how bigs the fine..
Old 05-03-05, 01:03 PM
kyle0k
Rookie

actually looking at some pics of 35% tint i think i might go with that,b\c even that looks lik it lets alot of light pass!. and also i have a white 1996 es300. i think black would lok the best, but maybe reflective chrome?

Last edited by kyle0k; 05-03-05 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-03-05, 06:13 PM
tbridgers
Rookie

I have 20% all around. Its Perfect! Light enough to see out at night but dark enough not to see in.
Old 05-06-05, 05:53 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by tbridgers
I have 20% all around. Its Perfect! Light enough to see out at night but dark enough not to see in.
I couldn't agree more tbr!
Old 05-06-05, 09:44 AM
92es300v6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nixsun79
If thats a law in Flordia then the cops dont do a dam thing about it. I see so many ppl sitting next to cops blasting they're stereo and then take off with the fart can. Cops dont do a thing.

One thing that is illegal is tinting your front windshield but I know mad peeps that have it done.

Some ppls exhaust is so bad that it hurts your ears. We dont have any inspections down here so I see some really messed up stuff, like ppl rolling down the street with no exhaust at all, smoke bellowing everywhere. I guess there are some pros and cons to that stuff. But Im happy I can do anything to my ride without having to worry about the fuzz.

When I went to college up in New Hampshire the cops would ticket you if your car was too low, but they would let those hillbillies roll around with they're super swampers and ya dude trucks.
I live in FL and just got out of the Honda import scene and the cops did mess with us bad. I think it might of been riding with 2 or more civics and they suspected us to up to no good. I hate tarpon police..
Old 05-06-05, 10:32 AM
Nixsun79
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh shiz you live in Tarpon. Im in Tampa
Old 06-22-05, 06:46 AM
kyle0k
Rookie

Default I got 28% tints and cleared my corners!

ok well i got 28% tints and cleared my corners the other day,so check it out!(yea i am updating fast!)

ok and its a wierd number(28%) because i found out from the guy that our stock tint is 80% and on top of a 35% tint thats 28%

tell me what u think,its on the second page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1202769

Old 06-22-05, 07:01 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice job with the clear corners and new tint. They indeed look sweet and go well with your white ES
Old 06-22-05, 07:58 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There ya go! I knew those clear corners would look great on your car!
Old 06-22-05, 08:10 AM
thirdmotio
Pole Position

looking good
Old 06-22-05, 08:31 AM
superpats
Lexus Test Driver

So basically you got a 35% tint? The clear corners look great on white. Nice job

Quick Reply: Official ES Tint Thread - add your pics here!